Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:37:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make new coin "good"?  (Read 399 times)
leetmodz (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

Ok, like the title says, what features would make a new coin good rather than just another shitcoin?
What features would you like to see in a new coin?

And I'm not looking to make a coin, I am just very curious as to what people are looking/waiting for.

Maluridea

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:54:09 PM

Anything that has an appeal outside the mining/forum community and that makes sense from a business perspective ...

I do not get the "store of value" coins as cryptos do not adhere to basic principles that makes a medium a suitable store of value.
I do not see any longevity for "memecoins" if they target a market that is the miners/user community
I do not see any future for any coin basically that does not have a business model behind it that will support the long term growth of the coin with a stable developer support, exchangeable value tied to the coin and things that promote its circulation.

I want to see ecosystems evolved around it
I want to see it make sense in the current economic system
Also, Id very much not like to see it premined/instamined etc. [insert basic qualifiers here]

My 2 cents!
leetmodz (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:53:56 PM

Anything that has an appeal outside the mining/forum community and that makes sense from a business perspective ...

I do not get the "store of value" coins as cryptos do not adhere to basic principles that makes a medium a suitable store of value.
I do not see any longevity for "memecoins" if they target a market that is the miners/user community
I do not see any future for any coin basically that does not have a business model behind it that will support the long term growth of the coin with a stable developer support, exchangeable value tied to the coin and things that promote its circulation.

I want to see ecosystems evolved around it
I want to see it make sense in the current economic system
Also, Id very much not like to see it premined/instamined etc. [insert basic qualifiers here]

My 2 cents!

Nice post! I couldn't agree more about the business model idea. I like how worldcoin will soon have a usd->wdc exchange. If a coin implemented a system like that from the start, I bet it could really help it to succeed and look more professional.

And of course, there should be a decently sized dev team behind the coin.

Hope to see some more peoples opinions!

Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:17:55 PM

Best thing would be to do something really useful with all this cpu, gpu and asic-power.....this could be a great coin if it comes out ever

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:37:05 PM

a coin that destroyed other coins  Grin
leetmodz (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:24:07 AM