Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:34:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MTR] Metro – Decentralized exchange [AIRDROP] [POW/POS][GPU Mining]  (Read 21209 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jom58

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:52:32 PM

It looks very good.We look forward this project
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
- Scorp -

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:13:15 PM

Reserved
ghald

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:29:40 PM

Vietnamese reserved!
metro.software (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:59:59 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 10:03:01 AM by metro.software

what are the prospects of adding coins with more exotic consensus to your exchange, like hmm... byteball?
How the peg to NXT will work?
For starters we concentrate on POW consensus blockchains, because it's simple to verify them from outside. Every Metro forger can verify work in a POW block from outside, without having the complete data. So just one honest forger is enough for Consensus to establish the truth.
POS systems where depth of chain reorg is limited, like in NXT theoretically also can be added but because the POS attack is worth nothing, bigger percent of stake holders should be checking and verifying POS data supply.
Concerning NXT it is not completely clear whether it will be possible to write a transfer smart contract.
As for Byteball, as we understand it has a primary chain (with side branches merging sooner or later) so data supply can be organized, but we do not know about depth of reorg limit in Byteball DAG.
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:26:24 PM

Vietnamese reserved!
language list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4211306.msg38481930#msg38481930
No promotion giveaway for Vietnamese. Sorry.
brjameng

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

This is a good luck for me, the site says that  in order to be eligible for the airdrop, we should have an NXT tokens, and fortuitously i have some in my wallet.
I consider it really lucky for me to hold on those tokens.

metro.software (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:23:18 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 10:15:46 AM by metro.software

There were questions:
1. What is your token for?
2. Is it a security token, or utility?
3. Will it be traded only on the domestic exchange, or on the external one, too?
4. Exchanges trading NXT will be able to receive, send this token?
1-2. The amount of tokens is the size of stake. (a) Stake gives the right to manage the decentralized corporation. For example stake holder will decide by their votes what crypto would be listed or delisted on the DEX. (b) Stake size determines number of trading order set or cancel without transaction fee. (c) Block producing and in particular data supplying is important and rewarded work. A right to issue POS blocks also is proportional to the forger's stake. (a) and (b) - is utility. We prefer to think that (c) is too, but it's not so obvious.
3. Our wallet API extends NXT one. So it will be quite easy to add our token to any exchange that trade NXT.
4. Exchanges are NXT holders (they keep client's NXT in cold and hot wallets), so they receive airdrop the same way as other holders. Community should ask them, what will they do with Metro tokens they receive.
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

I am interested in your total supply and the funds allocated for airdrop
I think many will be interested in your airdrop campaign
Total supply: 1,000,000,000
Airdrop: 100,000,000 (10%)
byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:51:46 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 11:25:28 AM by byteball

what are the prospects of adding coins with more exotic consensus to your exchange, like hmm... byteball?
How the peg to NXT will work?
<snip...>
POS systems where depth of chain reorg is limited, like in NXT theoretically also can be added but because the POS attack is worth nothing, bigger percent of stake holders should be checking and verifying POS data supply.
Concerning NXT it is not completely clear whether it will be possible to write a transfer smart contract.
As for Byteball, as we understand it has a primary chain (with side branches merging sooner or later) so data supply can be organized, but we do not know about depth of reorg limit in Byteball DAG.
Byteball has smart contracts so all you probably need is Metrodex Blockchain oracle, plus a chatbot (this is one of Byteball's brilliant features). That is kind of centralized, but if it lies, it lies only once (watched by everybody). You can also require some Metro coins deposit from candidates to run such oracle.
NXT seems so feature-rich so it's indeed hard to tell without deep research.
P.S. I am not associated with Byteball, just cyber-squatting this user handle :=)

Ceterum censeo Civitatem Profunda esse delendam
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:45:23 AM

Hi everybody! Just to remind - the snapshot is planned approximately on June 22nd. Snapshot block number is 1894000. Don't forget to buy NXT if you want to participate in the airdrop! The mainnet will be launched after the snapshot.
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:50:45 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 05:02:09 PM by metro.software

Our announcement was posted on nxter.org
https://www.nxter.org/nxter-news-may-2018-iv/#Metrodex
Nathanzaltowski

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:48:44 PM

If I buy nxt on bittrex and leave them there for the snapshot, will I still receive metro like I did with ignis. I guess what I’m trying to say is will any exchanges like bittrex support the snapshot like they have with Ardor and ignis?
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:50:55 PM

If I buy nxt on bittrex and leave them there for the snapshot, will I still receive metro like I did with ignis. I guess what I’m trying to say is will any exchanges like bittrex support the snapshot like they have with Ardor and ignis?
We do not have any agreements with exchanges. We do not know how they will manage coins they receve. I think you may ask them.
enfarktus

Activity: 980
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:35:33 PM

Reserved for Turkish.
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

If you're interested in getting free MTR: we have a reward program for finding bugs. And we've already given 1000 MTR for finding a broken link on our website.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:01:37 PM

information INSTALL THE NXT CLIENT  Installation is straightforward for Windows 64-bit and Mac systems: a code signed installer guarantees security and stability. For older Win 32 systems and other OS’es, the Linux install package can be used. See nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/ for more information.  Wink

metro.software (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:37:23 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 11:29:41 AM by metro.software

Current rewards:
ginzbitcoin@twitter - 1,000 MTR bug hunting bounty (broken link)
enfarktus - 1,000 MTR translation bounty (Turkish)
enfarktus

Activity: 980
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:37:49 PM

Current rewards:

Thank you. I sent a PM.
metro.software (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:50:48 AM

We're happy to announce that our code has been released on GitHub! https://github.com/metrosoftware
We also have a reward program for finding bugs in our code. You'll get 1,000, 5,000 or 15,000 MTR for each bug depending on its severity.
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:43:16 AM

Metro - decentralized exchange

Connect with us
Site: http://metrodex.org/
Whitepaper: http://metrodex.org/whitepaper.pdf
Twitter: https://twitter.com/metro_software
Discord: https://discord.gg/Unm5pdY

Introduction
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that followed Bitcoin solved third party problem for payments. They allow any two willing parties to transact directly with each other without the need for a trusted third party. The solution turned out to be so remarkable that it gave birth to a new economy entity - decentralized corporations. Each cryptocurrency is a measure of value of its decentralized corporation.
And now we have new third party problem. We do not have a convenient way to move a value from one decentralized corporation to another without the involvement of a third party - centralized cryptocurrency exchanges.
Trustless cross-chain trading known as atomic swap is first step to solve the problem. However it has two disadvantages: first, that it's rather slow; second, that trading can be canceled in the process of execution after the parties came to an agreement.
We need a cross-chain exchange that provides a user experience not inferior to the centralized exchanges.

Project goals
  • Provide public blockchain based on popular NXT technology and codebase, whereas improving the initial token distribution by mining.
  • Make built-in NXT assets (colored coins) exchange functional, by providing trustless deposit/withdrawal from other blockchains.
  • Provide a near real time trading user experience.
  • Give to the community a tool for obtaining income in a variety of coins, Etherum Classic and other.

Short technical summary
Metro is a hybrid between Proof-of-Stake based on NXT (Next) and Proof-of-Work originating in Bitcoin with modified Dark Gravity Wave difficulty formula.
Max circulation supply: 1,000,000,000 MTR
POW blocks:
Algo: keccak256
Frequency: 1 in 10 minutes
Block reward: 2,000 MTR
Block reward halving: each 200,000 blocks (3 years 10 months)
POS blocks:
Algo: Blind shooting (ARDOR, NXT)
Frequency: 1 in 3 seconds
Block reward source: transaction fee, trading fee (will be implemented in stage 4)

Roadmap
JULY 2017 – Concept and Research. (done)
JANUARY 2018 – Development start. (done)
MAY 2018 – White paper, announce (done)
JUNE 2018 – Stage 1: Hybrid POW/POS blockchain implementation. Open source code. (coming soon)
JULY 2018 – Blockchain start. Airdrop.
SEPTEMBER 2018 – Stage 2: Transmitting hubs.
DECEMBER 2018 – Stage 3: Real time trading platform.
MARCH 2019 – Stage 4: Two side peg with Ethereum Classic.

Stages
Stage 1: Hybrid POW/POS blockchain implementation. We need fast blocks to give user near real time trading experience. Proof-of-Stake gives us such ability. Proof-of-work has one advantage over the proof-of-stake — there is no need of additional data to check an eligibility of a block release and determine longest chain from the outside the blockchain. And we need this feature for blockchain pegging. Also Proof-of-Stake give us stake protection from 51 percent attack. So, we need hybrid blockchain.
Stage 2: Transmitting hubs. The larger the size of the peer-to-peer network, the longer it takes to distribute the block over it. The highest speed of block distribution is shown by Delegated POS blockchains. Delegates perform the block producers and block propagation hub roles. Unlike DPOS, we split the block produce function and the block propagation function. Traditionally, the function of block produce is performed by miners and forgers, and transmitting hubs are responsible only for their rapid delivery to all network participants.
Stage 3: Real time trading platform. We plan to provide a user experience not inferior to the centralized exchanges.
Stage 4: Two side peg with Ethereum Classic. Ethereum Classic will be the first cryptocurrency pegged to Metro two sides because it has POW consensus and Turing-complete smart contracts. So the first pair on our exchange will be MTR/ETC.
Further stages: After adoption period we will continue adding other cryptocurrencies.

Airdrop
100,000,000 MTR coins or 10% of the max circulation supply will be distributed to NXT community. For each 10 NXT on your wallet at the moment of the snapshot you'll get 1MTR.
The snapshot is planned approximately on June 22nd. NXT Snapshot block #: 1894000
Other 100,000,000 MTR coins goes to development team.
Airdrop coins will be locked on the blockchain start. Every mined block will unlock 1/200,000 of locked balances. Thus, about 1000 initial distributed MTR will be unlocked every mined block. The whole initial distributed stake will be unlocked when miners receive 400,000,000 MTR.

Rewards:

Promotion giveaway:
Local topics 1,000 MTR:

Chinese - reserved q5503162
Russian - reserved dsg21
German
Spanish
Italiano - reserved kripti
Français
Indonesian - reserved dusko
Portuguese
Philippines
Romanian