Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Casascius Storage Bar  (Read 1154 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

Looking for a couple of the Casascius storage bars still wrapped in original packaging.  Can pay with BTC, LTC, or PayPal.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:32:18 PM

I will have up to 3 available; in 2 weeks time.
ill likely make an auction, but do you have any offer?

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Pictures and do you escrow?
dave00

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

I'm interested too

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:15:11 AM

I'm interested too

Wouldn't hold your breath.. new account selling right away.. 99% of the time scammer.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 08:30:06 AM

Not a scammer. I dont have them in-hand yet but I just ordered them from elsewhere myself. in ~2 weeks I will post photos; hold me to it. i should have waited till then, sorry. i was just gauging interest since i was excited. Still debating weather to sell here or risk ebay. anyway, Ill be back in mid feb.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

I'm interested too

Wouldn't hold your breath.. new account selling right away.. 99% of the time scammer.

ahah no problems i'm very careful in dealing with newcomers  Grin

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 02:12:01 PM

These forums are so filled with scammers I can not help but be that way.  Once you have them in hand you willing to use escrow?!?!
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:55:16 PM

These forums are so filled with scammers I can not help but be that way.  Once you have them in hand you willing to use escrow?!?!

havent looked into how it works, but if it increases legitimacy and gives me a chance of higher return/ less risk, then certainly.
ill be replying to this thread or pm'ing people here once i have them; good way to build traction for a possble auction i suppose.

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 06:35:56 PM

The way it would work is pretty simple:
1) I send the agreed amount of BTC to the escrow to hold
2) You verify with escrow that they have funds
3) You ship me the item (obviously with tracking and signature confirm)
4) After the item shows up I tell escrow to release the funds.
Keeps everyone protected..and would help build some rep for you.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:45:13 PM

sounds good. anything high-value im selling here on forums can certainly use escrow.
I have not yet decided if I will sell all 3 bars (i may decide to keep 2 for myself/ future yeas), and if i will sell here or eBay. (1 recently went for $1900 there).
all 3 will be unopened in original plastic wrappers, and I will have a Casascius envelope that was once used to ship 5 such bars.

I also have a Casascius 2011 error and some 2013's; im looking to get them ANACS graded because that should increase value.
Im quite possibly looking to sell the 2011 also at some point in bearish future

sorry if i kinda hijacked your thread:P

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

All good here..if you want to sell one let me know.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

I now have a bar in hand.

(hope this photo works)

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 07:08:14 PM

Photo didn't work; so here is an imgur link.
http://imgur.com/a/s3TLr#0
I have the needed code/pass-phrase which I can email to a buyer.

Jackblack90909

Activity: 552

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

how much is each bar??
Andrej88

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:15:45 PM

Does Cas still sell theese?
Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:14:45 AM

sounds good. anything high-value im selling here on forums can certainly use escrow.
I have not yet decided if I will sell all 3 bars (i may decide to keep 2 for myself/ future yeas), and if i will sell here or eBay. (1 recently went for $1900 there).
all 3 will be unopened in original plastic wrappers, and I will have a Casascius envelope that was once used to ship 5 such bars.

I also have a Casascius 2011 error and some 2013's; im looking to get them ANACS graded because that should increase value.
Im quite possibly looking to sell the 2011 also at some point in bearish future

sorry if i kinda hijacked your thread:P

You can't get the bars graded. I asked ANACS awhile back, and they said they were not conformant to their definition/shape of a coin.

Only 18 exist in total! (If memory serves there were 45 or 57 of them but most have been claimed.) I'm curious what your asking price is. If it's low enough, I might be interested in it for myself. Might as well try to form a monopoly :-P

At some point, the Casascius coins will either have a well-established market with predictable premiums, or they will move to zero-premium over spot.
Provided a market emerges, collectors will do what collectors do - make sets.
When they go to do that, it is the key dates that will dictate exactly how many people get to make complete sets.

Only 1 person in all the world will be able to make a complete set with Active pieces. (Only 2 of the 500 BTC bars exist, and only 1 remains active.)
Only 1 additional person can make a complete set, using the redeemed 500 BTC bar. (This leaves room for 1000 BTC bars and coins.)
Next on the rarity totem pole are the 100 BTC S1 "Casacius", of which only 18 remain.

I sold 1 of the 100 BTC S1 bars months back for 340 BTC.
I've got another for sale, but haven't really been willing to drop the BTC asking price.

Because people valuate these things the way they do - in terms of a USD premium and not a BTC premium, the collectibles serve as a short against bitcoin. You sell them when BTC spot prices tank, and buy them when spot prices rise - if you want to gain your BTC balance.

So, right now seems an excellent time to be selling!

I wish you the best of luck in finding a buyer.

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:59:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=465917.0
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 12:11:33 AM

Does Cas still sell theese?
nope

kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

I have a redeemed 100 BTC "Gold Plated Savings Bar" from round 1/season 1 of Mike's shipments. The BTC was redeemed quite some time ago, but the bar itself is in good shape. Any interest/offers? And yes, I'm willing to use escrow.

I can provide the tx id associated with the redemption of the BTC from the bar. Don't have the tx id from original funding of the bar, pretty sure only Mike has records of that. PM me if interested, anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: