Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone write me this program?  (Read 1629 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:58:07 AM

I am willing to pay 1 bitcoin(max) to someone who writes me a program which will read the blockchain and export ALL the bitcoin wallet addresses ever used in the blockchain to a text file.
When i say every bitcoin address i mean the unique ones I.E no dupes at all.

The program must be able to dump addresses to a new file once the other has reached X size in megabytes.

Anyone up to the task?

Program can be anything, python blah blah, but it must work on windows and source must be provided so i can verify there is no..malicious code in there.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 01:59:40 AM

I am willing to pay 1 bitcoin(max) to someone who writes me a program which will read the blockchain and export ALL the bitcoin wallet addresses ever used in the blockchain to a text file.

The program must be able to dump addresses to a new file once the other has reached X size in megabytes.

Anyone up to the task?

Program can be anything, python blah blah, but it must work on windows and source must be provided so i can verify there is no..malicious code in there.

I'll do it for 10 BTC. Let me know if that's ever in your price range.
shads

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:16:53 AM

Anyone up to the task?

wow $7... I'm tempted...

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:38:44 AM

so i can pretend to verify there is no..malicious code in there.

Fixed that for you.

Raise it to 5 BTC and you might get some serious offers, since this is not a hard program to create at all. $7 isn't even worth opening Notepad.
Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:42:25 AM

I'll do it for 10 BTC. Let me know if that's ever in your price range.

Raise it to 5 BTC and you might get some serious offers, since this is not a hard program to create at all. $7 isn't even worth opening Notepad.

Especially since it can be in some pretty easy languages, hardest part is hooking up the database reading. I agree though, gotta be 5-10 to even get a decent offer on it, 10+ to get a higher quality one thats more efficient in a reasonable time.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 03:37:07 AM

You want addresses, as in "1Gffm7LKXcNFPrtxy6yF4JBoe5rVka4sn1"?  Public keys too?  I can give you (BtcAddr, PubKeyIfItExists).
I already have a script that extracts every Block and Tx hash in the blk0001.dat file, so it shouldn't be too hard to do this.

But I agree, it's worth more than 1 BTC.  I'll do it for 3.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 03:45:32 AM

P.S. -- I forgot to mention that, to extract all the Tx/Block hashes takes about 5 minutes, so I would expect about the same for pulling out the addresses. 

What I have done, though, is to save the blk0001.dat location in a separate file, and then only scan whatever parts of the blockchain have changed since you last ran the script.  It takes 5 minutes on the first run, and runs instantaneously after that.

If this isn't sufficient, let me know so I can stop here.  It's python... so there's not a good way to speed it up.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:41:29 AM

can someone tell me a purpose for this?

i'm sure there must be one, i just can't figure out what it is yet.

mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 06:54:09 AM

can someone tell me a purpose for this?

i'm sure there must be one, i just can't figure out what it is yet.

only thing i can think of is to search for collisions

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Jessica

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 06:54:10 AM

Could be just for the sake of having the list, or for curiousity? Lol.
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 01:47:55 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 02:29:11 PM by etotheipi

I got this working in Python, tested on a blockchain file that was about 1 week old.  The script took 5.8 minutes to run, and output a 53 MB file with 1,510,680 addresses.  I have verified that all addresses in the file are unique.  You can download the list from my Dropbox at this link.

So I am providing the address list for free, but I request a 3 BTC bounty for the script that generated it.  If you want a "smart" script, that only searches the parts of the blockchain that have been added since last time, I'll have to do a little extra work, and ask another 4 BTC for that.  I didn't do it already, because it's extra work, and I suspect that a 6-min runtime is probably, actually okay.

-Eto

EDIT: I just noticed that clicking the link above causes it to load the 1.5 million addresses in the browser.  You need to right-click on the link and select "Save link as..."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: