Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminal investigation into bitcoin price manipulation?  (Read 138 times)
Jones chen (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:57:54 AM

On May 24, according to bloomberg reports that the United States department of justice has started the currency manipulation about the existence of the traders and other digital currency prices of criminal investigation, which greatly strengthened the censorship of the United States market for encryption.
  Is it real? Will it bring down prices?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:00:48 AM

I am also curious about this question.
Obviously, this is bad news, so the whole market is already in a downward trend, so this news will lead to further market decline.

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:06:23 AM

On May 24, according to bloomberg reports that the United States department of justice has started the currency manipulation about the existence of the traders and other digital currency prices of criminal investigation, which greatly strengthened the censorship of the United States market for encryption.

Panic sellers brings down the price. I mean you should consider how many bough within the bull run and now that they are seeing that they haven't multiplied their money they start to lose hope and just go to sell. Other people because of their fear sell even more and we entered the bear market. Low demand limits the price to go up and thus it is the reason why prices are going down. To be honest will you buy in while market is going down? Most probably you won't and this is exactly how other people think and feel about this.
sevenonetwo

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:09:09 AM

Manipulation can happen, because in 2013 there had been a case of bitcoin price manipulation, the problem was related to Mt Gox.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:38:44 AM

I think the unstable bitcoin price can not be manipulated because we also know if there is bad news about bitcoin bitcoin value will decrease whether bad news is manipulated so that the price becomes unstable
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:42:16 AM

For those of you who want to read the actual article:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-24/bitcoin-manipulation-is-said-to-be-focus-of-u-s-criminal-probe

Before overreacting, I'd like to know how they're going to be doing the probe. Are they, themselves, going to watch exchanges and have access to all the transaction data, or are they going to basically have the exchanges follow some anti-manipulation protocols? I would be fine with the latter, but I imagine the former is going to be a disaster.

If we're only at the price level we are now because of rampant manipulation, I would imagine we're going to be in for quite a crash.

ondabeat

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:32:59 AM

there may be a bitcoin market price manipulation because we do not know whether the person determining the bitcoin market price is a bot, If the bot is also configurable and we do not know what could be the true bitcoin market price because there is no transparency board introduced by the crypto market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: