Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MakeBTC.org Pyramid Scheme  (Read 18590 times)
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:43:45 AM

Is it still working? Or gone scam?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:39:09 AM

I can't fucking believe that theymos thinks its acceptable to take money from a pyramid scheme for advertising. I'm absolutely disgusted!

un-fucking-believable!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:54:21 AM

I can't fucking believe that theymos thinks its acceptable to take money from a pyramid scheme for advertising. I'm absolutely disgusted!

un-fucking-believable!

lulz here is the reasoning

Just an FYI makebtc.org is a blatant ponzi scheme. They are advertising here so maybe you won't want to advertise them next round  Wink
I don't judge whether advertised services are scams or not. If I did, I'd probably have to ban ads from every mining hardware company and every gambling site, as these are often accused of being scams and are clearly very risky. That's why there's a disclaimer below ads.

MakeBTC looks like a Ponzi scheme, but if it works exactly as advertised, then I wouldn't call it a scam. It's more like gambling. Some people will make money, more people will lose money, and the house always wins. No one is being tricked into participating: the exact rules are listed on the front page. Now, there's probably a high risk that MakeBTC will just run away with the money at some point, but users, not me, will need to decide whether the potential rewards are worth this risk.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:31:21 PM

Disgusting!

I guess this just says one thing about theymos.  He seems to only care about money.

Theymos, I had a neutral opinion of you before, but now...

SO Disgusted

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:40:20 PM

Disgusting!

I guess this just says one thing about theymos.  He seems to only care about money.

Theymos, I had a neutral opinion of you before, but now...

SO Disgusted

I don't think he cares that much about the money. This forum does seem to have weird standards though.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:57:08 PM

I think that Teymos answer is very reasonable :

"I don't judge whether advertised services are scams or not. If I did, I'd probably have to ban ads from every mining hardware company and every gambling site, as these are often accused of being scams and are clearly very risky. That's why there's a disclaimer below ads.

MakeBTC looks like a Ponzi scheme, but if it works exactly as advertised, then I wouldn't call it a scam. It's more like gambling. Some people will make money, more people will lose money, and the house always wins. No one is being tricked into participating: the exact rules are listed on the front page. Now, there's probably a high risk that MakeBTC will just run away with the money at some point, but users, not me, will need to decide whether the potential rewards are worth this risk."

That is pretty close to how I feel about makeBTC; I think that in a lot of jurisdictions it would be illegal to use the term investment as used on the website but if makeBTC doesn't run away with the money it is more or so a gambling website; makeBTC has been run as advertised so far and the owner hasn't run with any money

torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:55:08 AM

"I don't judge whether advertised services are scams or not. If I did, I'd probably have to ban ads from every mining hardware company and every gambling site, as these are often accused of being scams and are clearly very risky. That's why there's a disclaimer below ads.

MakeBTC looks like a Ponzi scheme, but if it works exactly as advertised, then I wouldn't call it a scam. It's more like gambling. Some people will make money, more people will lose money, and the house always wins. No one is being tricked into participating: the exact rules are listed on the front page. Now, there's probably a high risk that MakeBTC will just run away with the money at some point, but users, not me, will need to decide whether the potential rewards are worth this risk."

That is pretty close to how I feel about makeBTC; I think that in a lot of jurisdictions it would be illegal to use the term investment as used on the website but if makeBTC doesn't run away with the money it is more or so a gambling website; makeBTC has been run as advertised so far and the owner hasn't run with any money

I agree.
We are all adults and we all know that the washing powder in the TV add that is supposedly much better then the one of the competitor and cleans much whiter then the one before it (which cleaned much whiter then the one before it, which cleaned much w...) is in the end as good as others.

People will need to use their brains.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:01:12 PM

I agree.
We are all adults and we all know that the washing powder in the TV add that is supposedly much better then the one of the competitor and cleans much whiter then the one before it (which cleaned much whiter then the one before it, which cleaned much w...) is in the end as good as others.

People will need to use their brains.

Maybe not everyone here is an adult, but there's a lot of gullible childlike newbs about as well.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 04:07:52 PM

We are looking at 12more days of makeBTC adds on Bitcointalk, that should bring around 1BTC/day of deposit so 12BTC deposit, the deposits don't seem to slow down!
When the adds stop and if the owner doesn't change the rules to incite people to deposit, the deposits should drastically slow down

By the way, only 24h left for the 150% promotion on Ponzi120 :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463433.80

Payments have always been made by the website, Laska_Forum is a full member so he may kind of care about his reputation, 50% of instant profit is pretty sweet when you catch it  Smiley

Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

Or the reason was, that i'm don't answering at forums? Please sorry that i'm spending my time improving my project, that will make btc to all of us, instead of chatting with you.

You raised your fee on withdrawals from 1% to 5%.

Where are you from? You have a strange use of English vocabulary. You use level in two ways and one way seems to be synonymous with bank.

I read your explanation of how your so-called "passive income" scheme works and I do not understand it. From what I've read here it seems that when I withdraw funds it's by selling half of those funds to some passive investor at fifty cents on the dollar.

What does the "L" mean in this line: "50% bonus from xlincn (0.12 L)" Huh

ghghghfgh
Cryotech

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:12:24 PM

Or the reason was, that i'm don't answering at forums? Please sorry that i'm spending my time improving my project, that will make btc to all of us, instead of chatting with you.

You raised your fee on withdrawals from 1% to 5%.

Where are you from? You have a strange use of English vocabulary. You use level in two ways and one way seems to be synonymous with bank.

I read your explanation of how your so-called "passive income" scheme works and I do not understand it. From what I've read here it seems that when I withdraw funds it's by selling half of those funds to some passive investor at fifty cents on the dollar.

It took me a little while to understand exactly how it works too.

Basically any deposit you make is locked into the bank and you cannot withdraw it.

Every time the bank is full, you receive BTC based on your level (see "Next Income" in your profile to see how much you will receive). You level is equal to the amount you deposited + any bonus you got from level sellers.

This money is automatically re-invested in your account by default, unless you specifically ask to withdraw it in advance (i.e. before the bank is full) in the "Cabinet" tab.

Now the admin added a new option to cash out BTC if you need it immediately, by selling your level. When you sell your level, you will receive at most 50% of its value when someone buys it (i.e. when someone makes a deposit). The other 50% goes to the buyer, in form of a 50% increase in his level.

Not sure if that's clear so here is a simple example:

I make a 1 BTC deposit, my level is now 1.
Next bank increase I get 0.1 BTC back which I choose to withdraw. My level is still 1.
I need BTC so I decide to sell 1 level at 50% (max rate). Next person who deposit will get a 50% bonus on their deposit in form of level, and I will get 50% BTC for 1 level = 0.5 BTC.

Now if someone was selling their level at 50% rate when I deposited the 1 BTC, my level would have started at 1.5.

Hope that helps

[EDIT]
To answer your questions:
From what I've read here it seems that when I withdraw funds it's by selling half of those funds to some passive investor at fifty cents on the dollar.
That's correct, I guess it's to prevent people from withdrawing their funds too often.

L means level. That means the next person who deposit will have a 50% bonus up to 0.12 Levels. For ex if you deposit 0.12 BTC, you'll get 0.12+0.06=0.18 levels instead. If you deposit 0.15 BTC, you'll get 0.12+0.06(bonus)+0.03(the rest of your deposit with no bonus, unless someone else is selling levels)=0.21
pixelized

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:40:05 PM

ok i just received another payment Smiley
Also I just received payment from http://btcontracts.org it came like half an hour after it showed as paid out so I think the payment sent manual.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:53:57 PM

Also I just received payment from http://btcontracts.org it came like half an hour after it showed as paid out so I think the payment sent manual.

I have never heard of this website, how come there is no thread of Bitcointalk and it is never heard of but exists since February 1?

pixelized

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:27:37 AM

I have never heard of this website, how come there is no thread of Bitcointalk and it is never heard of but exists since February 1?

First I hear of it was in a chatroom a few days ago, I googled it but I can't find any reviews so I deposit enough to get payout, to see if it would payout and it did. I did not want to recommend myself here until I get paid because I would feel bad if others deposit but get no payout so I tested first.
MakeBTC

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:06:39 PM

One more clone which will die soon =)
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:08:10 AM

Hey MakeBTC,

I just deposited .02 to see what happens.  When I put that in the calculator it spits out

My stats will be:
Level: 0.032
Income: (0.003 + 0.001 bonus) BTC
Withdrew: 0.002 BTC
Deposited: (0.02 + 0.01 bonus) BTC
Next bank income: 0.003 BTC

Yet when I try to set my withdraw to .002 it tells me the min withdraw is .01.  So now my money is completely stuck till lvl 25 or something.
Is there a way to set my withdraw to .002 or is your calc giving false information?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:14:53 PM

bank 17 coming on nicely : 6.13 to go, there has been a lot of new players; I hope some are going to join http://btcontracts.org/ as well : this one is only at bank 5!

ponjava

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:24:15 PM

guys i sell acc makebitcoin.org
https://i.imgur.com/9ZZUGvl.png
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6771/h25i.png
supersajin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

Looking forward to my 2nd bank.  So far so good!!

pixelized

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Looking forward to my 2nd bank.  So far so good!!
I look forward as well Smiley I have had many successful payments so far from makebtc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: