Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:02:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZeroCash: 2nd gen with anonymization starting from the coinbase transaction  (Read 15218 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:40:40 PM

0,9 GB Public Key? WAAAAAT?

"Set up by a trusted party"

"Propietary source code"

-Jews made it

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lingyong1992

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:48:17 PM

Can you explain it more clearly?
I just want to know more about it .
Maybe it is a good coin.
duola9527

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:55:40 PM

good idea! we need more info.
ymer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

Maybe it is a good coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7LSSE0bRRo

He says that it's better than other previous ideas that required a centralized bank to anonymize and mint coins... then he says that his coin needs a "trusted party" to generate public keys and that it's not open source.

scam Jewcoin

gooby

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

It seems it is really something new!
Can u help introduce more on this project?
Or where can I get more info?

Very interested!

EquinoxManagement - New Reliable Currency
GlobAllCoin -100%IPO-15657191800@163.com
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! | wallet address
lingyong1992

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:11:05 PM

Maybe it is a good coin.

He says that it's better than other previous ideas that required a centralized bank to anonymize and mint coins... then he says that his coin needs a "trusted party" to generate public keys and that it's not open source.

scam Jewcoin

What the meaning of "trusted party" .
I think the trusted party is a centralized bank.
ymer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:13:48 PM

Maybe it is a good coin.

scam Jewcoin

Trusted party is someone that isn't you (or your ZeroCoin client), and since the project is not open source then you will have to trust your key to whoever this guy decides these "trusted parties" are going to be.

This is a centralized coin in disguise.
lingyong1992

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:36:35 PM

Maybe it is a good coin.

scam Jewcoin

Trusted party is someone that isn't you (or your ZeroCoin client), and since the project is not open source then you will have to trust your key to whoever this guy decides these "trusted parties" are going to be.

Why it don't open the source?
ymer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Maybe it is a good coin.

scam Jewcoin

Because they want to control it, but they market it as anonymous and decentralized to attract people to it.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:51:49 PM

I think some of the core developers of bitcoin in the xcp thread already told that this is at most half true
lingyong1992

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:38:55 AM

Maybe it is a good coin.

scam Jewcoin

Because they want to control it, but they market it as anonymous and decentralized to attract people to it.
hahah.....
I see....
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:08:19 PM

Any update?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:16:08 PM

Any update?

Hopefully in 2015.
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:54:38 PM

Look intresting, ill follow this coin on launch

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 11:15:38 AM by AnonyMint

I'm also one of those who can't wait for zerocash.

I expect massive adoption by sites like silk road 2.0 and such. I expect several states declaring it illegal. And of course I expect its value to heavily rise in the middle of war with governments and other negative-hype-raising events.

It'll be grand, my friends.

In the video Dr. Green urged everyone to be cautious about the adoption of the currency -- there's one pitfall if I understand correctly, and that is that since everything is obscured (even the generation of new coins via block subsidy), you can't observe actual inflation in the currency (just try to predict it based on the programming of the source code).  That is, if there were a bug and someone were to generate 2 billion coins (as what happened with Bitcoin), there's no real way to observe that.

Worse than that, if the creator of the master configuration parameters for Zerocash wants he can create unlimited coins and no one will ever know.

This was also true with Zerocoin, except that the counterfeit coins would need to be less than the mints minus spends.

Creating the master key in a ceremony doesn't guarantee the computer isn't backdoored or someone isn't using technology to sniff over the air-gap. And no one will ever know if it was intercepted or not. It is impossible to know the money supply.

Worse yet, 9ms verification is still way too slow to scale to any reasonable number of transactions per block, unless we only allow server farms to be full nodes (well Bitcoin is headed that way any way with one pool controlling more than 50% of the mining hash rate now).

This iteration will never be in a widely adopted serious coin.

They need more years to improve it and for cryptanalysis to vet it. Can you imagine putting this new crypto in a coin then later it is broken and chaos reigns.

Exciting development, but nothing for us to use any time soon.

Actually the original Zerocoin is superior but for a different application.

P.S. Just wait until DarkCoin's CoinJoin is denial-of-service attacked (if necessary I will do it to prove it is vulnerable, will wait until it becomes more popular then bet short on it and DOS-attack it). Tried to tell them that, but they didn't want to listen. Oh well. CoinJoin can't be protected against this because it is a two-step process (not atomic). Go read my debate with gmaxwell in the CoinJoin thread. Blacklisting input addresses is futile.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:23:42 AM

Creating the master key in a ceremony doesn't guarantee the computer isn't backdoored or someone isn't using technology to sniff over the air-gap. And no one will ever know if it was intercepted or not. It is impossible to know the money supply.

I suggest we trust this in the hands of Chris Angel.

P.S. Just wait until DarkCoin's CoinJoin is denial-of-service attacked (if necessary I will do it to prove it is vulnerable, will wait until it becomes more popular then bet short on it and DOS-attack it). Tried to tell them that, but they didn't want to listen. Oh well. CoinJoin can't be protected against this because it is a two-step process (not atomic). Go read my debate with gmaxwell in the CoinJoin thread. Blacklisting input addresses is futile.

iirc drk dev asked you to exploit it in the test net setting but you disappeared.  Huh
It's possible I remember wrong though.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:22:29 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 12:34:46 PM by AnonyMint

iirc drk dev asked you to exploit it in the test net setting but you disappeared.  Huh
It's possible I remember wrong though.

They never PM'ed me as I requested. I don't spend my time monitoring that DK thread that has several pages per day of new posts.

Did they attempt to do anything to deal with DOS-attacks? The problem is that if you blacklist the input address, someone can just go create another input address (even passing through another instance of the mixer). If they are sharing a single blacklist coin-wide, then it is not a decentralized coin (i.e. some pools could lie and cause addresses to become unspendable). Etc, etc, etc.

Nothing in their whitepaper about DOS protection:

http://darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinWhitepaper.pdf

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
illodin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:36:51 PM

Did they attempt to do anything to deal with DOS-attacks? The problem is that if you blacklist the input address, someone can just go create another input address (even passing through another instance of the mixer). If they are sharing a single blacklist coin-wide, then it is not a decentralized coin (i.e. some pools could lie and cause addresses to become unspendable). Etc, etc, etc.

A cost of 0.1 DRK was added that is not returned but distributed to the miners if the client misbehaves, so organizing a dos could become a costly endeavor. Again, possible I got it wrong. Someone else please verify.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:04:36 PM

A cost of 0.1 DRK was added that is not returned but distributed to the miners if the client misbehaves, so organizing a dos could become a costly endeavor. Again, possible I got it wrong. Someone else please verify.

I just replied on that point:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6000702#msg6000702

I am thinking DOS can still occur free-of-charge in the signing of the outputs.

hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

scam Jewcoin
NO GRACIAS JEW.

"Set up by a trusted party"

"Propietary source code"

-Jews made it

Why nobody ban this anti-semite guy?

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam