Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:21:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MakeBTC.org Pyramid Scheme  (Read 18595 times)
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

We are going to see a lot of signing up & deposits starting Friday when makeBTC will start being advertised here so it should at least be entertaining&fun to watch, I deposited 0.2 and cashed out 0.02 so far so I have a long way to go  Smiley

Was he successful in winning the advert auction?
opnoskatt (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:40:01 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 10:14:50 PM by opnoskatt

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
FZ: FA3HLhx8iyGPniYoHHyDxMREno6KtwnoiY
XPM: AdKrkQzdJmQPrx2Kujybycrxt5yvN4n1W8
jmalec

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

For kicks, beetje2007, I pulled your log into Excel and ran some totals. It concerns me that your actual sales to not add to 5.012 as they should. They are short and not by the amount you paid yourself on that one transaction. It took little effort other than summations and formatting to find this. So it appears MakeBTC has at least two issues with your account.

Perhaps boumalo's thought is correct and they are holding up payment until they complete an audit to sort this all out accurately. If that is the case, good business suggests they should answer your inquiries privately, simply to acknowledge they are looking into things for accuracy along with a time estimate for completion. For you as well as the rest of us, I hope this is the case. Silence is not good, I agree with you on that.

Here's to all of our mutual success. I'll be watching with interest.
beetje2007

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

For kicks, beetje2007, I pulled your log into Excel and ran some totals. It concerns me that your actual sales to not add to 5.012 as they should. They are short and not by the amount you paid yourself on that one transaction. It took little effort other than summations and formatting to find this. So it appears MakeBTC has at least two issues with your account.

Perhaps boumalo's thought is correct and they are holding up payment until they complete an audit to sort this all out accurately. If that is the case, good business suggests they should answer your inquiries privately, simply to acknowledge they are looking into things for accuracy along with a time estimate for completion. For you as well as the rest of us, I hope this is the case. Silence is not good, I agree with you on that.

Here's to all of our mutual success. I'll be watching with interest.

I did the Excel thing myself also. I only know what I received in my wallet. 30th Jan on 06.46 the last payment was done to my bitcoinadress. After that no payment arrived and as you can see there should be a lot more. I also think makebtc has a prblem with my account but al least he could let something know. Silence isnt good, for nobody.
And if you are makebtc (waht I dont believe anymore) it is a good sign you should repair things ;-)
beetje2007

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

I think that jmalec may very well me a player like us, but who knows

opnoskatt, I think that maybe makeBTC thought your cashing out were suspicious and froze them before he was sure everything was correct.

I didn't check the logs carefully but I am guessing the missing cash outs are a few days old at most so it is still possible that makeBTC will make you whole, let's hope you changing the title of this thread didn't annoy him too much  Tongue

We are going to see a lot of signing up & deposits starting Friday when makeBTC will start being advertised here so it should at least be entertaining&fun to watch, I deposited 0.2 and cashed out 0.02 so far so I have a long way to go  Smiley

I wish that was the case, but I actually had a long e-mail chain with support (makebtc@yandex.ru) which resulted in me being accused of cheating, even after I showed them logs that proved otherwise and that the issue was on their side.  They promptly edited my account to show a lower deposit level.  You can actually verify this yourself, if you search for my name and add up deposits you'll see that it is 2.25BTC + bonus, but then if you click on my name their system shows me with 1.51BTC.

I'm assuming they'll realize soon that I've been one of the top advertisers for their site (I feel bad about that now) and that it's worth it to them, if they are legitimate, to pay what's due to those who have been cheated.  If things were made right again I would continue to spread positive truths about their operation and they would continue to prosper... otherwise, they are likely never going to make another level again.

Totally agree Opnoskatt. If they repair I also be the first tp let you all know. And also agree that I would be positive again but the silence from Makebtc is not good for everyone. And how things go right now they never make bank 16....
jmalec

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:08:38 PM

After your last post, opnoskatt, I picked up on one common thread looking at the your public logs: Both you and beetje2007 made a purchase where you paid yourself a bonus. After that, things went awry.

From your posts I can very well see MakeBTC did not anticipate this and probably did not allow for it in their programming until after the fact, simplistically figuring when people cashiered they would not buy back in right away or at all. Oops, bad business analysis and testing for new code. It happens, seen too much of that in my career. Tidying it up properly is MakeBTC's problem, agreed, along with proper private communication to those involved.

I personally don't think there was an attempt to cheat as much as you stumbled upon a possibility they simply missed. Good user testing but testing that should have happened before the code was put in production. However, I can also see where they may not see it that way.  In any case, I hope this gets straightened out to everyone's honorable satisfaction.
beetje2007

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

quote author=jmalec link=topic=420881.msg4900774#msg4900774 date=1391375318]
After your last post, opnoskatt, I picked up on one common thread looking at the your public logs: Both you and beetje2007 made a purchase where you paid yourself a bonus. After that, things went awry.

From your posts I can very well see MakeBTC did not anticipate this and probably did not allow for it in their programming until after the fact, simplistically figuring when people cashiered they would not buy back in right away or at all. Oops, bad business analysis and testing for new code. It happens, seen too much of that in my career. Tidying it up properly is MakeBTC's problem, agreed, along with proper private communication to those involved.

I personally don't think there was an attempt to cheat as much as you stumbled upon a possibility they simply missed. Good user testing but testing that should have happened before the code was put in production. However, I can also see where they may not see it that way.  In any case, I hope this gets straightened out to everyone's honorable satisfaction.
[/quote]

Not totally correct jmalec, the payments stopped for me at 30h jan at 06.46. From that deposit I didnt get paid. I deposited a lot later at 19.28. I also didNOT receive the bonus in between. Nothing to say when bank 15 was reached but that I dont have to repeat again. Fact is that IF Makebtc has a problem with our accounts they should tell us that they investigate and correct.
jmalec

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:27:35 PM

"Fact is that IF Makebtc has a problem with our accounts they should tell us that they investigate and correct."

Absolutely agree, beetje2007, absolutely agree. You have distilled it perfectly in that statement. Proper and timely communication is the key. Without it, distrust builds quickly and hurts all.
beetje2007

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:35:45 PM

"Fact is that IF Makebtc has a problem with our accounts they should tell us that they investigate and correct."

Absolutely agree, beetje2007, absolutely agree. You have distilled it perfectly in that statement. Proper and timely communication is the key. Without it, distrust builds quickly and hurts all.

Correct, and I am not here to hurt you all but warn that they dont do what they believe. I know you guys also have money in there so this 'advertisment' is also bad for you all. But it is the truth, I am sorry guys.
Thereby, the payment between the times is mentioned didnot receive in my wallet as well, so that couldnt be the reason.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 10:08:01 PM

It is looking good, we will know for sure by Wednesday, you can follow the advert auction here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434288.msg4788025#msg4788025

@beetje2007 I would never tell you to say nothing because it would scare new depositors off, you have every right to tell your problem; to be honest I don't want to advertise the website because I know people could end up loosing money without knowing what they were doing but I couldn't help myself&deposited twice, I would even deposit again if I was letting myself be more crazy  Tongue

beetje2007

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:13:51 PM

It is looking good, we will know for sure by Wednesday, you can follow the advert auction here :

@beetje2007 I would never tell you to say nothing because it would scare new depositors off, you have every right to tell your problem; to be honest I don't want to advertise the website because I know people could end up loosing money without knowing what they were doing but I couldn't help myself&deposited twice, I would even deposit again if I was letting myself be more crazy  Tongue

I know who pays for the advertisement...................................
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:08:55 PM

makeBTC is leading the add auction with a 1.55 bid,  he sent 1.25 to Thymos which allows him to bid until 2.5

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:01:42 PM

makeBTC is leading the add auction with a 1.55 bid,  he sent 1.25 to Thymos which allows him to bid until 2.5

Is he paying for the ads with your money?  Cheesy
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

Is he paying for the ads with your money?  Cheesy

I guess that is why I am very interested by this add campaign  Cheesy

MakeBTC

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:50:34 PM

I think that jmalec may very well me a player like us, but who knows

opnoskatt, I think that maybe makeBTC thought your cashing out were suspicious and froze them before he was sure everything was correct.

I didn't check the logs carefully but I am guessing the missing cash outs are a few days old at most so it is still possible that makeBTC will make you whole, let's hope you changing the title of this thread didn't annoy him too much  Tongue

I wish that was the case, but I actually had a long e-mail chain with support (makebtc@yandex.ru) which resulted in me being accused of cheating, even after I showed them logs that proved otherwise and that the issue was on their side.  They promptly edited my account to show a lower deposit level.  You can actually verify this yourself, if you search for my name and add up deposits you'll see that it is 2.25BTC + bonus, but then if you click on my name their system shows me with 1.51BTC.

I'm assuming they'll realize soon that I've been one of the top advertisers for their site (I feel bad about that now) and that it's worth it to them, if they are legitimate, to pay what's due to those who have been cheated.  If things were made right again I would continue to spread positive truths about their operation and they would continue to prosper... otherwise, they are likely never going to make another level again.

I've updated the level selling and now i'm working on improving the logs page. There will be shown your level step by step, so you will see that your level is ok.
MakeBTC

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

All bitcoins from your level selling where withdrew to your bitcoin address which you wrote in your cabinet. I will show you the transactions in private form.
beetje2007

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:48:35 PM

All bitcoins from your level selling where withdrew to your bitcoin address which you wrote in your cabinet. I will show you the transactions in private form.

Very curious about the transactions. I can show you a printscreen of my wallet and then you can see nothing from 30th jan 06.46 was paid in my wallet. I checked the bitcoinadress in my cabinet and it is the right one. These 2 payment from 30.01 where the last payments. After that nothing in my wallet from Makebtc.org.
05:49 KileasRane bought 0.5 BTC + 0.25 BTC bonus from beetje2007
03:29 jrshawts10 bought 0.031263 BTC + 0.015632 BTC bonus from beetje2007
beetje2007

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:00:58 AM

Funny thing is that I received just a few bitcoins at the same adress I always have in my cabinet. It is a very small amount and that's from the bonus from today. @Makebtc, could you sewnt me the payments because as I said earlier, I didnt receive anything from 30-01 at 06.46. Thanks
jmalec

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:57:52 PM

You should be receiving a little more, I just bought a little with you,  beetje, the source. Nothng large, but another transaction to track.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:50:11 PM

beetje2007 since it is most probably a mistake in the system, maybe you can delete the negative title of the thread, you can always put it back in case you don't receive everything that should, I hope you will but I think we can be fairly optimistic here

makeBTC is still very much on his way to get the add slot on bitcointalk, 1 200 000 add impressions starting on Friday, that should bring a few deposits!!

There is a new feature that is doing exactly what I suggested should be done : you can sell your level at the price you want, if you sell it with a 60% discount, the next depositor will get a 60% bonus; so if I calculate correctly :

-you deposit 1BTC now, your level will be 1.66 with the 66%bonus
-first bank 0.22income+50%=0.33 so your level is now 2BTC, you doubled in one bank!
-second bank 0.25income+50%=0.37 so your level is now 2.37BTC
-third bank you will get approximatively an income equals to 50% of what you deposit, income that can be entirely cashed out like all other incomes, pretty nice!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: