Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insights into the workings of the American Corporate Machine  (Read 670 times)
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 02:39:06 PM

http://falkvinge.net/2011/09/05/cable-reveals-extent-of-lapdoggery-from-swedish-govt-on-copyright-monopoly/

I'm not particularly surprised by the cable, although some of you may find it informative. What I find interesting are the implications of the loss of control of finance and IP to centralized power. Bitcoin/Namecoin present major obstacles to corporate interests who would prefer to control all conduits of creating, distributing and profiting from all different types of IP. "Finance" is the only real remaining power center in the US, and it relies on IP (media/propaganda) on a fundamental level. This probably explains why the state department is being used to bully countries like Sweden with "super 301."

To an unprecedented degree, bitcoin/namecoin unlock the corporate deathgrip on information. I am sure that "finance" has recognized distributed currencies as lethal threats to its existence. The attacks will be fast and furious. In particular, beware the threat of infiltration and its potentially paralyzing effect on organization and progress. Don't trust; only build infrastructure that doesn't require trust.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptobard

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:10:07 PM

Don't trust; only build infrastructure that doesn't require trust.

+1

Are you John Young?
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:54:04 PM

Don't trust; only build infrastructure that doesn't require trust.

+1

Are you John Young?

Maybe now people will understand what I meant by that.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: