Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Highs and Lows on Cryptsy charts  (Read 1381 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:23:06 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 06:42:16 AM by Bitcoinpro

Have been watching these charts a fair bit and have noticed that some of the highs and lows are not being reached as portrayed by the charts,

this could be defective software 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:27:47 PM

not to mention sometimes their buys and sells are actually matching ie they should have cancelled each other,

I'm thinking this glitch might have also occurred on Mtgox they aren't running the exact same trading software are they ?

will take screen shots next time i see the buys and sells matching or overlapping.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:01:54 PM

Have been watching these charts a fair bit and have noticed that some of the highs and lows are not being reached as portrayed by the charts,

this could be defective software or the exchange could be doing it on purpose to fool traders.

Which particular exchanges?
Brubaker

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:06:16 PM

newbie here................i notice the price of one coin on MtGox is $100 higher than on the gadget i use to track price.   why don't people buy on one exchange and sell on another, you know, a little arbitrage?
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:48:23 PM

newbie here................i notice the price of one coin on MtGox is $100 higher than on the gadget i use to track price.   why don't people buy on one exchange and sell on another, you know, a little arbitrage?

Cause there is problem with mtgox withdrawal..

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:35:32 PM

Advice to newbie: search the forum instead of asking a question that is asked and answered at least twice a day Smiley
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:31:54 AM

this could be defective software or the exchange could be doing it on purpose to fool traders.

I noticed on some coins, but seemingly not all, the high it marks on the chart corresponds with the value you put in on the order, not what price it actually matches at.  So for example on DOGE, if you put in a buy at some ridiculously high price (say .1 BTC) but only a volume of a few thousand, the chart will mark it as having hit a high of .1BTC even though your few thousand coins will all match and buy at market (like .00000054).  So the chart makes it look as though it spiked and went back down even though it never even moved past the lowest sell point.  It would not shock me to see other coins doing the same.  They seem more interested in adding every coin under the sun than making sure what they already have works.  And that has been true for many months now.

As for the overlap in the order book, it is lag.  That has been happening for months and months too.  Sometimes it seems like they get it cleared up and then it happens again.  I like cryptsy but to be honest I don't think Vern has the database skills to make it work on his own.  There is clear database optimization stuff that is sorely needed over there.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:13:58 AM

not to mention sometimes their buys and sells are actually matching ie they should have cancelled each other,

I'm thinking this glitch might have also occurred on Mtgox they aren't running the exact same trading software are they ?

will take screen shots next time i see the buys and sells matching or overlapping.

Its just bugs and lags in the software - nothing sinister - its not that easy to program these things perfectly. Gox can't even get a decent, non-lagging trading engine together after earning millions of dollars. But that's gox for ya I suppose Wink
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:31:04 AM

Cyptsy Dogecoin market just went into meltdown mode highs and lows crossing bye a large margin

the Doge link is taken down though if you still have the page open you can see it

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: