Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 10:04:24 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next One Hundred Years  (Read 1777 times)
Anonymous

September 08, 2011, 11:34:11 PM

Obliteration of earths biosphere by patented organisms leads to a tyrannical world dictatorship employed by the control of the worlds food supply.
That's already happened. The USDA already upholds patents on crop seeds that are only good for one season. The world's food supply is already ran by corporate oligarchy.

The solution to this is actually more regulation on what can be patented and how, hth
Yes, let's give the corporations another chance to influence legislation to their favor.
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:36:24 AM

Obliteration of earths biosphere by patented organisms leads to a tyrannical world dictatorship employed by the control of the worlds food supply.
That's already happened. The USDA already upholds patents on crop seeds that are only good for one season. The world's food supply is already ran by corporate oligarchy.

The solution to this is actually more regulation on what can be patented and how, hth
Yes, let's give the corporations another chance to influence legislation to their favor.

No, let's just hand power over to them directly so they can do as they please with impunity.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
FirstAscent (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:25:05 AM

How should things be by 2111, and all the intervening years? What is important? What are the means to get there?

See the above text from my original post? I'd like to see discussion centering around that if possible. Since everyone has their ideas of what political ideology would be best, please describe what that political ideology will get us between now and a hundred years from now. If possible, please factor in all of the following (or more): resource management, population growth, urban environments, the natural environment, application of technology, space exploration, global trade, privacy, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: