Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Reality Makes Space Tourism Possible  (Read 218 times)
Hairpin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:08:00 AM

One of the UK’s leading publications The Guardian, has published an article explaining how anyone can soon experience being a space tourist –a virtual reality astronaut who can see our home planet from above. UK-based immersive content studio Rewind and space industry experts at In-Space Missions have launched SpaceTime Enterprises which are set to launch multiple satellites that will broadcast real-time immersive video of the entire Earth viewed via virtual reality goggles. The first satellite is scheduled for launch in September 2019.

Offering this incredible experience to the masses is a huge step forward for virtual reality and its impact on science, art and basically our everyday lives. 

This supports the increased attention society is paying, towards this promising technological advancement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:53:53 AM

I think virtual reality is going to not just revolutionise space tourism but tourism in general

I mean imagine you could visit the grand canyon, north pole and the great barrier reef all in one day. Smiley
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:44:20 PM

I am always fascinated with the advancement of technology. Seeing this kind of innovation makes me excited on it. I want to experience it in the near future as who don't want to see how we can see earth outside it. It is so exciting to see more of this. A lot of uses can arise from having virtual reality. I know that the are in constant search of it. I also want to be part of it so if I would be given a chance, I would think of something that is worth pursuing as it is very useful to everyone.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 01:45:55 AM

One of the UK’s leading publications The Guardian, has published an article explaining how anyone can soon experience being a space tourist –a virtual reality astronaut who can see our home planet from above. UK-based immersive content studio Rewind and space industry experts at In-Space Missions have launched SpaceTime Enterprises which are set to launch multiple satellites that will broadcast real-time immersive video of the entire Earth viewed via virtual reality goggles. The first satellite is scheduled for launch in September 2019.

Offering this incredible experience to the masses is a huge step forward for virtual reality and its impact on science, art and basically our everyday lives. 

This supports the increased attention society is paying, towards this promising technological advancement.

virtual reality is virtual reality its not space tourism

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:42:04 AM

You cannot really call it space tourism, it will just be a VR experience, which basically is an enhanced way to watch a movie. And to watch a movie of the Amazon is NOT doing tourism in the Amazon, not in the slightest. In the end, that's all just entertainment.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

From the point of view of virtual reality is interesting. But I would not call it Tourism. It would be much more interesting to actually fly into space. I think that it was possible to start doing mass excursions in space for a long time. This would bring additional funding.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:25:46 PM

NASA has an ISS virtual tour. It was pretty neat on my HTC vive, but it has a long way to go.

There's no way you're going to be able to simulate lack of gravity here on earth for VR.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:46:49 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 11:43:34 PM by Spendulus

...There's no way you're going to be able to simulate lack of gravity here on earth for VR.

Sure, it's easy. Underwater in a spacesuit with VR. That'll do the "floating" sensations but not the "falling" sensation. Pretty darn close and well worth paying to experience, I'd say. In fact you've got the good part without the bad part!

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:26:28 AM

thats not space tourism thats just space simulation, stop faking terms for marketing goals

Amadeo33

Merit: 5

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:29:44 PM

From the point of view of virtual reality is interesting. But I would not call it Tourism. It would be much more interesting to actually fly into space. I think that it was possible to start doing mass excursions in space for a long time. This would bring additional funding.

Fully agree with you. Virtual reality is completely different than a flight into space.
I would also like to fly into space and feel everything for myself. Especially the feeling of weightlessness.
randall_boss

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:05:46 AM

Isn't Elon Musk suggesting ACTUAL space travel and Richard Branson also? But I guess VR is a cheaper alternative... and less motion sickness I imagine
Emily_Davis

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:43:59 PM

Well, this isn't really news because we already have Google Earth VR. That said, this could be great for teaching students about the space. That is, of course, if the school can afford a VR lab.
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:59:50 PM

VR has nothing to do with tourism, let alone space tourism. If we call it tourism, than there are already video games - do they also count as tourism?
The only aspect VR can transfer is visual information while the rest is absent. There is no point in virtual tourism, I bet the impressions will be drastically different from real life travelling and this two concepts will remain separated.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:14:23 PM

VR has nothing to do with tourism, let alone space tourism. If we call it tourism, than there are already video games - do they also count as tourism?
The only aspect VR can transfer is visual information while the rest is absent. There is no point in virtual tourism, I bet the impressions will be drastically different from real life travelling and this two concepts will remain separated.

Truth. Also, how does "space tourism" exactly work? If this promotes actual space travel then it won't work because only the richest will be able to afford it. Even with virtual reality, it still wouldn't work because not everyone has a VR headset. That said, this could be useful in classrooms. Teachers could maybe use it to teach their students about the outerspace.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:22:45 PM

Are you guys crazy?Huh

Seriously? So instead of actual travelling you prefer to lie to yourself? Have you ever
been somewhere in your life to understand the experience?
How can you compare 'visiting the Grand Canyon' as a real life experience
with visiting the Grand Canyon in VR?
I'm honestly disappointed by this topic
Nolan1331

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:49:54 PM

VR will make everything possible. It's potential is so big
MollyWalk01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

Yes, it's a great opportunity for those people who have no money to travel, but still, it's not a real life and you don't feel the same when you just visit some places in virtual reality.
goldSkylark

Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:07:56 AM

NASA has an ISS virtual tour. It was pretty neat on my HTC vive, but it has a long way to go.

There's no way you're going to be able to simulate lack of gravity here on earth for VR.

Actually, the VR game Lone Echo (space exploration game) is somewhat able to replicate the feeling of being in zero gravity.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/10/13/13261342/virtual-reality-oculus-rift-touch-lone-echo-robo-recall

So I think space travel could really be possible through VR. Or anything is possible with technology, don't you think?

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:04:21 AM

It's just a more dramatic, but possibly more accurate at times, way of making science fiction movies. The whole thing is about duping people into believing something is real when it is not... and doing it for money.

Right now we have the technology to remake new versions of the old Star Trek series from back in the 1960s. Computers can analyze all the pictures of Spock and Kirk in those old films, and then extrapolate all the shadows and coloring to make new versions that seem almost as real as the stage sets of those old shows.

So, how does anyone know that the VR from NASA or anywhere else is really showing us what space is really like? Some of it may be real, but much of it is simple extrapolation. And it might become pure science fiction when they start showing stuff that they are unsure is real.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:42:36 PM

Representative of today's society for sure. All experiences are essentially becoming digitized. Look around! People are living most of their lives behind screens. At least VR will make these new realities more realistic and interactive. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: