Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN for HOMELESS  (Read 106 times)
randyjayag3 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:59:46 AM

Hi guys, asking for a bitcoin for homeless is it possible?, bitcoin can be a charity?
actuealth

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:23:05 AM

I remember reading an ICO White Paper that described the workflow in transferring aid via their tokens to needy people in Africa. Maybe, there are other similar charity based coins out there.

Regarding Bitcoin in particular, there's no such charity function built into it. You can always donate Bitcoins to charities though!

DeHell

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

It could be, but actually less appropriate, because bitcoin prices are too fluctuating. How would it be if we were charitable with bitcoin, while the bitcoin price at that time was low.
randyjayag3 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

I remember reading an ICO White Paper that described the workflow in transferring aid via their tokens to needy people in Africa. Maybe, there are other similar charity based coins out there.

Regarding Bitcoin in particular, there's no such charity function built into it. You can always donate Bitcoins to charities though!

That pretty well said, thanks!
randyjayag3 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:54:45 AM

It could be, but actually less appropriate, because bitcoin prices are too fluctuating. How would it be if we were charitable with bitcoin, while the bitcoin price at that time was low.

Yeah , because of bitcoin volatility.
Aizarafer

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:19:21 AM

It is possible , This is the answer for poverty I think. Bitcoiners may help homeless people by giving their a part of their bitcoin.
actuealth

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:23:35 AM

That pretty well said, thanks!

You are welcome!  I appreciate your nice acknowledgement. Very gracious on your part.    Cool
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:59:30 AM

I think this is the best thing to do if you are in crypto community, they may donate some of their bitcoin in the charity, and this will help the homeless people.
Arsalan1996

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:43:43 AM

Hi guys, asking for a bitcoin for homeless is it possible?, bitcoin can be a charity?

I think yes we can do charity if we have some good income in bitcoin, the crypto can give a massive return if you choose the right coin on right time, so if any person is earning massive then he can help others needy persons like homeless persons or can do help for education of any needy persons etc. there are many options.
aliceayag

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:16:56 AM

I think it is possible for the charity of bitcoin since it is popular now. As the market price increases it can help the homeless for their needs such as food,shelter and others.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:34:20 AM

I think that would be a great idea!! As I know there is almost no chance for them to get into the world of crypto because they lack the basic means, us crypto enthusiasts can share our blessings with them!

I believe there are many companies doing that already, but we can also help too without using complicated methods. We can withdraw our coins and convert to our own local currency like dollars or others, then donate to regular charities.

Amarantcoral

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

imagine a homeless could be a rich man one-day thanks to bitcoin.
aliceayag

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:40:06 AM

imagine a homeless could be a rich man one-day thanks to bitcoin.

That is possible , if the homeless is knowledgeable about bitcoin and how it works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: