Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:33:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CoinHunter actually Richard Stallman?  (Read 1499 times)
wolftaur (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:46:30 AM

Someone over in the main board had the theory that RMS might be Satoshi, but that just doesn't make sense. I think RMS is actually CoinHunter, and I have compiled a list of commonalities that support this:

* Sees someone else's work and decides he can do better, so clones it
* Can't make it compatible with the original
* Obviously doesn't like the MIT license
* Security is an afterthought
* Bug fixes take three tries to get right
* Won't shut up about how much better he is than everyone involved in what he cloned
* Adds "features" to clone that cause more problems than they solve (try a 'grep -z foo /dev/zero' on a Linux box belonging to someone you don't like)
* Arrogance infinitum
* Makes long-winded speeches about how flawed the original is and how he's fixing them all
* Can't understand why his clone doesn't immediately take over the whole industry
* Has small but insanely fanatical array of followers who believe everything he says and reject any logic
* SolidCoin needs over five gigabytes of disk space to commit a couple transactions, EMACS needs over five gigabytes of disk to be usable

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:55:35 AM

Yup that's my alter-ego coinhunter.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:38:39 PM

Someone over in the main board had the theory that RMS might be Satoshi, but that just doesn't make sense. I think RMS is actually CoinHunter, and I have compiled a list of commonalities that support this:

RMS has long since given up writing code. Nowdays he just wonders from forum to forum telling open source projects they are not free enough.

It doesn't seem to be too hard to tell who CoinHunter/Realsolid is:

whois solidcoin.com:
Registrant:
   Ian Eyberg
blah.. blah.. blah

Google search 'Ian Eyberg', second link:
ian eyberg (@feydr) on Twitter

Look on twitter for @feydr and find some nutcase driven entirely by greed and the desire to rip people off who comments about BitCoin and SolidCoin. What a coincidence. Read that twitter feed, the guy is a really bad apple.

'what ppl still don't understand is that you can sell pieces of shit from your toilet as long as you can find your custies, and they DO exist' - @feydr

My guess is he screwed up whois on solidcoin.com then registered solidcoin.info with fake information. Of course none of this is definite proof.

caish5

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 03:29:50 PM

Isn't Coinhunter Australian?
That guy is clearly American?

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
sd

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:27:57 PM

Guys,

I'm pretty sure that's Coinhunter but just remember none of this is definite proof of his identity. It might be false whois info leading to someone else's twitter feed. This guy could put your details in his whois easily.

Seriously don't do anything irresponsible or illegal unless you want to take the risk you are harassing the wrong man and don't mind having the cops after you.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:27:35 AM

RMS has long since given up writing code. Nowdays he just wonders from forum to forum telling open source projects they are not free enough.

It doesn't seem to be too hard to tell who CoinHunter/Realsolid is:

whois solidcoin.com:
Registrant:
   Ian Eyberg
blah.. blah.. blah

Google search 'Ian Eyberg', second link:
ian eyberg (@feydr) on Twitter

Look on twitter for @feydr and find some nutcase driven entirely by greed and the desire to rip people off who comments about BitCoin and SolidCoin. What a coincidence. Read that twitter feed, the guy is a really bad apple.

'what ppl still don't understand is that you can sell pieces of shit from your toilet as long as you can find your custies, and they DO exist' - @feydr

My guess is he screwed up whois on solidcoin.com then registered solidcoin.info with fake information. Of course none of this is definite proof.

Your guess is wrong.  They're two different people.  The solidcoin.com/org/net were registered way back in May.  The .info is someone else entirely.

Mousepotato
rokh

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:04:54 AM

If you're sincerely telling me that you think that RMS would take coinhunters stance on SC's source, forcing people to ask for it, then i reserve the right to find you and punch you in the face.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:08:26 AM

If you're sincerely telling me that you think that RMS would take coinhunters stance on SC's source, forcing people to ask for it, then i reserve the right to find you and punch you in the face.

Ooooh we got a tough guy on our hands fellahs!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wolftaur (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:55:34 AM

Actually, I am quite convinced that rms would never do such a thing, which is why I just said "Obviously doesn't like the MIT license." This thread was a takeoff of one in a different section of the forum that was frankly funnier in this one.

I'm sorta wondering what's wrong here where I can't post an obvious joke and have it taken as a joke. Tongue

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
rokh

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:23:45 AM

I'm sorta wondering what's wrong here where I can't post an obvious joke and have it taken as a joke. Tongue
There are still a few people who appear to support solidcoin sincerely. I guess that has clouded my view of reality around these parts.
wolftaur (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

There are still a few people who appear to support solidcoin sincerely. I guess that has clouded my view of reality around these parts.

Almost everything has supporters, no matter how obviously stupid it is. Just look at some of the people we elect to Congress. :/

sd

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:53:49 AM

Your guess is wrong.  They're two different people.  The solidcoin.com/org/net were registered way back in May.  The .info is someone else entirely.

That's not proof or disproof of anything.

It would have taken months of work to break BitCoin so badly it became SolidCoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: