Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain AntMiner U1 with cgminer and bfgminer  (Read 1564 times)
Vince_ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:03:20 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 01:27:17 AM by Vince_

I bought a USB Bitmain AntMiner U1 a few days ago to mine Bitcoin and, today, I tested it both with cgminer as explained in the instructions from the company and with the latest version of bfgminer (3.10.0) at the stock frequency of 1.6 GH/s.

In the first case, I got up to 5% of HW errors but I don't see them in bfgminer.
The running frequency looks also more stable with bfgminer.

I uninstalled the driver before using bfgminer because cgminer requires the use of Zadig.
I use Windows (8.1) and if it doesn't work, you could also use "USBDeview" to uninstall the driver completely (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). I used USBDeview myself but I suppose my problem was more the Comodo firewall which requires a restart of Windows before really allowing the miner through after adding it in the allowed applications.

I would have to test and compare the number of rejected shares in both cases but it looks like bfgminer works better with the AntMiner U1, maybe due to the fact that it can use the driver as is without modifying it with Zadig.
LikeTurgenev

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:10:57 AM

Thanks
Vince_ (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:35:10 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 03:39:21 PM by Vince_

Looking at the Bitcoin mining difficulty still increasing fast, I'm not sure this device is worth buying from a profitability point of view though, except maybe if one can get it cheap and can overclock it as much as possible by soldering the appropriate resistors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: