Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: would you rent or buy the hardware for mining?  (Read 511 times)
r_r (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:49:22 PM

hello,

as you may have figured out by my username and postcount, i am a noob. i have tried solo mining bitcoins for fun about a year ago and fortunately gave up. now, i came back to digital crypto currency and tried mining multiple altcoins with my regular notebook's nvidia gpu designed for renderingin a pool- but the performance is also quite terrible, i get 20Mh/s top and most of the pools don't even register me as hashing.

now i wouldn't like to give up here yet. i was thinking of maybe buying a rig but i'm not sure i'm ready to invest my 4 months salary into buying something that i just wanted to enjoy doing for fun. i have seen some services offering rigs for renting and i would like to ask more experienced users whether is this a reasonable option and whether do they have any experience with renting services. or just overall, any recommendations Smiley
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

If you rent mining power, you will mine less Bitcoins than you pay for this service.

If you preffer some fun, use your GPU to mine new Scrypt altcoins and hope for pump stage and sell for BTC (dont be too greedy or you will not sell before dump come).
r_r (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:06:18 PM

well, the thing is, i would totally love to use my gpu to mine for fun. i have even tried mining new USDe, but like i said, with my 20MH/s i can't really do anything and the pools didn't even register me. i have been googling around and see there's this inexpensive "usb antminer" which is supposed to be 1GH/s. are those any good?

by the way, what do you mean by "sell before dump"?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: