Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are we still at this price? Review of bearish thread titles...  (Read 2354 times)
mestar

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:01:26 AM

The most intriguing thing is that adoption is taking off like wildfire, but the price doesn't move.

$100k on the first day on Overstock, then nothing.  My guess would be that no news means very low volume.  Also, that kind of adaptation wound kind of push the price of bitcoin down.

Maybe BTC wasn't really worth 1200 when it hit 1200.

My guess would be that Silkroad was working just fine when the price of Bitcoin was $2.

But every day that goes by, $850 is less and less speculation, and more and more actual adoption.

It's all speculation.

When will the price start to rise again?

Why do you think it would rise?

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:54:28 AM

I'm starting to become increasingly suspicious of Chinese fake market data, even though i'm v bullish on the long run. Something is just not right.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

The most intriguing thing is that adoption is taking off like wildfire, but the price doesn't move.

$100k on the first day on Overstock, then nothing.  My guess would be that no news means very low volume.  Also, that kind of adaptation wound kind of push the price of bitcoin down.

Maybe BTC wasn't really worth 1200 when it hit 1200.

My guess would be that Silkroad was working just fine when the price of Bitcoin was $2.

But every day that goes by, $850 is less and less speculation, and more and more actual adoption.

It's all speculation.

When will the price start to rise again?

Why do you think it would rise?

Its posts like these that make me bullish.
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:41:50 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 10:56:54 AM by LOADING.READY.RUN

I'm starting to become increasingly suspicious of Chinese fake market data, even though i'm v bullish on the long run. Something is just not right.

I don't think it's necessarily fake. But zero trading fees make a couple of techniques involving buying/selling to yourself (or members of your "team") extremely cheap. Even without these, it becomes more attractive to scalp very small ranges which also increases volume. I still think these transactions are real in the sense that they are valid trades happening on the exchange between different accounts (not necessarily different people).

But with enough money, it's extremely cheap (compared to exchanges with fees) to make the market look the way you want, and create as much  volume as you want. If a whale sees a possibility to make money off of that (which I can easily believe exists), I'm sure they'll do.

So don't try to compare the volume to Gox or Stamp, don't believe it by the standards set by other "Western" exchanges. Still it might not be fake in the sense that the exchange is "creating" transactions that never happened.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: