Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:57:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Nearing 51%!!  (Read 1218 times)
EasyQuest (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:27:52 PM

So I was looking at the bitcoinwisdom difficulty charts and I saw massive increase and decrease in hashrate and block times.

I went onto https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools to see a better chart. What I found is this.

This is what I saw on BitcoinWisdom's chart. (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty)

I know there are solo-miners and unknown pools but this a little ridiculous do you all think?

And I have been watching the unknown.. it is the only one rising and falling really fast.

============================================

Update: Just checking back and not surprisingly the unknown is dropping and rising again.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:49:45 PM

chinese scripts asics in action
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:36:36 PM

unknown is down to 24% again (it is an aggregate of solo miners/non-reporting pools etc)

but it is interesting how vulnerable even litecoin will be to a 51% attack.  this is what will happen to all of the cryptos that we cannot secure with ASICs.

markm was right!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

With all the profit switching pools and protocols, wouldn't it make sense that there would be swings of unaccounted for hashpower as people jump on and off?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:53:33 PM

So I was looking at the bitcoinwisdom difficulty charts and I saw massive increase and decrease in hashrate and block times.

I went onto https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools to see a better chart. What I found is this.

This is what I saw on BitcoinWisdom's chart. (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty)

I know there are solo-miners and unknown pools but this a little ridiculous do you all think?

And I have been watching the unknown.. it is the only one rising and falling really fast.

============================================

Update: Just checking back and not surprisingly the unknown is dropping and rising again.

Isn't Unknown a collective term for all 'unknown' pools and such mining? Doesn't there have to be a cooperation for the 51% to have any significance?

Please enlighten me.

kalnas

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

middlecoin has near 15GH and was switching to litecoin time to time latelly. Could this be a reason ?
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:23:40 PM

middlecoin has near 15GH and was switching to litecoin time to time latelly. Could this be a reason ?
there are coins easier to mine and more profitable than litecoin, so i doubt auto-switching pools would bother with LTC right now.  hashco.ws doesn't even have a payout for LTC.  multipool has been doing wdc and doge. 

Dogecoin has gone insane in the last 48 hours, so pools that auto-switch would have been operating sub-optimally if targeting litecoin for any period of time.   

kalnas

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:34:20 PM

there are coins easier to mine and more profitable than litecoin, so i doubt auto-switching pools would bother with LTC right now.  hashco.ws doesn't even have a payout for LTC.  multipool has been doing wdc and doge. 

Dogecoin has gone insane in the last 48 hours, so pools that auto-switch would have been operating sub-optimally if targeting litecoin for any period of time.   

Isn't this Litecoin ?

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:55:22 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:07:38 AM by kalus

i checked my litecoin farm and the current difficulty is 3931.59.

my dogecoin farm is at 42.1, and my usaeast farm is 44.3.

I don't know what you're mining on eu, but i'm mining something else on usaeast and usawest farms.  since middlecoin doesn't announce what they're mining, you can only make a guess.

hashcows is mining doge right now, and multipool is mining doge right now.  does it make sense right now, middlecoin would be mining less profitable, more difficult litecoin?

coingeek's middlecoin chart shows higher profitability today than is possible with litecoin at its current difficulty.  the value has to come from somewhere, becuase litecoin can't make that much for us today.  

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:01:14 AM

I don't see 1 pool nearing 51% at all , highest is wemineltc at 24%.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
kalnas

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:15:18 AM

i checked my litecoin farm and the current difficulty is 3931.59.

my dogecoin farm is at 42.1, and my usaeast farm is 44.3.

I don't know what you're mining on eu, but i'm mining something else on usaeast and usawest farms.  since middlecoin doesn't announce what they're mining, you can only make a guess.

hashcows is mining doge right now, and multipool is mining doge right now.  does it make sense right now, middlecoin would be mining less profitable, more difficult litecoin?

coingeek's middlecoin chart shows higher profitability today than is possible with litecoin at its current difficulty.  the value has to come from somewhere, becuase litecoin can't make that much for us today.  

3931*65536=257M=Litecoin

Looks like middlecoin is mining bunch of coins at the same time. It seems each WU comes from different network with different diff and by some reason litecoin is in the mix. Maybe to buffer some extra hash power and not kill small coins.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:26:37 AM

Looks like middlecoin is mining bunch of coins at the same time. It seems each WU comes from different network with different diff and by some reason litecoin is in the mix. Maybe to buffer some extra hash power and not kill small coins.
I guess the small coins are worrying over a mythical multi-switching pool monster when they should really be worrying about the fundamentals of their currency.

I'd be interested to know if you're making less on eu than i am on the usa servers if you are indeed mining litecoin.  i know we did mine litecoin on eu for a short time last sunday, but that was before the usa servers were mirrored on the beta servers. 

hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:58:17 AM

Most of them are solo miners, unless they find a way to "group up" nothing would happen..

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:57:13 AM

what sort of hashrate is required to solo mine litecoin for profit?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: