Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:01:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing and Running ALT in Linux  (Read 576 times)
Hash72 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:41:31 PM

Hi

How to Installing and Running ALT in Linux like eToken , Micro USDE ..ETC .. there is file to download but how to run it specially with Deb Edition like ubuntu ,mint , debian .

i success to install BTC client and it is very easy with one command.

How can i applied to Alternate cryptocurrencies

So i can be safe from malware and torjan.

Thanks

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:28:48 PM

Install virtual box. Create a guest OS. Install your alt client in that guest OS. Ideally you would have a separate VM for each alt (You can easily clone a VM) so that if one alt coin client has malware it doesn't steal coins from the other alt coin wallets. But even a single VM is better than installing alt coin clients on your host OS.
Hash72 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:32:42 PM

Install virtual box. Create a guest OS. Install your alt client in that guest OS. Ideally you would have a separate VM for each alt (You can easily clone a VM) so that if one alt coin client has malware it doesn't steal coins from the other alt coin wallets. But even a single VM is better than installing alt coin clients on your host OS.

Thanks Dear i will follow that ..but is there any other alternative to install the linux version of the wallet inside the Linux ... i do not know how to the linux wallet will be installed ... sure all this to avoid malware

Look how easy to install BTC client

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bitcoin-qt

Thanks

PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:42:41 PM

git the source then
cd coin/src
make -f makefile.unix

TADA!

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

Thanks Dear i will follow that ..but is there any other alternative to install the linux version of the wallet inside the Linux ... i do not know how to the linux wallet will be installed ... sure all this to avoid malware

Look how easy to install BTC client

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bitcoin-qt

Thanks

Don't those alt coins provide linux binaries? In which case you just download, unzip and place the files in bin/32 or bin/64 in your /home/user/bin/ directory. chmod +x the file and run it.
Crystaleyes

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:24:10 PM

git the source then
cd coin/src
make -f makefile.unix

TADA!

Without wishing to be rude, may I suggest you never apply for a job as a teacher?

Here is for why.......

What is 'gitting'? and how/why would/do you do it?
 What, where and why is the 'source'?
 Burn/rip/copy/open? a cd of a 'coin divided by an src'?
 What is an src?
 Make a file called '-f makefile.unix' and do what with it exactly?

Perhaps it makes you feel clever? However I can promise you that at least 90% of people reading this have less than zero idea of what you are attempting to say. You honestly may as well lock yourself in a dark room and speak to yourself for the success you are having.

We can start replying to you in a variety of languages if you still don't get it.

TADA!!!!!

Huh

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

She's talking about Linux cli commands. The OP is a Linux user as are the rest of us. We understand what she means.
Crystaleyes

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:56:37 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 10:25:59 PM by Crystaleyes

Então cara, muito bom pra vocês cunts. Espere que agora tudos estas sentindos tão inteligente.  Roll Eyes

Caralho gente. Que arrogancia! Tira sua cabeça da sua bunda por um minutinho e pensa nessa situação.

....Porra que burrice.  Angry

Mais peut être, ça va mieux si je t'ecris un p'tit peu plus en Francais? Bien sur tu comprendre toutes les choses. Putain!!!!

Amico, cuando qualcuno cerca un poucitín de aiuto, è consigliabile capisci quello che sto dicendo.

Si io non sapere qualquer merde que vc sabe, s'il vous plait vai chupar seu pintinho, before someone knocks your teeth down the back of your throat!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I use Linux, I made my comment because this thread was started by someone searching HELP and SUPPORT. Arrogant cock-sucking geeks are as much use to our Crypto community as chocolate computer processors. We ALL get through life (or not) by helping (or not) our contemporaries.
 For every bit of scripted information you are so arrogantly unwilling to share with your forum peers, there are volumes of essential knowledge from across the globe which you não tem porra nehuma idea that even exists!

Now please, if you are not prepared to contribute anything positive to the thread, do us a great favor and take your smart assed, snidey, unhelpful comments et TA GUEULE CONNARD!  

Your current input is as welcome as a wet fart in an elevator.

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: