Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex...Just lost $150 without knowing what the fuck was going on!?  (Read 1825 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

WOW

Bitfinex, what a fucking retarded exchange!

I have just lost $150 without even knowing which side of a trade I was on.

I am making trades for certain amounts and in certain directions and it is doing something totally different.

...and then I try to discover what I actually did in my history.....LOL.....what a fucking mess! Is this exchange run by dyslexic conmen?

funds out methinks, before I go 10K long on Bitcoin as a result of clicking the log-out button twice or something.

Fucking shitehole of an exchange!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:26:26 AM

Margin: It's a dangerous thing.

more or less retired.
zenojis

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:48:51 AM

I agree with you 100%. I really wanted to find a way to trade on margin in the altcoin market. Bitfinex seemed like an awesome opportunity, right? but after wasting a few hundredths of some litecoins I decided Bitfinex was too confusing and poorly designed. I'm sorry that you lost $150, I had a similar experience with BTC.sx before they implemented stop-loss & sell-limit
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:45:24 AM

WOW

I am making trades for certain amounts and in certain directions and it is doing something totally different.

...and then I try to discover what I actually did in my history.....LOL.....what a fucking mess! Is this exchange run by dyslexic conmen?

funds out methinks, before I go 10K long on Bitcoin as a result of clicking the log-out button twice or something.

Nothing wrong with the site, you just need to read their faq..

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

Do not use market orders on this exchange. It will skip Bitstamp and go straight to executing on the Bitfinex order book and will execute at strange prices way outside the bid/ask. Always use a limit order.
cfjhvxcxcwbtxx

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:11:01 AM

yes
BITFINEXWILLSTEALYOUR$$$

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:16:05 PM

You got that right. The way their whole system is calculated is completely fucked up. I certainly didn't make nearly as much as I should have on many trades that were supposedly leveraged 2.5:1

DONT TRUST THIS FUCKING EXCHANGE!!

Even placing limit orders this exchange has NO volume so you have to trade 1-2BTC @ a time IF your lucky. Otherwise you have to put in multiple orders at different prices because the price moves on a SMALLEST order! AND ITS DELAYED BY UP TO 30 SECONDS I MIGHT ADD.

To be really honest. I actually don't like BTC.SX but my experience with them has at least been legit and I can say I know where my money is.

So in ending...Fuck this chink ass fraudulent company.

I WONT TRADE WITH YOU FUCKS UNTIL I GET A LEGITIMATE 2.5:1 LEVERAGE ON MY GAINS - JUST LIKE YOU DO TO MY LOSSES!

A couple other things.

1) Cleanup your "platform" if you can call it that. Its a mess.

2) BE MORE TRANSPARENT. YOUR A FUCKING EXCHANGE FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

3) GET A FUCKIN SUPPORT TEAM FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS! AT LEAST BTC-E and the other major exchanges has someone to complain about your fraudulent bullshit too. Not for you though right? Instead I have to post about your company here just like these other unfortunate fellows before me.

Anyhow. For those of you that haven't tried. Deposit some money into bitfinex and place a trade on both sides and come back here and post your findings lol. Lets see how long this can get considering bitfinex is just now getting more attention.
Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

I actually don't like BTC.SX but my experience with them has at least been legit and I can say I know where my money is.

Really? I'd say, that's where fraudlent bullshit is. It's a bunch of thieves ignoring their users. Got my money stolen and I'm not the only one.
Check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524429

rero2

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:25:39 PM

You should never invest huge amounts over sites that you dont know how to use, alyways start with the minimum that they accept and start from there
PigHorseCow

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:58:36 AM

you wont ever be seeing that $150 back.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:05:00 PM

WOW

It is not an exchange, but a professional trading site... Stay away if you don't understand advanced trading.

Kthxbye

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

heh, check out 796 exchange in my signature, they have a clean interface, btc, ltc, and ppc. They're trading around 700-800k btc monthly. Volume for ltc today is 1.6m.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: