Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: good place in US for affordable house by cash and start mining  (Read 223 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:58:50 AM

Sold my bay area condo at a record price, normally i'd keep it but since there are still large premium to be paid over 20 years, i chickened out what happens in next economic downturn. I am going to rent as long as i work in bay area where everything is super expensive and with part of the sale proceeds,

I am thinking to buy something cheaper in other areas for double purpose. Whenever economic downturn hits, I'd retire to that place and since it is fully paid off, no worry about foreclosure. Secondly, I am going to mine in attempt to part of full part of the purchase price recovery.

I used to live in seattle where things are still very expensive although not as expensive as bay area, also Austin, TX where rent and RE is super cheap, however things appears to have gotten already expensive. I am contemplating where would be a decent place to purchase by cash at 100k$ and continue mining inside the place or if possible even down to 50k$. That means it is safe area with no squatters or thieves! Regarding the type of dwelling unit, manuf./mobile homes are ruled out since they do not appreciate. I am open to condo, single family or something similar. Since I am mining and leaving unattended, in order to reduce risk and injury to fire, somewhat secluded, away from city and not in a dense neighborhood.

Any suggestion will be hugely appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kahooli

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:39:06 PM

Cheap Energy
Cool climate
low humidity
low real estate cost.

Hmm. North dakota.

Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:46:02 PM

you should read this. https://blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:59:38 PM

Sold my bay area condo at a record price, normally i'd keep it but since there are still large premium to be paid over 20 years, i chickened out what happens in next economic downturn. I am going to rent as long as i work in bay area where everything is super expensive and with part of the sale proceeds,

I am thinking to buy something cheaper in other areas for double purpose. Whenever economic downturn hits, I'd retire to that place and since it is fully paid off, no worry about foreclosure. Secondly, I am going to mine in attempt to part of full part of the purchase price recovery.

I used to live in seattle where things are still very expensive although not as expensive as bay area, also Austin, TX where rent and RE is super cheap, however things appears to have gotten already expensive. I am contemplating where would be a decent place to purchase by cash at 100k$ and continue mining inside the place or if possible even down to 50k$. That means it is safe area with no squatters or thieves! Regarding the type of dwelling unit, manuf./mobile homes are ruled out since they do not appreciate. I am open to condo, single family or something similar. Since I am mining and leaving unattended, in order to reduce risk and injury to fire, somewhat secluded, away from city and not in a dense neighborhood.

I live in St. Louis and it might work well. Cheap housing, cheap-ish electric
Xestadar

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:34:34 PM

Cheap Energy
Cool climate
low humidity
low real estate cost.

Hmm. North dakota.

How about tax?
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:32:51 PM

YES read it before, it is very interesting, insightful, article, however because the way i am doing the mining now, i am not too concerned.
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:34:09 PM

I live in St. Louis and it might work well. Cheap housing, cheap-ish electric

That looks good, i wish something closer to west coast as i live in bay area, does hurricane a occasional threat? There are lot of cheap towns around AL, FL but those are very hurricane prone area.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

I live in NW PA next to Lake Erie, and we have nice cold winters that are perfect for mining (but lots of lake effect snow... We had a record year anyhow  Smiley), and relatively cheap electrical rates- I get around $0.07/kWh, and it doesn't even usually get too hot during the summer, a nice change from where I previously mined in the South. Housing is also cheap around here last time I checked.
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:42:09 PM

I live in NW PA next to Lake Erie, and we have nice cold winters that are perfect for mining (but lots of lake effect snow... We had a record year anyhow  Smiley), and relatively cheap electrical rates- I get around $0.07/kWh, and it doesn't even usually get too hot during the summer, a nice change from where I previously mined in the South. Housing is also cheap around here last time I checked.

How is crime rate especially home break-in? That is also one big factor as it is mostly going to unoccupied year-round most of the time. Thanks.,
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:43:56 PM

All of the midwest and eastern area suggestion looks really good, the only thing is something messup during unattended mining, have to fly out there.

In west coast in oregon, found some deals like this:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/M13729-98431
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:44:53 PM

i like some cheap ocean or lakefront places and Florida appears to have a very good deals on there the only problem is hurricane.
Obsviously hurricane and mining does not mix very good.
Maine comes to mind.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:54:44 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 12:34:13 AM by DevelopmentBank

Exactly. It's already been said on these forums time again, but i'll repeat it now: starting to mine now may be a really bad decision. I would highly recommend doing the necessary research before pulling the trigger on mining hardware. Specifically, look into the following:

1. Threat of ASICs
2. Threat of new hardware
3. Threat of ETH switch to POS
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:01:53 AM

I've observed that most of the crime in the area happens near the downtown area of Erie (doing a quick search on Google about the crime rate in Erie confirms this), and you specifically stated that you wanted to stay away from the city, so crime shouldn't be too big of an issue, and natural disasters most likely won't be a big issue here. Most of the area around where I am (I live well outside the city) is very safe, and we rarely have many crimes.
DesertMiner

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:57:02 AM

Make sure to check the electricity infrastructure where you're going to rent, brown outs, surges etc. area supply limits if it remote.

The building specific electric hardware and their limits are important too and if the landlord is willing to let you upgrade them too.

And I know it goes without saying, the demand charge part of the bill is very important too. 

Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:18:19 AM

Don't do it. It's too late to start mining.

Imagine mining profits as a pie. If more people eat the pie, there will be less to go around. There are already too many people eating the pie and some people are better at eating the pie (those with very low cost electricity). If you are new and don't know what you are doing you will be probably be out-eaten by professional mining operations.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:58:08 AM

I don't know about real estate costs (although almost anywhere is cheaper then where you are now), but central Washington state is supposed to have the cheapest power costs in the country, down around $0.03 Kw/h if you land in the right spot.
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:26:06 AM

Don't do it. It's too late to start mining.

Imagine mining profits as a pie. If more people eat the pie, there will be less to go around. There are already too many people eating the pie and some people are better at eating the pie (those with very low cost electricity). If you are new and don't know what you are doing you will be probably be out-eaten by professional mining operations.

Yes, that is why i am purchasing as a double purpose. First as a mining place, secondly, in case if mining is busted, then it is still a vacation house or house to retreat if economic downturn hits and I lose job. Since I plan to buy by cash or most of it by downpayment, no foreclosure/underwater threat.

Regarding the pie thing, yes there are more people mining but there are also more forks, or even new coins appears to be being added, so I would not concern too much. Also, although ASIC is good but it is too risky, too expensive and unproven manufacturer. Can not be used other than mining etc.,
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:47:14 AM

MY, there are some decent houces running at 15-20k$. I am not talking about mobile/manuf. home. Crime rate is 22% is better than other cities which is not stellar but not too bad either. I wonder how it can so cheaper housing, there must be some sort of catch here. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: