Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANALYSIS] Altcoin Investing  (Read 41038 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
redphlegm

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:56:53 PM

I actually think it's a pretty good name. It doesn't have "coin" which is a big plus in my opinion. Also, the "bullion" aspect of it suggests a hedging mechanism for longer-term storage of funds. Sure you can do this with BTC or any coin, really, but the Proof of Stake is a plus. Then there's PPC. Terrible name, "PeePee Coin". "PeerCoin" is better but relatively nondescript. when you start getting the interest of folks not familiar with crypto currencies, the "bullion" bit will likely make them say "hm, what's this?"

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

Still 3/10 for Infinitecoin?  Hmmm
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:52:16 AM

I actually think it's a pretty good name. It doesn't have "coin" which is a big plus in my opinion. Also, the "bullion" aspect of it suggests a hedging mechanism for longer-term storage of funds. Sure you can do this with BTC or any coin, really, but the Proof of Stake is a plus. Then there's PPC. Terrible name, "PeePee Coin". "PeerCoin" is better but relatively nondescript. when you start getting the interest of folks not familiar with crypto currencies, the "bullion" bit will likely make them say "hm, what's this?"
i know what your saying, i often wonder what goes the developers heads when they create a crypto.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

there was a lot of coins he could of chose, and ifc was one of them, not bad really, i have around 30mil ifc and he gave it a good wrap in my opinion
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:02:52 AM

there was a lot of coins he could of chose, and ifc was one of them, not bad really, i have around 30mil ifc and he gave it a good wrap in my opinion
I was expecting more.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

MaxCoin added

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:55:41 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 02:21:15 PM by GigaCoin

MaxCoin added

Good analysis on maxcoin free trade, if they only went the way of memorycoin and had a built in pool 1 click miner.

What do u think of the price? Don't u think its crazy maxcoin is priced at $10/coin (was $40,at some point) given the fact the total supply is 250million and the high inflation model? How much longer can he sustain the price, on Twitter he is calling for ppl to buy at the current prices, isn't that suicide for investors?

I am actually disappointed in max kesier, i thought he had some decency in him but he is pumping his coin on twitter every minute, despite knowing the illogical price of the coin and the launch mess up

Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

Y only 1 point for MAX Hype and 3 point for MMC Developers?

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

The points in that category aren't for the quality of the developer team . . . but rather if there is a system in place to ensure sustained development. For MMC, the devs are actually hired by the blockchain - some of the mining rewards are allocated directly to the dev team. That ensures there will always be funds to pay devs to continue development. No other coin has that.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

What do u think of the price? Don't u think its crazy maxcoin is priced at $10/coin (was $40,at some point) given the fact the total supply is 250million and the high inflation model? How much longer can he sustain the price, on Twitter he is calling for ppl to buy at the current prices, isn't that suicide for investors?

Maybe he's cashing out.

Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

Very interesting, for a geek, or a mathematician, or an engineer, this thread.

But fact is no one here in this community will be dictating what the MARKETPLACE accepts or rejects, and much to their horror.

Nor is hardly anyone that is mainly focused on which coins offer superior fundamentals and inovations also trying to strongly determine what is going on behind the scenes to thrust certain crypto's into the marketplace next.

I am forced to run with this hobby at the same speed rookie interns are thrashed into the health care system when their finished with medical school (90 to 110 hour weeks). But even that's not enough for myself to stay abreast of even 1/4 of what's occurring day by day in this revolution.

As for who wins:

It certainly wont be internally developed, micro focused Crypto-Exchanges that mostly just internally promote their own Crypto's going anywhere soon, or at all. At least not without massive media attention, and extremely strong marketplace demand, or massive funding for advertizing and promotions, and all that goes with those all too forgotten winning secrets.

btc:

Bitcoin - it blazed the trail into the mainstream for all Crypto's. It's the defacto RESERVE Crypto already. The one that all others are now measured by, even fiat too is suddenly being measured in bitcoins.

Fact is Bitcoin has already sealed 1st place. And to claim it doesn't have it's act together in this tread is pure heresy. And to claim Bitcoin isn't suddenly working on scores of projects to further solidify it's stranglehold merely proves the OP hasn't paid anywhere near enough attention to the BIG PICTURE behind Bitcoin's success.

But he certainly get's an A+ for suggesting to have at least 50% of one's Crypto Portfolio in Bitcoin. I myself have 2/3's now. And that is what I estimate will be Bitcoin's overall marketshare, of the entire world. Or more, unless others fast get their race faces on and get into maximum overdrive, with no fear to push forward and near light speed. That is what it will likely take to keep Bitcoin from grabbing at least 2/3's the entire marketplace, all to it's self. It and all the other things that are being designed and built ON TOP of the Bitcoin Protocol.

Fact is EVERY other Crypto is so far behind Bitcoin in every last respect it's truly laughable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toss in that a new, extremely well marketed Crypto named DOGE came out of nowhere and captured such demand and support that it's leaped into the forefront of all Crypto's except for just Bitcoin fully deminstrates my premise here.

Where am I going with this?

Well I laid out the foundation of that above.

I began a new thread this week:  

**2014 is THE RACE to the Mainstream Marketplace**
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450232.msg4954269#msg4954269

Best review that long and winded opening post that isn't very popular, but vital for the winners to seek guidance from.

The very reason I did start that thread was because the overwhelming majority of alternatives and competitors to Bitcoin are all half asleep, with precious few exceptions.

Sure some have communities actively trying to get their coins thrust into the mainstream, and their all failing so far. Horribly.

The Winners:

Toss in that whom ever gets there 1st seals the deal, and locks up market share for themselves, and the point is this: You snooze, you lose. Once 2, 3, or 4, maybe a few more, grab marketshare, it's almost all gone. And I for one am not convinced any more than 2 or 3 at most will ultimately grab much market share. I will leave out why here. READ the other thread.

btc:

Bitcoin is the 1st Crypto that breakthrough. It may not be the most technically wonderful, but it's plenty sound enough to seal the deal with the marketplace, and of course it's an evolving technology itself. After all it's the revolutionary wonderkind. The first of it's kind. What started it all. And has an enormous lead over all my other favorite Crypto's.

Point being those here everyone here can hash it out why this or that is so wonderful, and argue over scores of things, or spread fud, or claim why xyz is better than abc, but all that is mere distraction to reality. This is 2014, not 2012, or early 2013. Suddenly this is HAPPENING.

The next 4 to 6 months:

The next several months seals up the majority of the mainstream marketplace for the ultimate winners going forward for at least the next generation (18 to 21 years). If not many generations to come.

And while many here are wasting precious time Bitcoin grows ever stronger.

And Coins such as DOGE is also eating everyone's lunch and dinner too.

The Marketplace:

Like it or not it's BRANDING, MARKETING, PROMOTION, and FORCING one's Crypto into the mainstream is exactly what will determine the Winner(s), and the rest are merely going to all be Losers that painfully wither and fade away.

Maybe that's not fair, that the "best structured crypto(s) wont win. Too bad. That's life. Fact is hardly anyone understands just how huge the force behind Bitcoin truly is. What with lobbying teams, legal teams, full time employees, scores of dedicated volunteers, and the fact is their finally working triple time to make Bitcoin ultra easy for everyone to very soon utilize, for anything, anywhere.

I read a lot of misinformation in this thread concerning Bitcoin. Likely it's because their not burning both ends of the candle analyzing the Big Picture, and since their perspective is absolutely warped in favor of their own favorites their seeing many things through foggy lenses.

Bitcoin has SEALED THE DEAL:

The entire Crypto-Community owes an enormous amount of thanks to Bitcoin. Bitcoin did it all by itself. With help from no other Crypto.

And if any alternative cares to compete in this race to the winners circle they had best realize they had better get a real new grip on reality, or they too are going to lose. Because anyone not already in the race by this coming summer is almost certain to be a loser.

Peercoin:

It's shameful it wasn't reviewed here.

It's arguably the 1st alternative to Bitcoin, or maybe even it's sucessor for particular economic fundamental needs. Simply put it's a better Medium of Exchange, where as Bitcoin is arguably a better Store of Value. I wont discuss economic theory with Engineers and Mathematicians here, I wont waste my time or theirs. Nor others. Your all far too late to that game to try and wrestle sense in that arena, and have likely been led astray there already. Suffice to say it's going to be the Marketplace and Policy Makers, along with the most wealthy and powerful forces, and not any of us here deciding all the major victories, or what is utilized for what.

Bitcoin has already won 1st place: and lapped the entire field at least a few times. And is only growing ever stronger, and pulling further ahead of the entire field. Like it or not this is a competition. This is real Capitalism. Something not practiced hardly at all, except by real, true, small businesses, in the Private Sector.

Best read my thoughts and re-focus to spring board your favorite Crypto's into the mainstream, darn fast, or those that do, even the Litecoin knockoff Doge will surely end up blowing away all the rest of the competition. Watch with shock and horror as it does just that if the rest wont directly race DOGE.

The reader will just have to suffer through a long winded thread I created at the link above to fully grasp why I state what I have here, and why I responded here (I desire for the better Crypto's to win).

But all I can do is inspire communities to put the required efforts in to make that happen.

So far it's just like there is no pit crew chiefs, there is no strong marketing and promotions. Their are no coordinators, no front line key employees. No Management worthy.

No one else but DOGE is making enough music, that us old dogs thought was static and mere noisy attitude.

By default Bitcoin has won the race.

And by default #2, #3, and any other winners, if there are any other bigger winners, will likely all end up winning simply because the other communities couldn't get their acts together fast enough.

In others words too little, too late. And not retaining the required Marketing experts to make faster progress than anyone else.

It's laughable how the endless debates are all about who's better, and why, and who's a scam and why. And how this one it this, that one is that, bla bla bla. While giving away at least 1/2 of the entire mainstream marketplace to Bitcoin, already.

Get a grip. Get it together.

Winners don't make up excuses.

And real class never relentlessly displays no class at all.

It's been a major disappointment to realize that suddenly a new phase is upon this Decentralized Crypto Revolution, yet the main actors can't see the forest for the trees. Nor the road ahead. I just summed it up here. The other directions and reasons are at the link.

Tread carefully. And wisely, and best get your race faces on, if you have one.

Otherwise, just put it almost all in Bitcoin instead, because anything else will likely end up an act of futility at the rate things are crawling ahead in almost every crypto community, save just a handful.

And I already know none here can even rattle off more than two or three of the 5 or 6 that are dead set on winning, at all costs, much to their surprise, if they knew who was really who!

There was a lot of good info here.

And a lot of wasted efforts and data.

Thankfully I learned to read and skim through damn fast when required.

So after another 24+ hour nonstop day, I am retiring for shut eye. It's been 24 to 60 hour nonstop days for myself, at least half the time, for many months now, just to keep up with this revolution as best as is required for my own future, just to get out of the deep hole the banksters and wall street stuck myself in. Aong of course with myself. But no matter what, I will win again. Just like I did when I beat all of them from 2008 through 2009. Right before they retroactively broke all the rules, and stole it all away, and then of course rewarded their very own failures, and everyone elses, except of course making those like myself whole again.

I can't stand to lose. And I absolutely live to win.

Sadly I don't see hardly any Capitalists around anymore. What a pity.
===========================================

Caveat emptor (for all the good that will do).
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

can you cover SXC ?

bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:19:24 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 05:01:21 PM by bahamapascal

MaxCoin added

Nice review, I couldn't agree more!
I am really disgusted at what this Max dose, I can't imagine how many people are going to lose a big chunk of there money on this scam Sad
If I would be him and wanted to make a quick money, I would have chosen CGB buy up a couple 10k and then recommend it as investment. That way he would have made a whole load of money and its a coin with a good potential, so people following would actually not lose there money and actually make profit...
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:55:37 PM

Finally an intelligent post.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Peercoin:

It's arguably the 1st alternative to Bitcoin, or maybe even it's sucessor for particular economic fundamental needs.

There's a lot of coins to get to. I'm positively disposed to Peercoin, but want to do more thorough research before calling it.

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:13:02 PM

Very interesting, for a geek, or a mathematician, or an engineer, this thread.

But fact is no one here in this community will be dictating what the MARKETPLACE accepts or rejects, and much to their horror.

Nor is hardly anyone that is mainly focused on which coins offer superior fundamentals and inovations also trying to strongly determine what is going on behind the scenes to thrust certain crypto's into the marketplace next.

I am forced to run with this hobby at the same speed rookie interns are thrashed into the health care system when their finished with medical school (90 to 110 hour weeks). But even that's not enough for myself to stay abreast of even 1/4 of what's occurring day by day in this revolution.

As for who wins:

It certainly wont be internally developed, micro focused Crypto-Exchanges that mostly just internally promote their own Crypto's going anywhere soon, or at all. At least not without massive media attention, and extremely strong marketplace demand, or massive funding for advertizing and promotions, and all that goes with those all too forgotten winning secrets.

btc:

Bitcoin - it blazed the trail into the mainstream for all Crypto's. It's the defacto RESERVE Crypto already. The one that all others are now measured by, even fiat too is suddenly being measured in bitcoins.

Fact is Bitcoin has already sealed 1st place. And to claim it doesn't have it's act together in this tread is pure heresy. And to claim Bitcoin isn't suddenly working on scores of projects to further solidify it's stranglehold merely proves the OP hasn't paid anywhere near enough attention to the BIG PICTURE behind Bitcoin's success.

But he certainly get's an A+ for suggesting to have at least 50% of one's Crypto Portfolio in Bitcoin. I myself have 2/3's now. And that is what I estimate will be Bitcoin's overall marketshare, of the entire world. Or more, unless others fast get their race faces on and get into maximum overdrive, with no fear to push forward and near light speed. That is what it will likely take to keep Bitcoin from grabbing at least 2/3's the entire marketplace, all to it's self. It and all the other things that are being designed and built ON TOP of the Bitcoin Protocol.

Fact is EVERY other Crypto is so far behind Bitcoin in every last respect it's truly laughable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toss in that a new, extremely well marketed Crypto named DOGE came out of nowhere and captured such demand and support that it's leaped into the forefront of all Crypto's except for just Bitcoin fully deminstrates my premise here.

Where am I going with this?

Well I laid out the foundation of that above.

I began a new thread this week: 

**2014 is THE RACE to the Mainstream Marketplace**
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450232.msg4954269#msg4954269

Best review that long and winded opening post that isn't very popular, but vital for the winners to seek guidance from.

The very reason I did start that thread was because the overwhelming majority of alternatives and competitors to Bitcoin are all half asleep, with precious few exceptions.

Sure some have communities actively trying to get their coins thrust into the mainstream, and their all failing so far. Horribly.

The Winners:

Toss in that whom ever gets there 1st seals the deal, and locks up market share for themselves, and the point is this: You snooze, you lose. Once 2, 3, or 4, maybe a few more, grab marketshare, it's almost all gone. And I for one am not convinced any more than 2 or 3 at most will ultimately grab much market share. I will leave out why here. READ the other thread.

btc:

Bitcoin is the 1st Crypto that breakthrough. It may not be the most technically wonderful, but it's plenty sound enough to seal the deal with the marketplace, and of course it's an evolving technology itself. After all it's the revolutionary wonderkind. The first of it's kind. What started it all. And has an enormous lead over all my other favorite Crypto's.

Point being those here everyone here can hash it out why this or that is so wonderful, and argue over scores of things, or spread fud, or claim why xyz is better than abc, but all that is mere distraction to reality. This is 2014, not 2012, or early 2013. Suddenly this is HAPPENING.

The next 4 to 6 months:

The next several months seals up the majority of the mainstream marketplace for the ultimate winners going forward for at least the next generation (18 to 21 years). If not many generations to come.

And while many here are wasting precious time Bitcoin grows ever stronger.

And Coins such as DOGE is also eating everyone's lunch and dinner too.

The Marketplace:

Like it or not it's BRANDING, MARKETING, PROMOTION, and FORCING one's Crypto into the mainstream is exactly what will determine the Winner(s), and the rest are merely going to all be Losers that painfully wither and fade away.

Maybe that's not fair, that the "best structured crypto(s) wont win. Too bad. That's life. Fact is hardly anyone understands just how huge the force behind Bitcoin truly is. What with lobbying teams, legal teams, full time employees, scores of dedicated volunteers, and the fact is their finally working triple time to make Bitcoin ultra easy for everyone to very soon utilize, for anything, anywhere.

I read a lot of misinformation in this thread concerning Bitcoin. Likely it's because their not burning both ends of the candle analyzing the Big Picture, and since their perspective is absolutely warped in favor of their own favorites their seeing many things through foggy lenses.

Bitcoin has SEALED THE DEAL:

The entire Crypto-Community owes an enormous amount of thanks to Bitcoin. Bitcoin did it all by itself. With help from no other Crypto.

And if any alternative cares to compete in this race to the winners circle they had best realize they had better get a real new grip on reality, or they too are going to lose. Because anyone not already in the race by this coming summer is almost certain to be a loser.

Peercoin:

It's arguably the 1st alternative to Bitcoin, or maybe even it's sucessor for particular economic fundamental needs. Simply put it's a better Medium of Exchange, where as Bitcoin is arguably a better Store of Value. I wont discuss economic theory with Engineers and Mathematicians here, I wont waste my time or theirs. Nor others. Your all far too late to that game to try and wrestle sense in that arena, and have likely been led astray there already. Suffice to say it's going to be the Marketplace and Policy Makers, along with the most wealthy and powerful forces, and not any of us here deciding all the major victories, or what is utilized for what.

Bitcoin has already won 1st place: and lapped the entire field at least a few times. And is only growing ever stronger, and pulling further ahead of the entire field. Like it or not this is a competition. This is real Capitalism. Something not practiced hardly at all, except by real, true, small businesses, in the Private Sector.

Best read my thoughts and re-focus to spring board your favorite Crypto's into the mainstream, darn fast, or those that do, even the Litecoin knockoff Doge will surely end up blowing away all the rest of the competition. Watch with shock and horror as it does just that if the rest wont directly race DOGE.

The reader will just have to suffer through a long winded thread I created at the link above to fully grasp why I state what I have here, and why I responded here (I desire for the better Crypto's to win).

But all I can do is inspire communities to put the required efforts in to make that happen.

So far it's just like there is no pit crew chiefs, there is no strong marketing and promotions. Their are no coordinators, no front line key employees. No Management worthy.

No one else but DOGE is making enough music, that us old dogs thought was static and mere noisy attitude.

By default Bitcoin has won the race.

And by default #2, #3, and any other winners, if there are any other bigger winners, will likely all end up winning simply because the other communities couldn't get their acts together fast enough.

In others words too little, too late. And not retaining the required Marketing experts to make faster progress than anyone else.

It's laughable how the endless debates are all about who's better, and why, and who's a scam and why. And how this one it this, that one is that, bla bla bla. While giving away at least 1/2 of the entire mainstream marketplace to Bitcoin, already.

Get a grip. Get it together.

Winners don't make up excuses.

And real class never relentlessly displays no class at all.

It's been a major disappointment to realize that suddenly a new phase is upon this Decentralized Crypto Revolution, yet the main actors can't see the forest for the trees. Nor the road ahead. I just summed it up here. The other directions and reasons are at the link.

Tread carefully. And wisely, and best get your race faces on, if you have one.

Otherwise, just put it almost all in Bitcoin instead, because anything else will likely end up an act of futility at the rate things are crawling ahead in almost every crypto community, save just a handful.

And I already know none here can even rattle off more than two or three of the 5 or 6 that are dead set on winning, at all costs, much to their surprise, if they knew who was really who!

There was a lot of good info here.

And a lot of wasted efforts and data.

Thankfully I learned to read and skim through damn fast when required.

So after another 24+ hour nonstop day, I am retiring for shut eye. It's been 24 to 60 hour nonstop days for myself, at least half the time, for many months now, just to keep up with this revolution as best as is required for my own future, just to get out of the deep hole the banksters and wall street stuck myself in. Aong of course with myself. But no matter what, I will win again. Just like I did when I beat all of them from 2008 through 2009. Right before they retroactively broke all the rules, and stole it all away, and then of course rewarded their very own failures, and everyone elses, except of course making those like myself whole again.

I can't stand to lose. And I absolutely live to win.

Sadly I don't see hardly any Capitalists around anymore. What a pity.
===========================================

Caveat emptor (for all the good that will do).

...that was the longest string of random thoughts with no substance I have ever read. Can't believe I wasted time skimming through it...not once does it actually say anything beyond "Bitcoin was 1st, so it will win". Why did that take so many words?? My head hurts... Huh
moriartypants

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:00:30 PM

Thanks for doing Maxcoin in such a timely manner!
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:08:54 PM

...WALL OF WIN...

...that was the longest string of random thoughts with no substance I have ever read. Can't believe I wasted time skimming through it...not once does it actually say anything beyond "Bitcoin was 1st, so it will win". Why did that take so many words?? My head hurts... Huh

I'm just gonna quote this, cause I did the same and it made me laugh.  Grin
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:21:25 PM

But MAX has Max continuing the quality media hype as well! You're not addressing the main Q.

The points in that category aren't for the quality of the developer team . . . but rather if there is a system in place to ensure sustained development. For MMC, the devs are actually hired by the blockchain - some of the mining rewards are allocated directly to the dev team. That ensures there will always be funds to pay devs to continue development. No other coin has that.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:51:33 PM

But MAX has Max continuing the quality media hype as well!

Really, I do wonder if he will keep pumping this. It's really hurting his credibility.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: