Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots money invested on cryptocurrency, should I sell for liquidity?  (Read 627 times)
Trcream (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:38:48 AM

If lots of your money was spent on cryptocurrency,
but now something emergency happened,
you need to withdraw those money,
while at same time,
if you hold still, there may be considerable profit in the future,
At this situation, What you will do?
follow us on https://t.me/DAGTofficial, and see what we gonna do~

☛ CBNT☚
-Create Breaking News Together- (https://web.cbnt.io/)
expertofexperts

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:41:38 AM

We invest and save for emergency purposes only. If its emergency related to health then there is no other option then to cash it out.

If you can arrange and take loan then its better as crypto will give good future outcome.

Rest all depend on your gut feelings.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:10:11 PM

Well, it’s always advisable to never invest all your saving in any market. You some keep some of your money or at least invest them in some very liquid assets so that you can meet some emergency situations. That is why it is said to diversify your assets and this must also be done on  the basis of liquidity. Now you can do is sell your crypto is your investments are in profits but if you don’t want to lose future profits then you may take loan from you relatives, friends or banks
nanasei

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:41:22 PM

I usually cashout if I am found in such dilemma. To take a loan will attract interest and if the cryptocurrency I am holding also reduces in price for a long time ,I make double loss. The best is to sell part of your holding to settle emergency
emerejames

Activity: 349
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:47:20 PM

It is a big risk to invest all your money in crypto, because if emergency arise just as you said we wil be left with no option than to sell your investment. Because you work to earn money to solve you problem when the needs arise.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:56:10 PM

If you don't have any choose just like what you have mentioned, if its for emergency then we can't do anything to avoid it, crypto is to risky that's why its better to invest your spare money and not to invest everything at all, so in times like this you still have good alternatives instead of facing the loses and the hardship of accepting that amount of loses,its need to assess everything first before placing your money, the acceptance factors always hunts us after we experience mistakes and loses.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 06:08:41 PM

If it is emergency then what you waiting for? You should be dumbing your coins right away and get whatever fiat you are getting at this time. The emergency is what for we are earning the money. Otherwise we can live happy life without money, we get free food from the nature, shelter from the rocks and air from the surround. What else you need anyway to live happily?

In todays world money has more importance but its upto you when to give it that much. Emergency is something related to health, debts, etc and they should be cleared up first to live further. So no point in holding.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:21:06 PM

There is always the ballsy option of using your crypto as collateral. Would have to weigh up the risks of the market dropping and getting liquidated, but does mean you could keep your investments alive, and possibly even pay back less than you borrowed against. Only for the strong of heart though, I'd be tempted, but probably decide against it in the end.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:48:08 PM

If it is not an emergency related to health or something that you cannot solve without money, then I would sell some of my coins for liquidity(coins that will give me enough money to solve the problem at hand) and leave some of my portfolio untouched. I also advise that you don't take a loan if you can solve your problem using your current stash. Taking a loan from others isn't always a good option as it might bring you problems afterward.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:58:54 PM

This is the reason why not to invest all your money and its not also good to depend on this. People should realize the importance of having an emergency fund because it can save your investment and possible future profit.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:24:25 PM

Just sell, not a good idea asking on a crypto forum as you'll always get people offering stupid advice like getting yourself into more debt by getting out loans so you can hold your coins. Play it safe, take the cash and deal with the situation then come back to crypto.

Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:39:54 PM

I used my free money when trade on crypto, trade with the money that I already to lost them. So I must save money for the future needed.
If I need money for emergency, I just withdraw it 50%. This is reason why don't invest all of your money also.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:44:16 AM

Of course you need to sell your crypto and settle the emergency situation, you maybe losing profit for future which you don't know whether is going to happen or not, but the emergency thing is happening, so you need to be logical and settle the problem, don't because of afraid losing profit you act foolish and create another problem

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:37:02 AM

while at same time,

If you need of money urgently then better to sell off your cryptos instead of borrowing money from others for the interest because if prices again go back and if it takes time to recover then your situation will be worst.

That's why experts always say that people should invest only spare money in high-risk investments.

manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:54:46 AM

If Iam on that situation,  I try to keep hold the coin for long term investment and move that coin to other coin that has more potential. I don't want loss in crypto because this is make me depressed,  I still believe crypto market will grow  in next  a few month, only wait patiently we can recover loss and make some profit. And if I need fiat money is better try other way to get it, and not sell crypto in loss.

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

while at same time,

This will depends on your savings plans. Normally even you needed money there are money separately budgeted for emergency cases or what we called emergency funds. Let suppose you do not have allotted money for emergency then you might consider portion of your savings in cryptocurrency since you already said that many money is invested in stocks. After using the money if there are ways to replace the investment then it will be good practice for investment.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:00:59 AM

You can always use your invested money in cryptocurrency in something that really important for emergency cases. Otherwise, this is a lesson to be learned  that you have to save money separated from that of your investments in crypto. You can still gain profits in cryptocurrency if you missed the opportunity back then after selling your coins, timing at the market is all you need to gain another chance of profits.
Alkhalifi69

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

I advise not to spend your money on cryptocurrency, leave your money for savings and daily necessities.
savings money you can use for emergency situations, so you do not mind whether you want to sell or not your existing investment in cryptocurrency.
if your investment is lucky not your problem selling but if your investment is reduced even want to be sure if in an emergency still you sell.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

Don't if you will be liquidated then just why not give it a chance to recover what you've lost because i can assure you with a bit of dedication you can actually gain back those investment you did on cryptocurrency but there's always a chance of you not actually recovering it.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

while at same time,

You should thought of that when your losses are still small. You must have a great regret from all of that losses now. You should control yourself and not the market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: