Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for expert C++ programmers  (Read 1146 times)
maxtoshi (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

For work on a new cryptocurrency, must be very experienced with C++ and familiar with the protocol. Paid in BTC. PM Skype nickname.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

In the meantime ...

http://coingen.io/
maxtoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:50:29 PM

In the meantime ...

http://coingen.io/

You can go ahead and shove your Dogecoins right up your bottomhole, fool.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:10:22 AM

My kind of thread!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:08:42 AM

For work on a new cryptocurrency, must be very experienced with C++ and familiar with the protocol. Paid in BTC. PM Skype nickname.

I'm a very experienced C++ programmer, used to write computer games in it, but not sure what "familiar with the protocol means". Can you make that clearer? thx
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:20:00 AM

I'm a very experienced C++ programmer, used to write computer games in it, but not sure what "familiar with the protocol means". Can you make that clearer? thx

have you ever been to www.mcxnow.com?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:53:17 AM

Nope, why, what is it?
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:55:56 AM

Nope, why, what is it?

Its an exchange built in C++. I was wondering if you knew how much something like the back end would cost. No exchange or anything. Just the ability for members to sign up and deposit different coins in their account.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:04:04 AM

Nope, why, what is it?

Its an exchange built in C++. I was wondering if you knew how much something like the back end would cost. No exchange or anything. Just the ability for members to sign up and deposit different coins in their account.

I can't answer questions like that. Programmers work on design / specs, decide how many hours they think it would take to implement the design, and then multiply that by the hourly rate. Without knowing what is in their back end, its impossible to say. If anyone is serious about employing a real programmer, they stick a proper spec document in front of them .... that is always how it should start.
maxtoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:11:06 AM

Familiar with Bitcoin on a protocol level, means you know and fully understand how Bitcoin WORKS, it's one thing to be able to drive a Mustang, it's a whole other thing to be able to take it apart and put it back together behind your back with your eyes closed.

I am a PHP/C# programmer myself, I lack the C++ skills to be serious about starting a new altcoin, I could easily change the port, number of coins, block reward and compile it to get the next crapcoin but that's not what we're about.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:13:33 AM

Familiar with Bitcoin on a protocol level, means you know and fully understand how Bitcoin WORKS, it's one thing to be able to drive a Mustang, it's a whole other thing to be able to take it apart and put it back together behind your back with your eyes closed.

I am a PHP/C# programmer myself, I lack the C++ skills to be serious about starting a new altcoin, I could easily change the port, number of coins, block reward and compile it to get the next crapcoin but that's not what we're about.

OK, gotcha, "familiar with the protocol" means "fully understand how bitcoin works". I'll have to pass then. I've never programmed a bitcoin-based site, let alone do it with my eyes closed Wink
maxtoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:27:38 PM

I am still looking for programmers, I am looking for experts, visionaries who are on the level with Satoshi.

I have everything planned out, I am simply looking for someone that could translate pseudocode to C++.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:03:01 AM

I am still looking for programmers, I am looking for experts, visionaries who are on the level with Satoshi.

I have everything planned out, I am simply looking for someone that could translate pseudocode to C++.

Setting the bar very high there "visionaries who are on the level with Satoshi" - are you looking for a coder or a visionary???
maxtoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:49:12 AM

Setting the bar very high there "visionaries who are on the level with Satoshi" - are you looking for a coder or a visionary???

I am not looking any longer.

The second line would answer your question, once you acquire the idea you get the itch, you are consumed by the idea and cannot let it go until it is fully formed and functional in your head, I would find myself thinking through pseudocode and different ways of implementing my concepts in 3AM in the morning and wake up after dreaming about code.

I needed someone who can estimate the potential behind the idea and show similar hunger.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:38:56 PM

First it was:

"I am simply looking for someone that could translate pseudocode to C++"

then it turns to:

"I needed someone who can estimate the potential behind the idea and show similar hunger."

Its good you aren't looking at the moment. Sort out the job description first Smiley

maxtoshi (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:21:10 PM

First it was:

then it turns to:

"I needed someone who can estimate the potential behind the idea and show similar hunger."

Its good you aren't looking at the moment. Sort out the job description first Smiley

I fail to see how my statements conflict with each other, writing C++ is a very tiring difficult task, the individual needs to be very motivated in order to be able to push though it.
Doggleboon

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

Well, I'm what you would call an expert C++ programmer, but I'm not familiar with the Bitcoin protocols at low levels.  However, a well-documented protocol can be coded correctly by any competent programmer. 

That being said, it's not clear to me what you're looking for.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:06:38 AM

First it was:

then it turns to:

I fail to see how my statements conflict with each other, writing C++ is a very tiring difficult task, the individual needs to be very motivated in order to be able to push though it.

Translating pseudocode to C++ is not a particularly tiring difficult task .... if you've done the pseudocode, you've done the hard part to be honest. The hard part is having the idea, and developing it sufficiently to a stage where you can pseudocode it. That's called having a spec, something extremely rare on these forums Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: