Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad News for Dogecoin  (Read 2960 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:47:12 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 03:57:16 AM by Pangia

The DogeRoad black market site is up and whilst many may cheer, as a Doge lover I think that it's a bad thing for Dogecoin.  BTC got a nasty reputation as a result of SilkRoad and the same shouldn't happen to Dogecoin. There are tons of coins that can be used for the black market stuff, heck, there are some coins that aren't used for anything right now, just a bunch of guys hoarding them and hoping that their coin makes a breakthrough and they increase.  Dogecoin is 5 weeks old and it has done a fabulous job of garnering the spot light. The Dogecoin sub-Reddit is about to break 30,000 members tonight -- 1 month & 30,000 members!! This new market place is not something that it needs now.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:56:31 AM

So how did that work out for bitcoin

Grin
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:58:11 AM

So how did that work out for bitcoin

I think that Dogecoin can do well on its own without the "bad Doge" image.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:58:46 AM

If you think PR is everything for a coin...  Roll Eyes

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:58:59 AM

The DogeRoad black market site is up and whilst many may cheer, as a Doge lover I think that it's a bad thing for Dogecoin.  BTC got a nasty reputation as a result of SilkRoad and the same shouldn't happen to Dogecoin. There are tons of coins that can be used for the black market stuff, heck, there are some coins that aren't used for anything right now, just a bunch of guys hoarding them and hoping that their coin makes a breakthrough and they increase.  Dogecoin is 5 weeks old and it has done a fabulous job of garnering the spot light. The Dogecoin sub-Reddit is about to break 30,000 members tonight -- 1 month & 30,000 members!! This new market place is not something that it needs now.

good it's developing a negative stigma

hope it crash and burns.

Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:04:41 AM

If you think PR is everything for a coin...  Roll Eyes

What can Litecoin do that Dogecoin can't. Technologically they are identical. Dogecoin is missing the infrastructure that Litecoin has established, but there are plenty of projects in the works to correct that. Remember, Dogecoin is just a little over 1 month old. But PR, LoL, Dogecoin has lots and lots of that and yeah, I think that PR will do wonders for Dogecoin. It currently has more PR in 5 weeks than Litecoin has been able to gather in its entire existence.

As I type this I'm disappointed to see that the current mining diff is approaching 600. Less coins for me now. Guess there are miners jumping ship elsewhere and coming over to Doge.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:48:17 AM

I don't like too and I was against it the first thread here about the Dogeroad, I'm also against buying illegal things, even their logo is a twisted version of the cute Doge, that being said you can't really control what people buy with their money.

Agreed Nekomata. There's a jump in the price as well as the mining diff of Dogecoin tonight, I'm wondering if the opening of this market had anything to do with it.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:51:09 AM

To me a Dogemarket doesn't make much sense. Until it is worth more there is going to be MILLIONs exchanged. I mined for like 2 hrs and had 2k
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:53:27 AM

To me a Dogemarket doesn't make much sense. Until it is worth more there is going to be MILLIONs exchanged. I mined for like 2 hrs and had 2k

In the first 5 weeks when Bitcoin came out, how many coins did a miner get for 2 hours of work and how much are those coins worth today?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:55:09 AM

Nine out of ten US bank notes test positive for cocaine, and you're worried about a single website selling weed?

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:13:20 AM

Nine out of ten US bank notes test positive for cocaine, and you're worried about a single website selling weed?

Actually, it might statistically be more than that and it's not just the US. In London England, 99% of notes tested positive for cocaine. I'm not worried about one site, I just didn't want Doge to go down that dirty alley. But crypto is freedom and folks will do what they want.

On a side note, Dogecoin just surpassed Primecoin in market cap.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:26:50 AM

what are you talking about dude 1 small site will not change how people look at dogecoin... it will just give it more use WHICH IS WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:29:38 AM

In the first 5 weeks when Bitcoin came out, how many coins did a miner get for 2 hours of work and how much are those coins worth today?
or that guy who paid for a pizza delivery with 10,000 bitcoins?   i regret nothing

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:41:50 AM

what are you talking about dude 1 small site will not change how people look at dogecoin... it will just give it more use WHICH IS WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW.

I know, I know. I just didn't want our Doge going down that path.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:42:25 AM

or that guy who paid for a pizza delivery with 10,000 bitcoins?   i regret nothing

Exactly!!!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

Exactly!!!

and how many millions of crap coins have been mined that 6 months later the networks are dead.  btc coin was the first.  but remember chinacoin.  that is where dogecoin is going.  Its in the spotlight now but wait 6 months after the pump and dump is over.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:09:35 AM

Exactly!!!

and how many millions of crap coins have been mined that 6 months later the networks are dead.  btc coin was the first.  but remember chinacoin.  that is where dogecoin is going.  Its in the spotlight now but wait 6 months after the pump and dump is over.

And you're certain of this because?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:19:08 PM

theirs always bad uses for currency so we have to Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:58:30 PM

Doge has good support and community. Yes there are bad coin and false coins on market and it is used for bad shit.

Some coin will prevail more then others cuz they have community support and that is important.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bazzip

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

People know that there has never been another coin like DOGE before ever (including Bitcoin) and they are mad they missed the boat.  Comparisons to chinacoin or any other coin is retarded. 

DOGE wallet address:  DSyvezAiSdTjQpcTCDarNftZxw3nvSGFrv
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: