Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of funding committee do you like most ?
A funding committee which make detail plans - 34 (26.8%)
A funding committee follow "open bounty" concept - 69 (54.3%)
No committee- everything needs a community's poll - 22 (17.3%)
Others - 2 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT - Voting on the scope of authority of the funding committee  (Read 3641 times)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:18:26 PM

To me, the payment for being on a committee is that my NXT becomes more valuable.

A committee is going to be guiding NXT for a long, long time.  Long after the unallocated 10M NXT is gone.  After it's gone, where is the payment for a committee coming from?

I am voting for no payment of committee members.  Volunteering is commitment.

Easy to say when you are in the top 50 though.
Me, salsacz, justabit, nifty etc. who has done sooo much for NXT don't have a big stake.
I got NXT added to BTER, I wasn't really rewarded shit for it. We sent Nifty to the Bitcoin conference where he KILLED it and noone was rewarded for it.
How are we supposed to be paid for the fact that we are a huge part of the reason for NXT's success?
no, even if you create a FIRST bounty gdoc, lead it transparent, even at that time crazy fanatics come and hunt you down like you were some waste.

I was helping Nxt 12 hours a day for free and what did I get? Stupid hysterical fanatical Witchhunt?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=104283;sa=showPosts

There is 200 Nxt especially for the conf. Other coins could be borrowed from the same acc from NxtMarketing, but it would be nice to give them back, because conferences have too high budget. There is already a loan for the radio spot (currently 250k). In past there were big discussions about funds, so I quickly published this acc, where I already had 100k before CFB's donation, so then I sent them to the different account.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=15

Can you tell the community to which account you have sent 100k please thank you

please quote me he has me on ignore

have to quote myself:

100k missing in marketing account and no one cares?!

I think you are getting a bit overly worked up at the moment, even if the question is valid...

Can we have an answer to this, please?

Tempers are running a bit hot today.  Smiley

no what answer?
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:24:10 PM

Accusing salsacz is plain stupid.
Seriously wtf is wrong with this community? I have never seen so much drama over nothing.
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:37:04 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 11:48:34 PM by Zahlen

Seriously wtf is wrong with this community? I have never seen so much drama over nothing.

It is not the entire community that's doing it.

Found this nice article in the NEX thread, by the way. It struck a chord regarding the issues in this topic at the moment: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-18/grunt-funds-are-trending-in-startup-circles

Very interesting, thanks for the share! I'd been thinking of something like the grunt fund idea for a while now (way back before Nxt started). A lot of good things that people do go uncredited. I'm not convinced divvying up a pot according to "equity metrics" is the way to go though. (At least, what the article describes seems far from comprehensive enough to cover what people can bring to the table.) I'm thinking more along the lines of people giving each other "kudos", maybe similar to how reddit karma and DOGE tipping work. So it's a very social thing. But need to figure out deal with "karma whoring" (in real world terms, sucking up to the crowd) and stuff like that.

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:26:58 AM

It is not the entire community that's doing it.

True and I don't imply that it is, but it is far too much negativity and random bullshit filling up this community.
We can't have people questioning eachother in such a manner, especially when there is not even preliminary evidence suggesting anything.
It causes uncertainty that is not needed in the cryptoworld where a lot of people are paranoid and nothing is 100%
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:20:02 AM

I ran the first and biggest bounty  thread and managed over 2M private fund so far for Nxt, so I believe I can put some words here as one:

I am for open bounty systems, and the committee which may hold the fund should have only one function: to approve the bounty when it is voted by the community pool or verified by the core devs (or both), and then release the bounty fund when the winner is determined by the community or the devs (or both).

This committee should not be paid, the members are volunteers who take the pain and give the time to secure the funds and to allocate funds for decided bounties (believe me, it will take so much time and responsibility). Also among the holders there should be one or two big stake holders (with the main key to the funds accounts) who have not much financial motives to rub and run..

Also one essential condition, no matter you choose the open bounty or the detailed planning system, all approved bounties should be free with equal opportunity for anyone to participate. Any pre-assignment or giving more tech-info support to some special participants of a certain bounty should only result in elimination of that participant from the competition, by the committee's authority!

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:28:43 AM

I ran the first and biggest bounty  thread and managed over 2M private fund so far for Nxt, so I believe I can put some words here as one:

I am for open bounty systems, and the committee which may hold the fund should have only one function: to approve the bounty when it is voted by the community pool or verified by the core devs (or both), and then release the bounty fund when the winner is determined by the community or the devs (or both).

This committee should not be paid, the members are volunteers who take the pain and give the time to secure the funds and to allocate funds for decided bounties (believe me, it will take so much time and responsibility). Also among the holders there should be one or two big stake holders (with the main key to the funds accounts) who have not much financial motives to rub and run..

Also one essential condition, no matter you choose the open bounty or the detailed planning system, all approved bounties should be free with equal opportunity for anyone to participate. Any pre-assignment or giving more tech-info support to some special participants of a certain bounty should only result in elimination of that participant from the competition, by the committee's authority!

Nah...This is basically just a bounty system, we have already tried this and it just doesn't work.
It's not efficient enough. The entire point of releasing the marketing fund is so we can get to cracking.
There'd be soooo much stuff done already if the community wasn't so goddamn paranoid and unable to come to any conclusions.
Putting everything up for vote for the entire community will take too much time.

That's why I'd rather want a big committee. Like 10 people who have a proven track record of being deeply involved in NXT.

As for having a big stack. I don't think that is a fair requirement at all. Just because someone got lucky and got in early on NXT does not give them any more credibility. Not at all, unless that person has also donated big amounts. If not: the person is nothing but a random person who got lucky with NXT. That is simply not a achievement that should weigh anything. We already have plenty of examples of BIG stakeholders (10+ million) who still sign up on giveaways for as little as 1 NXT.
Greed never ends so your reasoning doesn't hold water.
bybitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:34:33 AM

Nah...This is basically just a bounty system, we have already tried this and it just doesn't work.
It's not efficient enough. The entire point of releasing the marketing fund is so we can get to cracking.
There'd be soooo much stuff done already if the community wasn't so goddamn paranoid and unable to come to any conclusions.
Putting everything up for vote for the entire community will take too much time.

That's why I'd rather want a big committee. Like 10 people who have a proven track record of being deeply involved in NXT.

As for having a big stack. I don't think that is a fair requirement at all. Just because someone got lucky and got in early on NXT does not give them any more credibility. Not at all, unless that person has also donated big amounts. If not: the person is nothing but a random person who got lucky with NXT. That is simply not a achievement that should weigh anything. We already have plenty of examples of BIG stakeholders (10+ million) who still sign up on giveaways for as little as 1 NXT.

Who are you?? you have 3 weeks btt history!
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:38:55 AM

nextcoin.org forum, global moderator, been leading several marketing campaigns since mid december.
bybitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:55:07 AM

nextcoin.org forum, global moderator, been leading several marketing campaigns since mid december.
You speak so aggressive with active Nxt people, this is rude, no matter what your reasoning are.
Nextcoin.org is not the official forum of Nxt community, worse it has dgex origin, much worse there has been a bounty pool scandal there (the keeper who has been a moderator there, just ran with the accumulated donation pool money). Also as I said in early December, I could not get how some members of nextcoin forum has 5 stars hero status, though the entire forum has less than three months history?! (when I said it was less than 3 weeks history)
The point of having some well known and rich stake-holders among the fund keepers is that, a person holding 20M and having a nice btt and also Nxt history and reputation would less likely rub and run away (but yes it could happen too, though the probability is very small).
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:00:10 AM

I ran the first and biggest bounty  thread and managed over 2M private fund so far for Nxt, so I believe I can put some words here as one:

You speak so aggressive with active Nxt people, this is rude, no matter what your reasoning are.
Nextcoin.org is not the official forum of Nxt community, worse it has dgex origin, much worse there has been a bounty pool scandal there (the keeper who has been a moderator there, just ran with the accumulated donation pool money). Also as I said in early December, I could not get how some members of nextcoin forum has 5 stars hero status, though the entire forum has less than three months history?! (when I said it was less than 3 weeks history)
The point of having some well known and rich stake-holders among the fund keepers is that, a person holding 20M and having a nice btt and also Nxt history and reputation would less likely rub and run away (but yes it could happen too, though the probability is very small).

omg.... I speak agressively to idiots who either lie about something or someone who over and over and over again mess up the process. The fact that you are so unaware of nextcoin (IT HAS 4500 members) is a testament to your ignorance of NXT in general.

As for your attack on dgex: DGEX did indeed fuck up with the fees. He has admitted it and lowered the fees. He has explained himself and whether you accept his explanation or not is 100% irrelevant for this discussion. The fact that you are trying to discredit the work and 4500 membership by appealing to this topic in a way to try to discredit every nextcoiner is just disgusting.
And your point about DrexMe, well he was a trusted member here too. EpicThomas was exclusively here on BTT. As if someone of us could've known that a dedicated member would do that shit? Again a cheap ass attack on nextcoiners. Fuck you for that.

Me, nifty, salsacz and justabit all have origin back in nextcoin. We have collaborated since then. That is where we started our marketing campaigns. A LOT of what you see in the NXT ecosystem is due to nextcoin members, so please try to be a little more respectful and coherent when you speak of 4500 NXTers, ok?

I have already talked plenty with CfB about this on Skype. I have proposed several ways to ensure that noone runs away with the NXT. Among these are: if you volunteer you ahve to reveal your identity to CfB, so if you bail, we know your identity. Seeing as this is voluntary noone should have aproblem with it.
bybitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

I ran the first and biggest bounty  thread and managed over 2M private fund so far for Nxt, so I believe I can put some words here as one:

omg.... I speak agressively to idiots who either lie about something or someone who over and over and over again mess up the process. The fact that you are so unaware of nextcoin (IT HAS 4500 members) is a testament to your ignorance of NXT in general.

As for your attack on dgex: DGEX did indeed fuck up with the fees. He has admitted it and lowered the fees. He has explained himself and whether you accept his explanation or not is 100% irrelevant for this discussion. The fact that you are trying to discredit the work and 4500 membership by appealing to this topic in a way to try to discredit every nextcoiner is just disgusting.
And your point about DrexMe, well he was a trusted member here too. EpicThomas was exclusively here on BTT. As if someone of us could've known that a dedicated member would do that shit? Again a cheap ass attack on nextcoiners. Fuck you for that.

Me, nifty, salsacz and justabit all have origin back in nextcoin. We have collaborated since then. That is where we started our marketing campaigns. A LOT of what you see in the NXT ecosystem is due to nextcoin members, so please try to be a little more respectful and coherent when you speak of 4500 NXTers, ok?

I have already talked plenty with CfB about this on Skype. I have proposed several ways to ensure that noone runs away with the NXT. Among these are: if you volunteer you ahve to reveal your identity to CfB, so if you bail, we know your identity. Seeing as this is voluntary noone should have aproblem with it.
Okay monkey you can ask about who I am from CfB or salsacz, or klee or Pouncer or whoever you know as a leader. You seem to have no respect for anybody here, no matter who he is and what he has done.
Drexme was not a trusted member here, he had about 2 weeks history account, asked me several times to give him some donation from my 2M bounty pool (which I declined).
About dgex, nextcoin.org and their doing, I have responded its boss in the other thread much before. I guess you are too little of a piece of shit to be responded on this!
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

Okay monkey you can ask about who I am from CfB or salsacz, or klee or Pouncer or whoever you know as a leader. You seem to have no respect for anybody here, no matter who he is and what he has done.
Drexme was not a trusted member here, he had about 2 weeks history account, asked me several times to give him some donation from my 2M bounty pool (which I declined).
About dgex, nextcoin.org and their doing, I have responded its boss in the other thread much before. I guess you are too little of a piece of shit to be responded on this!

I don't know anyone as a leader. I know CfB as a great developer and one of the keystones in NXT, aswell as a paid coder for NXT. I know Klee as a great guy who got similar ideas as me on how to market NXT. I know Salsacz as a collaborator from nextcoin and one of the most trusted NXTers in my eyes.
The fact that you brought up DGEX as a argument is just sad and pathetic. Wtf do I have to do with DGEX?
I have no stake in DGEX. I was made moderator of the forum because I was voted in as Lead organizer over at nextcoin because I was one of the first to take initiative and focus on marketing strategies at a time when noone prioritized it. So you clearly don't know NXT history. And you tried to use your ignorance as a way to discredit me and of course that means I get annoyed at you.

bybitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:27:23 AM

So you clearly don't know NXT history. And you tried to use your ignorance as a way to discredit me and of course that means I get annoyed at you.
hehehe, what can I say, well we wait for CfB or klee to come on board and say something...
(or you might have gained little brain and patience to read over Nxt threads here to know it yourself)
Good night idiot!

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

So you clearly don't know NXT history. And you tried to use your ignorance as a way to discredit me and of course that means I get annoyed at you.
hehehe, what can I say, well we wait for CfB or klee to come on board and say something...
(or you might have gained little brain and patience to read over Nxt threads here to know it yourself)
Good night idiot!

Reason and rationality was too taxing on your brain, so you decided not to answer because you knew you had fuckedup, but not man enough to accept it? Ok.

Wtf are we going to wait for CfB and Klee to do? What do you want them to do? They are not in charge of NXT, noone is. That is the point of decentralization.
What I get annoyed about is that you, out of sheer ignorance, decided to discredit the entire nextcoin community, which is the BIGGEST NXT community in existence all due to things that had nothing to do with Nextcoin, or me for that matter.

If you can't own up to that fuckup then please refrain from voicing your own opinions again. Opinions need to either be defended or exchanged for new ones once more information reach your neural networks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: