Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANALYSIS] Altcoin Investing  (Read 41034 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ltcifc

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:51:33 PM

Infinitecoin deserves much better score.

I'm continuing to watch it closely to see the devs clear up the security problem.
Many IFC projects going on at the moment. Join the official Infinitecoin forum if you haven't already Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Watchy312

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

I really wonder why i read this, there is nothing interesting in there and i feel like i lost my time :
it is just advertizing for your MemoryCrap
doitnow

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:48:54 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 03:58:40 AM by doitnow

It seems that you don't really keep a pace with the market. In near future only second generation coins will mean something and all these you mentioned above will be undeveloped and retarded. Look closely at counterparty [XCP], ethereum, mastercoin [msc] and those that don't exist yet: zerocoin, mc2

edit: ahh i forgot to mention NXT and its clones: NEM, NEX etc..
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:38:56 PM

I liked the addition to your post! I was reading about CGB earlier and thought it looked like a solid medium-term investment.

Producer
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:56:48 PM

All 3 factors are part of the technical aspect, the other half is the moral, fairness issues, which is very important to the user community of any viable currency.

Premining is very serious issue in the altcoin world. Bad handling of this will cast a shadow on the currency forever.

Litecoin earns 10/10 in that category IMO.

Agree and Memory coin holds a 0/10 in that category. You just don't import an abandoned block chain into a new coin.
Shifu77

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:10:30 AM

Good analysis. I own a variety of coins, but Cryptographic bullion I think is undervalued. I'm looking forward to later developments with CGB. Cryptocurrencies are still in their infancy in terms of their potential, so the next couple of years will be interesting.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

i like your thread freetrade and im about to buy myself some cgb because i trust your judgement after reading this, if you have time it would be great if you did a write up on DMD like peercoin but rare
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

It seems that you don't really keep a pace with market. In near future only second generation coins will mean something and all these you mentioned already will be undeveloped and retarded. Look closely at counterparty [XCP], ethereum, mastercoin [msc] and those that don't exist yet: zerocoin, mc2

edit: ahh i forgot to mentioned NXT and all its clones: NEM, NEX etc..

lol 2nd generation, you mean 2nd generation 50% to 100% pre mined and desperately trying hard to get rich

krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:35:10 PM

I think Mooncoin is fun!

🆙
ltcifc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:38:37 PM

I think Mooncoin is fun!
What does that even mean?
balusch

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

Infinitecoin deserves much better score.

I'm continuing to watch it closely to see the devs clear up the security problem.
Many IFC projects going on at the moment. Join the official Infinitecoin forum if you haven't already Smiley

just discovered this nice community myself, come have a look!
jadagles

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:33:51 PM

What about noble coin what do you think?
krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:45:34 AM

I think Mooncoin is fun!

It means that I think Mooncoin is fun! I have fun aquiring and trading Mooncoin. It's great!

🆙
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:51:32 AM

Congrats on the thread!
Would you please add:
NXT
Emunie
Ethereum

Smiley

There is a lot of interest in the so-called 'second-generation' alts, but they are much harder to evaluate. They all look very technologically ambitious.  That means more risk and more potential reward.
The technology is very hard to evaluate, usually the spec is still fluid, impossible to know how easily the technology will be adopted, how long it will take to perfect, if there will be any late breaking showstoppers. Unless you have a particular insight into the technology being developed, I suggest completely ignoring it and looking at the team,

The questions I'm asking about for 2nd generation altcoin teams -

1. Aligned interests - Are investors' interests aligned with the founders? They should be.
2. Team pedigree - have the founders been in the community for a long time, or did they just float in on the last bubble? They should have history of seeing the potential of Bitcoin before it reached $1000, or $100, or even $10.
3. Jobs program - are the founders just trying to create well-paid jobs for themselves. That's a red flag.
4. Technical leadership - are technical people in charge? They should be.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:10:37 PM

Congrats on the thread!
Would you please add:
NXT
Emunie
Ethereum

Smiley

There is a lot of interest in the so-called 'second-generation' alts, but they are much harder to evaluate. They all look very technologically ambitious.  That means more risk and more potential reward.
The technology is very hard to evaluate, usually the spec is still fluid, impossible to know how easily the technology will be adopted, how long it will take to perfect, if there will be any late breaking showstoppers. Unless you have a particular insight into the technology being developed, I suggest completely ignoring it and looking at the team,

1. Aligned interests - Are investors' interests aligned with the founders? They should be.
2. Team pedigree - have the founders been in the community for a long time, or did they just float in on the last bubble? They should have history of seeing the potential of Bitcoin before it reached $1000, or $100, or even $10.
3. Jobs program - are the founders just trying to create well-paid jobs for themselves. That's a red flag.

1, 2, and 4 aren't as big a deal IMO, but #3 is the reason why I don't invest in these currencies. Yeah, its true that a centralized group of developers who hold most of the coin can probably develop it more efficiently than our decentralized communities...but I don't like the principle.

Producer
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

Congrats on the thread!
Would you please add:
NXT
Emunie
Ethereum

Smiley

1, 2, and 4 aren't as big a deal IMO, but #3 is the reason why I don't invest in these currencies. Yeah, its true that a centralized group of developers who hold most of the coin can probably develop it more efficiently than our decentralized communities...but I don't like the principle.
So how about a group of developers that do not hold most of the coin but get a "salary" to develop it efficiently + can be replaced anytime by a more efficient group?
Wait, that's MemoryCoin! Smiley
That's why I believe in MMC
Cryptojesus

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

I'd like to see the verdict for worldcoin,goldcoin and diamond coin that would be great thanks.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:59:15 PM

I really wonder why i read this, there is nothing interesting in there and i feel like i lost my time :
it is just advertizing for your MemoryCrap

+1

Author nowhere mentioned it does not really matter how much coins are added because for as long as there is equilibrium of supply
and demand the price will stay stable. If X coins are added to total supply and 0 of those coins hit exchanges (miners decide to hold
them) but at the same time demand for cryptocoin in question increases then what happens? Yes, price will go up.

It seems that you don't really keep a pace with the market. In near future only second generation coins will mean something and all these you mentioned above will be undeveloped and retarded. Look closely at counterparty [XCP], ethereum, mastercoin [msc] and those that don't exist yet: zerocoin, mc2

edit: ahh i forgot to mention NXT and its clones: NEM, NEX etc..

Those mentioned are not 2nd gen cryptocoins, don't be a fool! They are either minor variations on already existing cryptocoins (NXT
and clones are PPC + NMC done with Java) or totally depend on existing cryptocoins which they actually make more cool (MSC and all
others). eMunie? Nothing new. You need to analyse things a bit more for yourself and not fall so easily on sale pitches and propaganda.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ltcifc

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

I think Mooncoin is fun!

It means that I think Mooncoin is fun! I have fun aquiring and trading Mooncoin. It's great!

Thanks, i had a feeling that it have nothing common with this thread.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:37:13 AM

Those mentioned are not 2nd gen cryptocoins, don't be a fool! They are either minor variations on already existing cryptocoins (NXT
and clones are PPC + NMC done with Java) or totally depend on existing cryptocoins which they actually make more cool (MSC and all
others). eMunie? Nothing new. You need to analyse things a bit more for yourself and not fall so easily on sale pitches and propaganda.

And you need to stop spreading utter nonsense. Even if you don't like them cryptos like NXT do bring new things to the table. Progress is good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: