Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why the price of token ico cheap when entering the market  (Read 295 times)
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:22:07 AM

Yes, most of the ICO is experiencing it now, its because, when the ICO you invest hit on the exchange, and maybe timing for a bearish price, it has a high probability that the token price will surely go bearish. And also, when an ICO host a huge allocation of bounty funds. When this ICO hit on the market, surely the price will drop, due to many bounty hunters dump their tokens for a smaller price for just a quick buck.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
Achilesban

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:24:03 AM

it happens a lot. when the tokens are sold in the market, the price is cheaper. because most of the bounty hunter directly to sell their coins so that the price becomes cheap. but if we follow a good project then the price of the token in the market will be good too. all that can also be influenced by a luck factor.
LuvdubNation

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:25:27 AM

Sounds like you must be wary of ICOs giving out huge bounty's/discounts.

LuvdubCoin.com ★ The Next Evolution in Online Dating ★ Join the airdrop before the cap is reached!
Bit talk

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:42:23 AM

its depended by project f project is upgraded then coin price is not reducing if project is not then price will down and when bounty coins well sell then also price will come down
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 07:51:16 AM

now, many people are losing to buy ico tokens, when the tokens go to market, the token price is down, do you guys here much experience like this
Under my observation heres the factor i could see.
1. Discount - some ICO offer so much discount. For example, 1 token = 1USD. But in a discounted price. It will be for example, 3 token = 1USD. By this, it losts its value. An investor could actually sell it for 3Token = 1.5USD. Far from its original price of 1USD/Token.

2. Allocated Supplies for Bounty - most of the time, some bounty hunters forget that dumping could drag the tokens value down. And this would cost a lot of money to investors.
3. Distribution - ive seen some projects. Distribution for investors are ahead from the distribution of hunters. Why? Think of the market where sellers, sells their goods for which they also bought compared to not.
4. Exchanges - this means a lot. The Volume. Bigger exchange, bigger volume. With bigger volume and more buyers, could effect how a token would be sold. Think of all the lowest sell orders are bought immediately. This could dictate the following orders to be higher.
That is my opinion
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:55:13 AM

Indeed, many tokens, when they appear on exchanges, have a lower price.
That's because people don't like the token, they just want to speculate.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:59:03 AM

I believe there are some bounty hunters who really do not always care about the future of the project or how much it was as ICO price and are so ready to drop at the slightest chance they get once it is listed on the exchange. I believe investors that bought at ICO price would not actually be selling at loss, so the only real sense we can make out of it of those who are selling are actually those that I have mentioned. Personally, I always look out for it and simply see it most of the time as a promo price anyway.
a_ps

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 08:28:22 AM

now, many people are losing to buy ico tokens, when the tokens go to market, the token price is down, do you guys here much experience like this
There are several possibilities that make the token price down
1. wrong marketing strategy (too much bonus when the initial sale and private sale)
2. give too much gift (giveaway or airdrop excessive)
both of which can make the price fall below the ICO price, as most people will sell the proceeds of the gift or bonus purchase to reduce the loss rate
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 08:35:34 AM

When the tokens come to the market they worth zero money. Even if you've paid a lot for each one token, they worth zero. It depends on the followers and the rest of the investors, how much money they want to spend in order to buy more.
Ourat

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:37:12 AM

I've experienced it, when token tokens tokens are very high early, but when we have got the token suddenly dropped drastically, we can't do anything after that, we just wait and monitor the price of tokens in the market
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:39:39 AM

People will give you same answer, many of them already sell the coin and that's why the price become cheap. That situation is not problem because so many people prepare their fund to buy the coin for speculation. Every situation bring us opportunity to make money we only need to see carefully.

MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:45:26 AM

Big investors and strategic partners grab tokens at huge discounts during presales and then dump them. Even if the ICO gets listed on exchanges at bellow-ICO prices, these presale investors still have room to sell at a profit.
Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:47:51 AM

The FUD are all over and this weak hands are gonna sell. It will fall when there is no good exchanges right after the ICO because low volume. Also when the bounty payment will be release, for sure, there will be some dump that will happen.
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:51:08 AM

Yes, I've experienced this a lot. There are several possibilities that make this happened. First, bounty hunter immediately dumping the tokens after the first listing in exchanges. Not only, bounty participant, but I believe some investor who only wants quick profit also do the same. Second, no update or progress from the team project about the products.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:52:51 AM

This can happen when the overall market trend is downwards, and it can also happen if a project offers big bonuses at ICO - for example if they offer 50% extra tokens for early buyers, then those people can sell at an instant profit once the coin becomes tradeable. I don't really understand why we see such huge bonuses as it can be very counterproductive for a project to do this.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:56:21 AM

I often experience it, every first time the tokens are in the axchanger, the price is always low, it's because a lot of people are directly selling their tokens and only a few people buy these tokens. but slowly the token price will go up, just wait for it will reach the current price of ICO.
compex

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:59:51 AM

i did not face loss in investment in ICO because when i buy token in ico i wait tell when it list in market and then the price are instantly increase after some months then i sell it on biggest profit.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:35:49 AM

Actually, you are not losing money if you are still holding that coin/token you purchased unless you sold them at a lower price or did not even sell them at all. Most ICO that I've seen have lower price when they were listed on exchanges. I have no issue regarding this one because this is a good thing because if the price is more than the ICO price then many investors will just sell immediately, especially those who have weak hands.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:41:28 AM

This is why if the project isn't really interesting and doesn't have a support on the real use of that token then it will be dump for sure.

Calculate the tokens that were given to airdrops, bounty hunters, owners and the rest that will be given to the exchange as listing fee(otherwise it's paid with bitcoin). This is why I don't really invest to ICO's as there's a tendency that it will plummet so quick.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:47:36 PM

Often it happens because of dump created with the bounty hunters, or so. They would just sell all their bounty tokens right away

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: