Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:31:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the hotest alt coin now?  (Read 16016 times)
Noob_one

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:19:36 PM

Right now it is Dogecoin...

Can you tell me a single new innovation of Dogecoin? I guess you can't

The whole minable amount. That's what make sense for a currency.

Thanks for your reply but I would call the number of total mineable coins a specification item because it is just changing a number in the Litecoin source code.
A real innovation is something like a new feature in my point of view.
The solution for the problem you mentioned would be switching to a lower dimension Altcoin -> milli-altcoin -> µ-altcoin. Then it would be easier to handle for most people (right many 0.00000xxx are difficult to handle).
Zonata

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:25:54 PM

All launched coins follow the same pattern, constant drop after the initial launch. DOGE as recovered from its low, so it is well positioned to stay alive for a time (I wasn't a believer until this weekend). Moreover, a very healthy number of people are mining DOGE. On contrary to most other alt, the hashrate is rising. I will keep 25% of the Doge I mine from now on in case.
munchmunch

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

MOON coin was very bullish today. It saw it go up to 0.00000060 LTC overnight from 0.00000012 and it possibly went higher
5od0miz3r

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:42:04 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 05:57:01 PM by 5od0miz3r

In my opinion, alt coins will not perform well bitcoin long term.  Bitcoin is first coin and winner coin.  Other coins popular for, what they say in Uzbekistan "pump and dump."

But, being said that, the best alt coin if you MUST is DOGE.  Reasonings:

- It has very strong Reddit following (more than LiteCoin): http://www.reddit.com/r/Dogecoin
- The mascot is cute
- Good to support because it not serious and makes other alt coins seem not serious.  
- It is clearly going to moon:

https://i.imgur.com/XpeZZQq.jpg

So, in clucsion, bitcoin is best and DOGE is second best coin.  Other coins not so good I say.
ow48uh

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:43:00 PM

NXT is hottest for sure!

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

See the old newbie restrictions thread or the whitelist request thread.

Can someone explain this?
5od0miz3r

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:19:14 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 10:06:08 PM by 5od0miz3r

+++++++++++++++
Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

See the old newbie restrictions thread or the whitelist request thread.

Can someone explain this?
+++++++++++++++

I wonder that too.  I thinka mean program in forum to make harder for what they call troll or sokc poppet so you have to do some work and post more sentences.  Ummm I wonder if program smart and see that you just copy text so would be what they say ironic if you get our of Newbie jail with that post.

kadz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

In my opinion, alt coins will not perform well bitcoin long term.  Bitcoin is first coin and winner coin.  Other coins popular for, what they say in Uzbekistan "pump and dump."

- It has very strong Reddit following (more than LiteCoin): http://www.reddit.com/r/Dogecoin
- The mascot is cute
- Good to support because it not serious and makes other alt coins seem not serious.  
- It is clearly going to moon

So, in clucsion, bitcoin is best and DOGE is second best coin.  Other coins not so good I say.

I agree with you  Grin

jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

hands down DOGE DOGE DOGE
and particle FTSW
Cablekevin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:18:11 PM

Coinye for sure!
Happy_idiot

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:22:06 PM

+1 for NXT

It is the underdog at the moment and same time has biggest potential for the future. Other coins already try to imitade or even copy NXT's source-code. Latter is the accolade for NXT itself Smiley
I have no doubt that NXT will success and maybe we cannot imagine how much it will be in near future...
aimnano

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:24:46 PM

doge!  mine @ chunky!

pool.chunky.ms/doge
pvincome

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:33:05 PM

I think dogecoin is the most profittable, because it's easy to mine but the price is not too bad (as for other coins)

But of course, BTC will be always more valueble than alternative coins, and I think it's better to mine dogecoin, but to trade the BTC is the best.
nidko

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

doge
Uponnothing

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:56:58 PM

Dogecoin seems to have proved everyone wrong, Mooncoin seems to have come back from the dead. Any coin needs to be on an exchange in order for anyone to be able to judge whether it is worth anything (otherwise you are mining blind and this is OK for a speculative couple of hours, but not practical in the longer term).

Digibyte seems interesting, a good team behind it, a sensible launch and a decent mining rate so far. Needs to make it to a decent exchange and it may go far (providing everyone doesn't just dump their coins).

Worldcoin is nearing a pivotal moment, if Scharmbeck offers decent merchant services so companies can easily accept Worldcoin and have USD entering their accounts automatically through it, this could place Worldcoin at the front of the pack. However, being Worldcoin it then needs to quickly get other currencies on board so that UK businesses can get GBP etc.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:27:41 PM

- The mascot is cute

I completely agree, recently doge rose from 0.2$ per 1k doge to 0.7$ per 1k doge, you can't say it isn't profitable Smiley

cagiv1984

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:47:26 PM

Check out icoin. It's gonna get hot! PM me if you want to buy any.
Najs1

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

- The mascot is cute

I completely agree, recently doge rose from 0.2$ per 1k doge to 0.7$ per 1k doge, you can't say it isn't profitable Smiley

The question is if Bitcoin is able to keep up with the second generation coins (like NXT).
autumnyellow

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:08:17 PM

Nxt has a weird interface, to become more popular it will have to become more user friendly.
5od0miz3r

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

- The mascot is cute

The question is if Bitcoin is able to keep up with the second generation coins

In Uzbekistan they do not care second, third, next generation coin.  The call how they say pump and dump.

Only first generation (BTC) and doge generation (DOGE) are care. 
landcrab

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:17:12 PM

Vertcoin has some interesting features that indicate it might have a future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: