Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for Bitcointalk related articles  (Read 271 times)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

I've recently started blogging on Steemit and in one of my series, I write about Bitcointalk.
Mostly tutorials and guides, but I also write about some of the history of this forum.

My latest articles:
https://steemit.com/story/@daan/tales-from-bitcointalk-forum-lending-in-the-early-days-of-bitcoin-1
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@daan/tales-from-bitcointalk-guide-to-earning-btc-by-posting-ultimate-signature-campaign-tutorial-2
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@daan/tales-from-bitcointalk-guide-to-earning-merits-3

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@daan/what-happened-to-bitcointalk-forum (my first article, it isn't that great though)

I was hoping to get some more ideas for future articles, so if anyone knows some good subjects (bitcointalk related) to talk about, please share them here.

Keep in mind that I just do this for fun and also to improve my English a little bit.
I definitely know that I'm really not the greatest writer, so go easy on the criticism ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozing

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:14:08 PM

You can write on how to make money using bitcointalk.org

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:48:06 PM

You can write on how to make money using bitcointalk.org

I've already written an article explaining signature campaigns, but I can explore some other options as well.
The thing is that I try to avoid attracting spammers through these articles, so I'm kinda avoiding writing about airdrops etc.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:33:15 AM
Merited by Cyrus (1), pugman (1), eternalgloom (1)

I've already written an article explaining signature campaigns, but I can explore some other options as well.
The thing is that I try to avoid attracting spammers through these articles, so I'm kinda avoiding writing about airdrops etc.
Signature campaigns are also a target for spammers Wink

I was hoping to get some more ideas for future articles, so if anyone knows some good subjects (bitcointalk related) to talk about, please share them here.
  • How to secure & protect their accounts?
  • Explain "DT".
  • Puzzle games on Bitcointalk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

@SFR10 

I doubt that they'll be attracted to that article, since it requires them to read around 800 words of text first Tongue
But yeah I could do something similar about airdrops also. I just keep repeating myself (in my articles), that it doesn't pay off to spam when you're participating in those campaigns.

Those other ideas are really good, hadn't thought about the puzzles yet, but seems like a very fun subject to write about!

saerlingen

Activity: 152

Bet you won't click the signature link.

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

I recently explained to a friend where the Hodl meme came from. Surely there are other such situations that happened before my time? Maybe you could cover some of these. Many people use 'Hodl' without realizing its rather fun origin story Smiley

After all, this is a huge, and very vibrant, community and has been for long.

Maybe you could write about non-profit initiatives and their community-building effects? I'd bet 95% of services in bitcointalk threads will cost you money, what's special about the ones that wont? free escrowers, tx accelerators etc..

Just some ideas, hope you like them!

Will definitely give your steemit profile a read sometime Smiley

Godfather of Faucets (https://freebitco.in/?r=2033803)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:04:42 PM

@saerlingen

Good suggestion, but I've already covered that in my first post on Steemit.
Apparently most people didn't even know it originated here. They just think it meant: Hold On for Dear Life

I am interested in doing more stories about significant scams here. Perhaps some of the biggest scams that happened here?
Already did something similar when I mentioned Dankbank (if anyone remembers that) in this article: Lending in the early days of Bitcoin

saerlingen

Activity: 152

Bet you won't click the signature link.

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:14:17 PM
Merited by eternalgloom (1)

I am interested in doing more stories about significant scams here. Perhaps some of the biggest scams that happened here?
Already did something similar when I mentioned Dankbank (if anyone remembers that) in this article: Lending in the early days of Bitcoin

I remember seeing someone who had taken loan(s) here on Bitcointalk using fake ethereum tokens as collateral. I remember being very puzzled at how this was possible so maybe it would be a good article?

The collateral was TGT (Targetcoin) except they were fakes created with same ticker. I believe the scammer also sent them to lenders real TGT address and they showed as invalid after a while, or something of the sort.

I was so shocked at how sophisticated this scam seemed, yet i felt it was easy to do since duplicate ticker symbols is possible.

Pretty sure scammer succeeded at one lender, at least. Can't remember names/threads sorry Smiley

Godfather of Faucets (https://freebitco.in/?r=2033803)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:33:58 PM

I think I'll be able to find it using that info, sounds like a very good example of a somewhat technically elaborate scam.
Also the Pirate scam might be something worth looking into a bit further, but don't know what his username was.

astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

I think I'll be able to find it using that info, sounds like a very good example of a somewhat technically elaborate scam.
Also the Pirate scam might be something worth looking into a bit further, but don't know what his username was.
Please make it come true. You just need to do it. We need something like scam detector. There are alot of warned about scam project or ICO in this thread, but not complete. I hope you (or someone) can realized and make implemented of the scammer detector. If you make it in website form, I guess it will be usefull and famous quickly.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 08:27:46 PM
Merited by eternalgloom (1)

I also like the idea about different security tips as now high-ranked accounts are really valuable and a lot of scammers try to hack them and then sell or steal all the smerits from them. For example, there is an opportunity to post a message signed from your BTC address to prove your identity if your account is stolen, so maybe there are some other ways to prevent it. I would like to learn about them.

eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:03:11 AM

I also like the idea about different security tips as now high-ranked accounts are really valuable and a lot of scammers try to hack them and then sell or steal all the smerits from them. For example, there is an opportunity to post a message signed from your BTC address to prove your identity if your account is stolen, so maybe there are some other ways to prevent it. I would like to learn about them.

Oh yeah, the address signing feature if definitely something that everybody should know about. That's really good to add in an article.
I definitely could write an article about account security in general, lots of accounts get hacked.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 11:54:08 PM

• How to secure & protect their accounts?
  • Explain "DT".
  • Puzzle games on Bitcointalk.
There are articles on how to protect people's accounts within bitcointalk, I don't know about off forum articles though. But please, some one for the love of God, make an article explaining DT. Please! It took me quite a while to understand it but I finally figured it out. But others are finding it really confusing. Explain DT 1,2,3,4. And how trust settings work.
Puzzle games on Bitcointalk, I don't know. There are a few threads on puzzles in the services and off topic section but not many are interested in it.
@OP, PGP articles maybe? They are there on the forum but outside forum I don't know. There may be.
I think you should focus more on articles related to crypto and not on bitcointalk (not so much is what I mean). You can write an article saying how exchanges have got more fucked up within the past year, the whole poloniex and bittrex screw up. I'll come up with some new ideas tomorrow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: