Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of funding committee do you like most ?
A funding committee which make detail plans - 34 (26.8%)
A funding committee follow "open bounty" concept - 69 (54.3%)
No committee- everything needs a community's poll - 22 (17.3%)
Others - 2 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT - Voting on the scope of authority of the funding committee  (Read 3634 times)
NxtChoice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:09:53 AM

We need to change with the change in a changing market, so I choose the open bounty. Of course, every funding and bounty should be transparent.
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:11:24 PM

The biggest problem with having a strict "open bounty" committee is that less will get done and slower.
Obviously we'll need to have bounties, but a lot of the projects we are already working on and have been working on for a month is a lot more complex than that and needs to bring in people from the outside.
And a lot of these decisions need to be made quickly.

And where do we hold the decisions? Definitely not on BTT; there are more active NXTers at nextcoin forum so it's only sensible to have it there.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:14:35 PM

Only if members of such foundation are NOT paid.

can you please make that clear that it would be a commitee that is NOT paid in any way.?

thank you

Pin

Sure committee members should not be paid.

thank you

Yeah, why would we pay the guys who do all the organizing, finding the talents, handing out tasks, coming up with tasks, beta-testing projects, proof checking everything and do most of the work. That'd be crazy

It would be much less fun believe me.

With not paid that means by community fund, if there are private sponsors I have nothing against it.

Pin

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:48:44 PM

can you please make that clear that it would be a commitee that is NOT paid in any way.?

thank you

Pin

thank you

Yeah, why would we pay the guys who do all the organizing, finding the talents, handing out tasks, coming up with tasks, beta-testing projects, proof checking everything and do most of the work. That'd be crazy

With not paid that means by community fund, if there are private sponsors I have nothing against it.

Pin

It's pretty obivous that people deserve to get paid for their work though. If the committee has to put in tens of hours per week they deserve NXT for their work. Noone should have to work for free to make other people tons of money, that's just common sense.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:51:23 PM

thank you

Pin

thank you

Pin

It's pretty obivous that people deserve to get paid for their work though. If the committee has to put in tens of hours per week they deserve NXT for their work. Noone should have to work for free to make other people tons of money, that's just common sense.

I think you forget two most important people behind NXT : BCNext and Luc are working without pay.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

So BCnext and Luc got zero NXT from genesis?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:29:14 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 02:56:03 PM by utopianfuture

They have a lot. But people who don't have big interest in NXT should not be in the funding committee anyway and that's why funding committee will likely work without pay.

If you want to be paid, submit a project and be a project manger; you can be paid that way. And keep in mind, coordinating marketing and promotion could also be a project.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

They have a lot. But people who don't have big interest in NXT should not be in the funding committee anyway and that's why funding committee will likely work without pay.

If you want to be paid, submit a project and be a project manger; you can be paid that way. And keep in mind, coordinating marketing and promotion could also be a project.

Me, Nifty and Salsa has been doing this for a long time already. We started this in mid December.
The point is: a person in the committee should not have to be a stakeholder, this is about doing good work and getting paid for what you do.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:06:34 PM

Me, Nifty and Salsa has been doing this for a long time already. We started this in mid December.
The point is: a person in the committee should not have to be a stakeholder, this is about doing good work and getting paid for what you do.

Implementing projects, doing good works and getting paid falls into project manager's category. I am here before you. Sorry, but what's reason for all these whining ?

You can still be in the committee if the community trusts you but it is not going to be a paid job.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

Implementing projects, doing good work and getting paid falls into project manager's category. I am here before you. Sorry, but what's reason for all these whining ?

You can still be in the committee if the community trusts you but it is not going to be a paid job.

To be honest: I have no clue what you've done for NXT, but I am sure it's great due to the audacity you are displaying.
But me, salsacz, nifty, justabit etc. have been working dilligently for over a month, so please don't act like you are the god of NXT, you do not decide these matters.

Me and salsa have already discussed these issues and we think a salary for committee members are fair. Obviously it's up for vote, but it's not something you decide, sorry, NXT is decentralized. You are clearly not a part of this mentality and should probably not be in the committee if you honestly believe that you can make decisions for everyone
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

Implementing projects, doing good work and getting paid falls into project manager's category. I am here before you. Sorry, but what's reason for all these whining ?

To be honest: I have no clue what you've done for NXT, but I am sure it's great due to the audacity you are displaying.
But me, salsacz, nifty, justabit etc. have been working dilligently for over a month, so please don't act like you are the god of NXT, you do not decide these matters.

Me and salsa have already discussed these issues and we think a salary for committee members are fair. Obviously it's up for vote, but it's not something you decide, sorry, NXT is decentralized. You are clearly not a part of this mentality and should probably not be in the committee if you honestly believe that you can make decisions for everyone

Do as you wish. And yes this is a decentralized network.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:32:38 PM

Do as you wish. And yes this is a decentralized network.

So you're just going to ignore the authoritarian speak of your last posts?
The only argument I have made is that if people do good work, they deserve to get paid for it. That's just common sense, NXT is about revolutionizing economics, not going back to slave labour.

Personally I am willing to be a committee member without pay, but I don't like the idea of "only big stakeholders should have the power!" like you suggested.
They already hold significant market manipulation power that they can abuse, I do not think it's a good idea to automatically make these committee members just because they got in early on NXT.
Don't get me wrong, there are several nice stakeholders like klee, neer.g, aldrin etc. but NXT being decentralized means the committee members should also be decentralized and chosen based on their dedication to NXT and nothing else.

And it's also time that we include the majority of the NXT community in on these choices, unless you don't pay attention at all, the vast majority of NXTers are active on nextcoin.org and not in the BTT thread. It's completely wrong to let just a few guys here decide the NXT fund and committee
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:54:55 PM

Are you nut? Committee members will be voted by the community. The pay issue could also be voted by the community. But I would say that it is very likely to be a job without pay. That is my guess. I am not going to force this issue on anyone.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:02:47 PM

Are you nut? Committee members will be voted by the community. The pay issue could also be voted by the community. But I would say that it is very likely to be a job without pay. That is my guess. I am not going to force this issue on anyone.

I wont waste more energy on this discussion, especially as you are backtracking and not takng responsibility of what you had already said regarding "COMMITTEE MEMBERS WILL NOT BE PAID" and so on. And "I am here before you" bs
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

Uniqueorn doesn't understand that the committee Utopianfuture is talking about will have only one function:

- voting about accepting bounty requests

It means - this job needs responsibility, experience, intelligence... But not much time
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

I wont waste more energy on this discussion, especially as you are backtracking and not takng responsibility of what you had already said regarding "COMMITTEE MEMBERS WILL NOT BE PAID" and so on. And "I am here before you" bs

I am not a native English speaker. So perhaps you get me wrong. But in any case, never consider my saying a representative of nxt community, anything is just my opinion.

You need to reconsider your manner. You have been very rude to me who is actively working for the benefit of nxt. That attitude would not serve you well.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:20:52 PM

Don't you just love decentralised decisionmaking? Smiley

At the moment we are all starting to shout at each other because we are invested in Nxt. Not just with money, I mean as an idea and something we want to make happen.

That's GOOD!

The fact that we sometimes have totally different ideas of how to achieve this is also good. It means we are getting new ideas and evolving our model.

However, we are starting to reach the point where we are unwilling to listen anymore.

I sincerely hope we all can take a deep breath and can try to get to what we want again.

Nxt is growing and that will mean loads of people with different opinions coming in.

That's hard to deal with, however way you slice it, but it will happen.

Found this nice article in the NEX thread, by the way. It struck a chord regarding the issues in this topic at the moment: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-18/grunt-funds-are-trending-in-startup-circles

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
embicoin

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:58:01 PM

If at the end the committee is the final option, I suggest thinking about criterion for the members, to avoid any possible kind of corruption, one idea could be to select between the 1000 or 5000 richest NXTers, this way they shouldn't be tempted by bribery for taking any decission.

If we (the community) take care about those details, any risk to fail in the development of the coin is minimized, imho.

If you want to support my contributions to the crypto space with some caffeine or a beer in form of satoshis: BTC 17z1x4gr1GsjM7Tgh5qYamDNrAx3LvrpTa Wink Thank you very much!!!
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:50:01 PM

To me, the payment for being on a committee is that my NXT becomes more valuable.

A committee is going to be guiding NXT for a long, long time.  Long after the unallocated 10M NXT is gone.  After it's gone, where is the payment for a committee coming from?

I am voting for no payment of committee members.  Volunteering is commitment.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

To me, the payment for being on a committee is that my NXT becomes more valuable.

A committee is going to be guiding NXT for a long, long time.  Long after the unallocated 10M NXT is gone.  After it's gone, where is the payment for a committee coming from?

I am voting for no payment of committee members.  Volunteering is commitment.

Easy to say when you are in the top 50 though.
Me, salsacz, justabit, nifty etc. who has done sooo much for NXT don't have a big stake.
I got NXT added to BTER, I wasn't really rewarded shit for it. We sent Nifty to the Bitcoin conference where he KILLED it and noone was rewarded for it.
How are we supposed to be paid for the fact that we are a huge part of the reason for NXT's success?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: