Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (WTS) 2013 Silver-w/-Gold 1BTC Casascius coins - Toronto, Ontario - 2.30BTC  (Read 5116 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 08:12:51 AM

2.1 pretty good offer... Not seen these actually sell for more than 2.  I keep seeing everyone ask more and lower the prices over and over....

There are only 700 of these coins, making it [one of] the rarer casascius 1BTC coins. I am quite happy holding them for as long as it takes to sell them at my price-point, which is competitive with others on these forums and perhaps the cheapest option for Canada

To be completely fair, Mike also mentioned that all additional silver coins will be produced on this silver and gold style, which will make the coin increasingly less rare as production continues.

There will only be 700 gold B coins compare to 1300 all silver coins. No more will ever be created by Mike. Heck, he doesn't even make ANY coins at all at the moment !

That's not true. Mike is still making coins by invitation only, he's going to those people who have bought from him in the past to solicit new orders. It's all on his blog --> http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/orders-now-accepted-by-invitation-only/ . Scroll down to the question "What does this mean for silver coins? I expect that I will sell the silver coins, when available, only in mint tubes of 20."

An informed consumer keeps the market efficient.

your article is more than 1 year, 2 months old. have you seen any 2013 coins that are higher than '1Ag6', let alone a 2014 Casascius?

Mike stopped producing coins. find me a 2014 Casascius and I will eat my words.

ps: my price is firm - Im not selling single coins for lowballing prices. i may be willing to bundle 2-3 coins together for a SMALL discount, but nowhere near the 2.1BTC offer

Klondike, I did more reading on this forum about Mike's intentions. I found some posts directly from him that do back up your claims that he's not making this variety of coins currently or potentially going forward. These comments are dated more recently than the wordpress blog post I referenced earlier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:52:45 AM

Here's some proof that Mike's been producing the gold B coins in 2014, I only counted 11 though.

http://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=1AgGhDAgEpbkgnCaDGH7tTJagktY9hVxrm

I just want to make sure that when people say "these will never be made again" that they're held accountable. Crypto-currency was created to (among many things) provide equality - if some of us are misleading the buying public then some of us need to make sure we do some fact checking. An efficient market helps us all.

justbtcme

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:47:31 AM

Here's some proof that Mike's been producing the gold B coins in 2014, I only counted 11 though.

I just want to make sure that when people say "these will never be made again" that they're held accountable. Crypto-currency was created to (among many things) provide equality - if some of us are misleading the buying public then some of us need to make sure we do some fact checking. An efficient market helps us all.

There are also casascius 2011 error coins funded in 2012. Some 25 BTC casascius coins have the 2011 date stamped but were funded in 2012, 2013....you get the picture   Roll Eyes

If you can show me a coin with the 2014 date stamped on it I will be pleasantly surprise.....
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:00:47 PM

There are also casascius 2011 error coins funded in 2012. Some 25 BTC casascius coins have the 2011 date stamped but were funded in 2012, 2013....you get the picture   Roll Eyes

If you can show me a coin with the 2014 date stamped on it I will be pleasantly surprise.....

It must be this - however, I am actually surprised there were any funded that late - I thought he deceided to step back really shortly after the fincen stuff

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
justbtcme

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:42:55 PM

It must be this - however, I am actually surprised there were any funded that late - I thought he deceided to step back really shortly after the fincen stuff

It could be that he sold unfunded coins and the buyer funded the coins after getting it.
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:55:42 AM

It could be that he sold unfunded coins and the buyer funded the coins after getting it.
no way - Mike said that would not happen due to security concerns, because if it did it would destroy the illusion of security for ALL casascius coins

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:41:36 AM

I bought one of these from Klondike a couple of weeks ago. I took a risk and didn't escrow. Coin arrived safe and sound within three days of payment. Great communications. Totally trustworthy seller.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
justbtcme

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:06:25 AM

I bought one of these from Klondike a couple of weeks ago. I took a risk and didn't escrow. Coin arrived safe and sound within three days of payment. Great communications. Totally trustworthy seller.

+1 for another successful sale of these beautiful coins. Personally I like these over the all silver coins.

The rarity of 700 of the gold B coins compare to the 1300 for the all silver ones, let alone the extra effort Mike Cladwell had to go through to add the gold plating to it, is well deserving of Klondike's firm grip on the price of these coins.

I also have a few of these coins just in case someone wants a local seller in the USA.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:55:24 PM

Potentially interested in one of these, but the lasering of the hologram edges looks really uneven. Do you have any with an even melt ring? Pics would be appreciated as well Smiley

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
klondike_bar (OP)
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:49:30 AM

Potentially interested in one of these, but the lasering of the hologram edges looks really uneven. Do you have any with an even melt ring? Pics would be appreciated as well Smiley

I have a bit of variety - I know exactly what detail you are talking about Smiley As can be expected some coins have a better-centered hologram than others with the precision of the lasering.

It may be a few days before pictures, but I definitely have a few with slightly more even holograms. Might be looking just a smidge higher for prices on them though since I expect they could grade that extra MS-01 higher in a few examples.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: