Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:57:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watercoolin without a CASE? Whats Better than watercoolin?  (Read 593 times)
isthiscorrect? (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:47:14 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 09:51:26 PM by isthiscorrect?

Would you watercool without case? HOW?

What cools better than water?WOULD YOU use it?

Does better cooling mean better gpu overclocking?WHAT ELSE can affect it apart from voltage stability?
isthiscorrect? (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:15:47 PM

look at post above
isthiscorrect? (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:37:42 PM

answer anyone?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
isthiscorrect? (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
bump
isthiscorrect? (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:49:57 PM

for fucks sake..!
inthemud

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

I am interested in this answer as well. Mainly, does cooling the gpu give better hash rates?

I had an XFX 7950 that ran hot (around 90-95c) all the damn time no matter what I did. But even when I could get it down to the 80s it did not churn out any better hashes. I have my 290xs running at a stable 85c. I have them opened cased with forced air cooling. Would cooling them further produce better hash rates? I was thinking about water cooling them as well but I do not want to put in the extra money if it will not help increase productivity.

I was also looking into submersion techniques as well. But if it is not going to increase my productivity then I do not care. Anyone got any answers on whether cooling gpus increase hashrates?
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:19:37 PM

Your answers are here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0

You can do it on a smaller scale with mineral oil in a fish tank and pumping it through a radiator with cooling fans using standard PC cooling parts.

The reason fully immerse it is to get cooling to every component (no cooked VRMs, caps or RAM) and transport the heat and fan noise outside.

I see many people put a cooling block on a VGA card, the GPU is nice and cool, but they forget the fan cools the other components too, and they melt them when they overclock!

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:25:47 PM

Would cooling them further produce better hash rates?
Not directly of course.
But...

A cooler card means you can overclock it more.  Wink

gpucoolingmethod

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

I just made account for this:
After 2 DAYS of researching I still dont know

What is needed for scrypt mining?
core or memory?
if only one can I underclockvolt the other for lower temp?

About how much better overclock will I have with these three methods? (found other methods like LN2 or Helium and peltier=TEC=ThermoElectricCooling (and Sandia cpu cooler=spinning heatsink replaces fan) also Ionic Wind Cooling but that prolly fucks up your HW with charged particles=ions.Gas cooling is only a few minute option and peltier is inefficient but cheap (ebay etc) and requires something to take heat away from its other side so Ill research it more once I choose something else first.

Aircooling?
Watercooling?
(Why do people use oil?)
Phase change? (prolly too expensive even when buildin it urself and so complicated)

Im asking to maximise ROI=ReturnofInvestment I will share the knowledge here please help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: