Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to HODL the right way  (Read 537 times)
elpape225

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

OptiToken gonna open around $6 or $7 on C2CX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:47:58 AM

Actually this is a good advice and a big help also for those who lacks of knowledge , specifically to those who can't control their emotions when there's a bad scenario happen .  But unfortunately opposite always happened  nowadays which is they 're always panicking and ignore this kind of advice ,and always regrets as well.  to be honest mate this advice will become useless because people nowadays are always struggled when it comes to controlling emotions.
as for those people who are in panic and having a lack of knowledge I can say that it is always harder to apply the knowledge that you have them to act like you're used to do.
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:46:24 PM

the best way to hold the coins is to sell the coins when we see the profits it is better to sell the coins when the coin earn 60 percent growth or more than that and hold rest of the coins
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:15:11 PM

Here are two simple rules my trading mentor who's been in the game for 30 years taught me.

1. Put 5-10% of your net worth in crypto. No more as you might lose more than you can afford, no less as you won't see much difference.

----

2. Have a strategy. Every month, on a particular day you have chosen, take 50% of your profits in fiat. No ifs, no buts, no waiting for the market to get better or for the price to rise because you "know it will rise 100%". And when it comes to the other half, invest 50% of it in assets you believe in for the long-term (Bitcoin, ETH, Neo, etc.) and leave the other 50% for speculation (alts, shorting).

I myself have broken these rules on a few occasions as I got greedy and it didn't end well so I had to HODL, check my portfolio every 5 minutes, deal with a massive amount of stress...

If you leave the decision-making to the strategy you follow, not to your emotions, it will make the whole thing much less painful. These two rules are super simple to follow.

"But I made most my crypto money from crypto." "But I am sure there will be a bull run, I will make more money when I put all my savings." "Why only 10%?"

You can NEVER be sure if a price will go up or down. Even technical analysis can mislead you as the crypto market is not regulated, it's the wild wild west and anything can happen. ANYTHING. Good or bad.

We still live in a fiat-dominated world where you pay your bills in fiat (USD, EUR, YEN, etc.). So when your bills come but you've put all your money in crypto and it's going down and you kinda have to HODL, how are you going to pay them? I did that just recently and it was pretty tough to fight with my fear of losing and regret that I didn't sell at the peak.

If you don't need the money, great. Leave it in crypto. But the moment you lose a big amount (and this will happen at some point if you are in the game long enough) you will start panic selling and thinking about all the things you could have bought with that money: a trip, your yearly rent, a yacht, 5 years of freedom from work, etc.

A better way is to slowly regain your initial investment and let the profits make profits. Or take as much money as you need to live comfortably if crypto is your main source of income.

This is where the second advice comes in handy.

Take profit, even when it's counter-intuitive.

"This advice comes from many times of sh*#$ing my pants over the years," – experienced traders lose money too but they only come out stronger.

And finally, don't trade under the influence of your emotions:

FOMO – when it's going up and you've missed the train... but then you buy and it dumps. Happens many times to all of us  Grin If you've missed the train, don't run after it. Wait for the next one (next dip).

FEAR OF LOSING – you're panic selling and then it pumps back up.  Angry  Warren Buffet might be a crypto FUD-meister but he's right about getting greedy when others are fearful and getting fearful when others are greedy.

GREED – this is the trickiest of all emotions. Most humans are greedy. It's our nature. And yet most will tell you they're not greedy if you ask them. I am greedy, and so are you. In trading or investing, we realize we've been greedy only after losing money. There is no easy way to learn this lesson but if you follow the two rules above you won't let greed run the show.

I hope this is helpful.

Stay tough! ;-)
I think you should not hold on to this point, you can see that the market is showing signs of recovery but in the long term, bitcoin prices are still in the long-term downtrend so bitcoin prices can continue to decline sharply at any time. So I think that this time you should only short-term investment in bitcoin and not long-term hold the risk will be very high.
sunnybeacher

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

In my oppinion you should check your coins more rarely
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

the best way to hold the coins is to sell the coins when we see the profits it is better to sell the coins when the coin earn 60 percent growth or more than that and hold rest of the coins
60% percent is already a high percentage so selling your coins at that moment would be very ideal to think.Hodling does not mean also that you are going to keep your coins for a very long time.If you spotted that the price has already increased even half percentage from the price you bought it,sell it already because after all,your goal is to aim big profits.

Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:02:11 AM

There is nothing as a right way to hold. While the asset is being hold for long term the user should be careful with the security of the asset. Apart from this it is good to involve into trading practice that could get a earning, and in the meantime it'll also support the circulation of the assets.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:53:38 AM

There is nothing as a right way to hold. While the asset is being hold for long term the user should be careful with the security of the asset. Apart from this it is good to involve into trading practice that could get a earning, and in the meantime it'll also support the circulation of the assets.
The best way to hold the right way is to know what you are dealing with and to study the market. It takes appropriate timing to determine the best time to buy, hold, and sell. While the market is down, it can be taken into advantage to buy more coins, hold them while waiting for the value to bounce back. In this way, it can also help reduce risks, big losses, and gain huge returns.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:11:40 AM

For me before you hodl, make sure that you have enough resources to sustain you daily and necessary needs. Because if you will start hodling and sooner or later your resources almost consumed then you will have no choice but to use your hodlings. That is why it is very important to have some preparation before you hodl.
This must be a pre active strategy. People often chose hold over trade but majority of the times they don’t plan for it. Simple is, they don’t want to do hard work in something so they start holding for long time. But before doing that, you must know things are under your concern. You must have some extra money for your daily needs. Only then this holding can output something better.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:26:22 AM

That’s good amount of knowledge, especially for beginner. I think these are the points where we or investors make mistakes and lose their money. We should never invest more than what we cannot afford to lose. This can even risk the fulfillment of our basic needs. The FOMO and FUD are other concepts that add to our losses. Therefore these should be carefully tackled.
In my opinion the best way to make handsome money from crypto investment is to split your investment in different coins. So if one loses other will recover and you will remain constant, no lose no gains. If you cannot trade then it is easy to hold your coins for long time. Crypto investment will never give you profit in short time and that is enough for long time holding.
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:51:29 AM

This is definitely a  good advice for cryptocurrency investors but most people, when price plummets, they tend to panic and sell off most of their tokens at a loss. They do not want to hold their tokens. That's why you need to make research on the token you are holding as it should be the right tokens and also, invest what you can afford to lose
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: