Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:06:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is the killer application of 'cut-n-paste'  (Read 633 times)
drubs (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

Sorry for the silliness, but can you imagine crypto without it? Cue paranoid nightmare of checking everything ten times.

In fact... some malware that changed a random letter when you cut and paste any string longer than 12 characters could end us all.
Bitconorama

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Just trust me.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

Copy/Paste for now ..but that won't remain the primary method of capturing an address.

KryptoKit, a Chrome plugin for example, automatically extracts BTC addresses from within webpages and places them into a list to select from within the wallet. Or, it allows you to click on any address in a page and it will populate the address field in the wallet too.
drubs (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:19:19 PM

That is great, thanks for telling me.
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:21:31 PM

i was under the impression if you got a character wrong it would make the checksum invalid
njaard

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

i was under the impression if you got a character wrong it would make the checksum invalid

Yes, that's correct, it's actually pretty hard to accidentally type in a valid address, and that should caught by any client before you send your coins to a black hole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: