Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KOIN thread. NOT a NEW cryptocurrency, just an ALIAS.  (Read 11635 times)
weenfan (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 07:14:22 PM

KOIN is simply the idea of some people wanting to refer to it as such. It's not a different coin. It's just the idea that some people might see benefit in calling it something else.
mathew564

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:24:55 AM by mathew564

I think the KOIN logo above looks better than the fake fish sticks logo. You can add the total coins present in original to the KOIN description.
zerodrama

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:57:38 PM

#coinyecoin-otc and #coinyecoin = instaban

what gives?

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

WTS 7,54 millions with some free gift for just 1 XBT. PM me, can send first for reputable traders
weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:24:51 AM

#coinyecoin-otc and #coinyecoin = instaban

what gives?

hang in #Officine-Koin Smiley
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:16:56 AM

I like the new look! community should drop the coynecoin then maybe craptsy might list this one.
ozzymax

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:29:22 AM

Where can I get the new wallet with the Koin? I downloaded from the link here and it's the same as the old Gayfish Coyne one
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

Is this same as COYE or not? I am confused))

Only 'difference' is the name Smiley
Why in the hell would you do that?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
xocel

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:43:55 AM

The rebranding is due to the repeated cease and desist letters received by developers and services involved in 'coinye' due to its name. A number of people from the community (myself included) came to the conclusion that a re-branding was the best solution (when this was happening the coinye devs were abandoning coinye). This way everyone gets to keep the coins they accumulated, and services can operate with the new name, allowing them to adopt the coin without potential legal consequences or harassment from kanyes attorneys.

Those that wish to continue calling it coinye are more than welcome to do so. No ones stopping anyone from using the coinye wallet. Exchanges can start listing koi/btc (without getting cease and desists), users running the coinye wallet can still deposit coins into their exchanges koi address.  Same blockchain, same addresses, everything is compatible. Koin does not intend to replace coinye, but to allow it a means to be widely adopted.

It's very unlikely you will see coye listed on any major exchanges anytime soon, if ever. Koi on the otherhand, more likely as it doesnt come with the risk of legal action.

This decision was not made by one person, but a group of active community members (this all took place on IRC).

Long story short: Open Source: 1, Bureaucratic BS: 0

weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:35:56 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 04:49:39 PM by weenfan
Merited by realdantreccia (6)

Official windows wallet: https://twitter.com/koincrypto/status/424942143774261248

Easywinbuilder stage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b71yesiz59pc2dm/koin-ewb.zip
mark1983

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:17:45 PM

The rebranding is due to the repeated cease and desist letters received by developers and services involved in 'coinye' due to its name. A number of people from the community (myself included) came to the conclusion that a re-branding was the best solution (when this was happening the coinye devs were abandoning coinye). This way everyone gets to keep the coins they accumulated, and services can operate with the new name, allowing them to adopt the coin without potential legal consequences or harassment from kanyes attorneys.

Those that wish to continue calling it coinye are more than welcome to do so. No ones stopping anyone from using the coinye wallet. Exchanges can start listing koi/btc (without getting cease and desists), users running the coinye wallet can still deposit coins into their exchanges koi address.  Same blockchain, same addresses, everything is compatible. Koin does not intend to replace coinye, but to allow it a means to be widely adopted.

It's very unlikely you will see coye listed on any major exchanges anytime soon, if ever. Koi on the otherhand, more likely as it doesnt come with the risk of legal action.

This decision was not made by one person, but a group of active community members (this all took place on IRC).

Seem like a good decision to me, cant see a problem.
The Project

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:10:22 PM

Seem like a good decision to me, cant see a problem.

Agreed, lets get this on an exchange! Please?
DonKrypto

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:11:49 PM

THE ONLY POINT OF COINYE WEST : WAS TO SHOW THE WORLD THE POWER OF CRYPTO COMMUNITY.

SCREW KANYE, SCREW YOUR REBRAND.
weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:51:34 AM

THE ONLY POINT OF COINYE WEST : WAS TO SHOW THE WORLD THE POWER OF CRYPTO COMMUNITY.

People are still at it man. This rebrand isn't all there is. We haven't given up.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 01:43:38 AM

People are still at it man. This rebrand isn't all there is. We haven't given up.
Who agreed with you to do this?
None, lol

There will be exchanges with COYE shortcut, not KOIN.

So, you're wasting your time.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:09:22 AM

Who agreed with you to do this?
None, lol

There will be exchanges with COYE shortcut, not KOIN.

So, you're wasting your time.

Edited the name of this thread to reflect what the intentions were..
JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:13:55 AM

First to send 0.02 BTC gets 1.6+ million C-Koin.

1FtZ3ng1SF3CoSgs9iUD2r8sns8GX1h7Gp

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 09:34:14 AM

What is C-Koin?
weenfan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 09:39:41 AM

Topic reply test..
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:53:01 PM

Already pm'd you, but no way I'm going first, as you have no feedback.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: