Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zimbabwe bank sued for banning crypto  (Read 111 times)
Johnboaze (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:42:33 AM

The reserved bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has been sued by cryptocurrency exchange in African country following the RBZ’s recent order to all registered financial institutions to stop all forms of cryptocurrency trading. The central bank also instructed cryptocurrency exchanges to shut down their operations. The largest cryptocurrency exchange in Zimbabwe; Golix, submitted a High Court challenge stating that the RBZ does not have any authority to declare cryptocurrencies illegal
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:43:25 AM

Any links? Also these Africa countries would be better of as their money is useless

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
archeafae

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:45:40 AM

They just want to have some piece of the action (er profits). The exchange should have given them some then they can just be in mutual favors. The exchange will need the bank anyway.
cryptoman512

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:46:43 AM

The reserved bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has been sued by cryptocurrency exchange in African country following the RBZ’s recent order to all registered financial institutions to stop all forms of cryptocurrency trading. The central bank also instructed cryptocurrency exchanges to shut down their operations. The largest cryptocurrency exchange in Zimbabwe; Golix, submitted a High Court challenge stating that the RBZ does not have any authority to declare cryptocurrencies illegal

Oh my, Zimbabwe has always financial, monetary and banking problem. Last time I heard from this country you need to buy a loaf of bread for a million zimbabwe dollars then they remove the power of their native currency as legal tender due to hyper inflation. Do you have any news link that I could read? I am interested to know more what's going on.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:53:15 AM

First India now Africa. More and more there seems to be a pattern all over the world, of desultory interim measures sent out as feelers or buying time by regulatory authorities, and wary but firm resistance by crypto investors.
sirengutou

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:24:39 AM

What party is the ruling party in Zimbabwe? I think their national leaders may have problems. The password currency is actually more suitable for countries with relatively backward economies. This is their chance to rise. They did not consider their own citizens, so I guess this is a very dictatorial country.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:30:36 AM

Zimbabwe is the country where the inflation has gone crazy high in the lasy years. They used to need bags of money of their local currency when they wanted to go shopping because of this high inflation. So this is the country that i least expected to ban the use of crypto, because they really need an alternative to their currency.

etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

The Central Bank of any country determined what is legal and what is illegal based on the overall interest of the country. If they said it's illegal in their country the cryptocurrency exchange should move to other countries where it's either legal or nothing has been said about crypto currency legality.  Am sure few years from now the Zimbabwean government will be begging for crypto currency exchanges to come to their country.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:54:31 AM

Zimbabwe is a country that has been trying to fight massive inflation for years and if you look at it then cryptocurrencies would actually be a good way for them to combat this problem so the cryptocurrency ban does not even make sense seeing as it is doing more good than harm. I am rooting for the cryptocurrency exchange to win this lawsuit, people should have the right to trade in cryptos.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:05:20 PM

The central bank of a country rarely acts contrary to the criteria of the government of that country. Therefore, even if the court rules in favor of the exchange, the government will surely draw up a law in which it will back the decision made by the central bank. The exchanges can only do two things, move out or wait for better times.
npfyieke

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:07:28 PM

I heard that people like bitcoin very much in Zimbabwe because the Fiat of this country has collapsed. I think this is the reason why the government has banned it, because people no longer believe in the government of this country.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: