Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:38:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT ICOS ARE DOING WRONG?  (Read 195 times)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:09:14 AM

I have noticed recently that some ICOs do things the most hard way, making it difficult for themselves, for investors and in addition to that behaving like a scam ICO (when they are not), which makes it more difficult for people to identify scam.

Read full post here:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/wrong-directions-in-ico-industry-ecbc30a2910d

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:15:59 AM

At present, most ICO projects look more like a hype, which is also a concern for me.
People don't care about the future of the project, they only care about whether the project can be profitable in the short term.

pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:19:25 AM

so many ICO 's scam, may be when all ICO have to escrow fund i think its safer for investor, when softcap not reached its easy to refund..
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:34:52 AM

so many ICO 's scam, may be when all ICO have to escrow fund i think its safer for investor, when softcap not reached its easy to refund..
What if it has reached softcap and the ICO is still a scam?
ICO scam is not only because it does not reach softcap but maybe because it has been planned from the beginning.
What do you think?
poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:47:45 AM

People don't care about the future of the project, they only care about whether the project can be profitable in the short term.

What's wrong in short term investment? You can't demand that people who buy tokens will hold it for years.

Fast short term investments are what drives ICOs forward.

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:52:04 AM

What ICOs are doing wrong is that they are SCAMMING people with promises of silly innovations that will never really amount to anything.

At the current state of crypto, i only completely believe in Bitcoin and Ethereum which have more than proven themselves to have the potential to really change the world. There are some other coins out there that are worth the time, but i haven't been able to dig into the research just yet.
vasil777

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:54:28 AM

I have noticed recently that some ICOs do things the most hard way, making it difficult for themselves, for investors and in addition to that behaving like a scam ICO (when they are not), which makes it more difficult for people to identify scam.

Read full post here:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/wrong-directions-in-ico-industry-ecbc30a2910d

Now there are really a lot of projects that look like a scam. Just everyone wants to get a quick and big profit and nobody thinks about the end product. Many projects cease to evolve after having successfully carried out the ICO and it is very bad!
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:56:29 AM

What if it has reached softcap and the ICO is still a scam?
ICO scam is not only because it does not reach softcap but maybe because it has been planned from the beginning.
What do you think?
it not ICO, its a robbering...its a crime not scam
Petersha

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:58:46 AM

Most of the ICO's are not backed by product. They are just making coin.

Always check project detail, their partners and team member before you join ICO.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:01:33 AM

Not reaching soft cap is not a scam, it's just a failed ICO. A scam is when they actually reach the cap and then leave with all the money.
It has never happened to me, because I do thorough researches before getting involved in anything.

poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 08:28:49 AM

Not reaching soft cap is not a scam, it's just a failed ICO. A scam is when they actually reach the cap and then leave with all the money.

Correct!

ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:37:34 AM

Most of the ICO's are not backed by product. They are just making coin.

Always check project detail, their partners and team member before you join ICO.
So, you are right, a lot of new ICOs are not currently thinking about making the final product, but just thinking how to sell a lot of coins and make money. You need to be careful not to invest in projects that only think about profits.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:12:47 AM

What ICOs are doing wrong is that they are SCAMMING people with promises of silly innovations that will never really amount to anything.

At the current state of crypto, i only completely believe in Bitcoin and Ethereum which have more than proven themselves to have the potential to really change the world. There are some other coins out there that are worth the time, but i haven't been able to dig into the research just yet.
most of the teams are amateur entrepreneurs they cann't take advantage of market opportunities, they just target the crypto community market without trying to compete beyond that, their innovation will be useless if the way to compete like that

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:22:25 AM

What ICOs are doing wrong is setting over-ambitious goals, which are bound to fail. Not many ICOs are straight out scams, they just overestimate their capability and fail to meet expectations, which ultimately buries them. There is a big difference between bad ICOs and scams.
UrKarma

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:24:01 AM

ICO on the MyWish platform are verified and 100% not scam!!
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

I don't think they should start a project if they are just going to look like as scams. They are just wasting their time if that is the case. They should read more about cryptocurrency and how to handle a project properly in order to have a mutual development between the investors and their team.

wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:37:50 AM

I think many ICOs lack knowledge. Because it only seems so easy to conduct an ICO and collect some money. In fact it's hard work and a team should be really committed if they wanna do good. Marketing becomes more and more important these days, so unless your marketing is good enough, nobody will know about your project. There is a ton of things that can go wrong while conducting an ICO, like everywhere.

loyaeskiron

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:55:20 AM

The assurance on this business especially ICO'S are not totally one hundred percent providing a good contributions to every people who access it. However, even there are several problems arise, but still a lots of people who want to joins and wants to access for it, in order to have extra income.
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:59:41 PM

Companies spend money on marketing. Why advisers do not suggest the best solution? At the same time, competent ICO are held, why not use their experience? I do not understand...
ico-services

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 05:46:25 PM

Nice article!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: