Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Withdrawal from BTC-E  (Read 1116 times)
vkgandhi84 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:58:59 PM

Hi,

I made PayPal withdrawals from my BTC-E account.
I did two of them.  The first one went through and I see money in my PayPal account with no problem.
But, the second one is showing a strange problem.  It initially went through, I saw money, but then that transaction was reversed by PayPal team.
I reached out the BTC-E support and they were looking into it, but I did not get any precise answer so far.  And they've stopped responding to my support ticket in like last few weeks.

Did any one experience similar issue with BTC-E and/or PayPal so far?
What could be causing this issue?

I am newbie and really trying to understand what's going on?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:04:12 PM

Have you contacted paypal by phone and asked them why it was reversed? They should be able to tell you the reason. I have never had any issues with BTC-E. I am in the USA so I have been using coinbase lately to deposit to my checking directly. If you are in the US I would suggest coinbase.
vkgandhi84 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.  I did contact PayPal by phone.
They provided me vague answer something like this - They were trying to identify/avoid a potential security issue and had to reverse the transaction.  They can not provide me precise/exact reason.  My account is not compromised, but issue is something else.

I think I should mention one more experience that I think might be related to this.
I sold a btc to payhip-exchange.com and they sent me some money to my same PayPal account.  That transaction was also reversed.  They are not responding to my support request either.  The only reason I am giving up on this particular one is because I did not use an escrow service and as I am new to this, I don't know how I get my BTC back now.

I'd really appreciate further guidance on this.

Thanks you so much.
vkgandhi84 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:58:58 PM

Oh.  That makes sense.  Thank you so much.
I wanted to use Bank Transfer, but found out from internet that it takes months now a days.  Heard some news about Bank Transfers not going through from other exchange Mt. Gox .  So, thought to use PayPal as I already had an account with it.  And fee is 7% .

So, do you see any options?  Any way I can prove to PayPal that I am a victim and not the cause of any problems?
How do I reach out to BTC-E now as they are not responding via support ticket?

Thanks again.  Your guidance has been really helpful.
vkgandhi84 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:03:36 AM

Thanks a lot.  I'll try this out first.
I really really appreciate your help.
LikeTurgenev

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:14:04 AM

PayPal is a rip-off they are taking a lot of fees so about 2.7% + some money.. stay away
kendrickperkins

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:22:10 AM

Honestly I would just avoid Paypal at all costs. They've turned into nothing but a nightmare foe ebay users and they need to go down.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:57:05 AM

I never had all problem with paypal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: