Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt mining  (Read 511 times)
BTC-TK (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:39:58 PM

I am curious are there any guides on setting up scrypt mining without using pools on rented GPU servers?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:42:46 PM

you mean for solo mining?
BTC-TK (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:49:53 PM

you mean for solo mining?

Yes, pools really don't make sense if you're investing in some crypto in its early days.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

then, just match your config with cgminer string(desktop shortcut)

config

rpcuser= what you want
rpcpassword=what you want
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport= coin port(search in the official thread)
server=1

save and reload the client of your coin

cgminer string

-o 127.0.0.1:rpcport -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword and your vga config (example for 7950  -g2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13)

that's it
BTC-TK (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:15:31 PM

config

rpcuser= what you want
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

cgminer string

-o 127.0.0.1:rpcport -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword and your vga config

that's it

Ah thanks, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to actual mining, makes me curious how (un)effecient is -gen in comparison to cgminer?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

config

rpcuser= what you want
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

cgminer string

that's it

Ah thanks, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to actual mining, makes me curious how (un)effecient is -gen in comparison to cgminer?

dunno i only know about cgminer/bfgminer, and reaper, but this one is not user friendly
BTC-TK (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:19:58 PM

config

rpcuser= what you want
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1

cgminer string

that's it

dunno i only know about cgminer/bfgminer, and reaper, but this one is not user friendly

I mean the standard (what-have-you)-qt with the -gen option running.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

don't bother, because the default qt miner use the cpu, unless you want to mine a cpu coin..
BTC-TK (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:23:51 PM

don't bother, because the default qt miner use the cpu, unless you want to mine a cpu coin..

Didn't Satoshi mine like tens of millions worth of BTC using the -gen option?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:28:09 PM

yeah, but it was at the start, now the difficulty is like 2 peta Cheesy
BTC-TK (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:32:05 PM

yeah, but it was at the start, now the difficulty is like 2 peta Cheesy

I will be mining altcoins from the start, no one was talking about BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: