Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Idea to invest my $41,000 dollars - Litecoins to convert in Bitcoins  (Read 7894 times)
portalufonet (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

Guys, I have $ 41.000 to invest in bitcoins and litecoins, I think it would be better to spend this money on litecoins... hold and wait (I have faith in bitcoins litecoins, this is what motivates me) to convert litecoins in bitcoins, when again LTC/BTC at 0.05 ratio, as has been months ago.

Is it a good idea?

opinions are welcome!

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

I think you should decide on what you believe the future holds and trust your belief. If you think LTC will fail then invest all in BTC. If you think the market will hold a place for LTC alongside BTC in the future then LTC is speculatively a better investment. LTC can grow several orders of magnitude much easier than BTC could do the same because of it's position behind BTC. It can capitalize on the success of BTC very quickly...

I think LTC will grow more than BTC this year but I also think that BTC will go up 300-1000%. We're up against a price wall at the moment with BTC but it's easy to see why... Just dollar cost average until Feb and if the market is still bullish in Feb then I see smooth sailing until at least next year.

I have about 70/30 LTC to BTC right now.

I believe BTC will be a major success but I also think LTC will follow the same path. I think those two will hold the majority of the market share...

I think you can't really go wrong with either. If you're a bull then get in the market ASAP. If you're bearish then now probably isn't the time. You might want to wait until after it hits $10,000 ea if you want less risk...

The way I see it; if we make it to $10,000 before Q2 2015 it's a confirmation that BTC will be adopted as an emerging technology and follow the logistic S-curve and not as a commodity where it follows speculation without the need of widespread adoption... If it can persevere with the inevitable government regulations then we're good.

I'm bullish. I buy some every week... I think it's a revolutionary idea and it's bound to occupy a large part of global trade if you ask me.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:10:53 AM

At this point you can do no wrong with BTC or LTC. They are tied at the hip and both primed for a BIG year
5od0miz3r

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:19:33 AM

https://i.imgur.com/cjYWolw.jpg

DOGE subscribers now on r/Dogecoin = 670
Litecoin subscribers now on r/Litecoin = 68

Now:
DOGE market = $26 M
LITE market = $640 M

In future:
DOGE market = $2,600 M (10,000% return)
LITE market = $1,280 M  (100% return)

Bitcoin is first coin and winner coin.  DOGE is second best coin and to be #1 script coin.

VERY REVOLUTION
WalutowyKrol

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:11:55 AM

It is true that Doge is rising, but problem is in unexperienced players.
I think that it is better to invest such money in BTC. It is very probably that with LTC they will be still growing but Bit (as my personal opinion) will be more promoted and pumped by organizations or simply more and more shops that will allow to pay in BTCitcoins around the world.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:15:06 AM

5od0miz3r if you think a meme can reach litecoin, keep dreaming

dogecoin
very spam

5od0miz3r

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:04:04 PM

Firstus, let me said in my opinion, alt coins will not perform well bitcoin long term.  Bitcoin is first coin and winner coin.  Other coins popular for, what they say in Uzbekistan pump and dump.

But, being said that, the best alt coin if you MUST is DOGE.  Reasoningz:

V FAST, MUCH CONFIRMS

Bitcoin = 10 min  ->  Litcoin = 2.5 min   ->  Dogecoin = 1 min

SO COINS, V RICH

Bitcoin = 21,000,000 BTC  ->  Litcoin = 84,000,000 LTC   ->  Dogecoin = 100,000,000,000 DOGE

SUCH COMMUNITY

r/Bitcoin = 954 online now   ->   r/Litecoin = 130 online now   ->   r/Dogecoin = 823 online now

doge-dice.com (trusted dooglus), doge-road (such highz), doge-tip bot (so generous)

LITECOIN SO SATURATE, DOGECOIN TO MOON

https://i.imgur.com/XpeZZQq.jpg
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:35:49 PM

dogecoin
very spam

I would be the first to agree with you.. but I was kinda shocked to see that Doge has a higher 24h volume on coinmarketcap than Litecoin. It is #2 only to bitcoin. Which is insane for a "joke".
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:57:27 PM

dogecoin
very spam

I would be the first to agree with you.. but I was kinda shocked to see that Doge has a higher 24h volume on coinmarketcap than Litecoin. It is #2 only to bitcoin. Which is insane for a "joke".

Divide the trade volume by the number of coins and look at it that way. If you want to make money with doge you better be a psychic... I can see BTC and LTC lasting in the long term. DOGE; not so much...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

dogecoin
very spam

Those numbers are easily manipulated with a small cap coin. Just dont get caught holding the bag.

Its pretty clear to me that Doge is the new Feathercoin, and if you want to see where Doge's future is, look at where FTC is now (everyone jumped ship after some quick profits).

Its cute. Thats cool. But nobody is going to invest big money. 100% of the hype is generated by miners who love it because.... "many coins!"  "much pump" etc
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

I would invest in a portfolio of BTC Investments.
1. Bitcoin mining companies - buy GHS..money makes money.

2. Some start ps and other angel investments to help Bitcoin/Litecoin businesses flourish. I am an investor in one company they will go on Bankofthefuture in a few weeks so you could buy a few shares of that.

3. Invest in both BTC AND LTC..they will both have their place in the new digital Economy.

4. If you are a good trader put around 5-10% in upcoming alts and play with that money in trading.

5. Find a good nerd to help you build a rig as well. Grin
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:51:37 PM

I only invest in BTC and DOGE personally.  Litecoin is tethered to Bitcoin like a little puppy -  I see no upside to Litecoin at all.

I appreciate Dogecoin is more of a risk, but I have always thought one of the biggest unrealized markets for crypto to capture is the sub dollar market and even the sub cents market.  Dogecoin is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this in my opinion. 
flagel8

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:27:49 PM

In terms of dollarized transaction volume, Dogecoin has become the number 2 crypto behind Bitcoin. Around $9M, while LTC is around $7M. It has gone up relative to BTC about 3X, iirc.

Personally I have never seen any reason to get into LTC. Is it even used anywhere? At least BTC CAN be used, although since most people only hoard it, that point is sort of moot. Dogecoin, otoh, is being used extensively, as a CURRENCY should be.

If, Dog forbid, Bitcoin should fail, due to 51% attacks, ASIC centralization, or disuse, and a Scrypt coin takes over, I fail to see why it would be LTC over the mighty Dogecoin. Which, btw, has been in existence for less than two months...

Sorry to get off topic, OP, but I believe in Bitcoin. And I believe in Dogecoin. But Litecoin, not so much.

Also, I know it is fashionable to say that timing is not important, as long as you think the trend is up, but Heck! Look at the charts! Best of luck to you.
flagel8

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:55:46 PM

Actually, I am guessing that if a merchant took BTC, it probably wouldn't be hard to add LTC functionality to it as well. That being said, I really don't know of many places that take LTC, not that I have looked. Sorry, gotmilk_ if I implied that LTC was not a worthy investment. I really don't know much about it, nor do I own any. Point.

You do misunderstand my intentions for posting. I certainly would not advise the OP to buy Dogecoin at today's price. I expect it to fall soon! But, heh, no guarantees! People seem to be excited about the Doge. Because, you know, cute!

As far as investments go, based on eventual number of coins go, one might expect a BTC:LTC:DOGE
 ratio of roughly 1:4:5000 eventual price. ASSUMING equal market caps. A big assumption! Then you have to figure in the probability of the coin's survival...

YOU CAN NOT SAY TO PEOPLE TO INVEST SO MUCH MONEY IN A COIN WHICH EXSISTS ONLY 3 MONTHS NOW.

Well, no. I hope I didn't imply that he should do so. Especially at current prices. I sure wouldn't.

On the other side... you just have to much of shity dogecoin and you want to sell quick before it goes to history. Right? Even btc-e doesn't want to add it.

LOL! I actually don't want him to buy any right now, because I want the price to decline, so I can buy some more! Well, I'm not sure how much $41K would move the market. I guess not too much, but still...

So you have activity 148...

Glad you brought that up. I've wondered about that stat for a while now. What does that even mean?

5od0miz3r

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

5od0miz3r if you think a meme [DOGE] can reach litecoin, keep dreaming

You know reddit.com/r/Bitcoin?

Mostest upvotes = high-quality smart comment       BTC

Second most = funny joke or meme like "to the moon!!!"      DOGE

Other serious/good posts too late to the party not get much upvotes.  Stay at bottom         LTC + others

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:59:43 AM

If you want to wait the 0.05 ratio, even it do will happen again in the future,  you will find it's hardly to been caught, sometimes it come out when you are asleep, and the next second, the situation may reverse.

Those speculations don't worth you health Grin Grin Grin

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
askhimthatsoon

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:59:41 AM

I wouldn't invest that kind of cash in Litecoin. Litecoin moves more or less with Bitcoin. Litecoins value will go up when more exchange points come into existence, meaning, when more businesses accept it, games use it for in-app purchases etc. It has some of that potential, because bitcoin has more or less priced itself out of the microtransaction market.  But as long as the large majority of all Litecoin transactions are of purely technical or speculative nature, your only upside is a raise in market cap due to people investing in asic miners like crazy, which could make older Litecoins comparatively speaking more seldom and therefore more valuable as the asic investors hord the new coins hoping for ROI worthy exchange rates. But most of that would be fuelled by a desire of repeating bitcoin history and that is a weak foundation - very risky speculation. Imho, if bitcoin continues to get hammered by e.g. political pressure it could crash a few more times and litecoin will crash even harder. Just my 5 cents...

Take the money and build a business around litecoin (or bitcoin) which takes a percentage of transaction volume. You will add value to the currency of your choice, stabilise it and increase the chance of your fractional profit to increase in value due to fundamental growth.
cz_miner

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:24:21 AM

Litecoin is very volatile. As for me, it is more secure to hold funds in Bitcoin. If you want to play with litecoins, you better invest a fraction of your funds to it. I'd recommend 10%.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:28:07 PM

I'd say invest into Bitcoins. If you're not willing to divest into multiple alts through some sort of portfolio mechanism (for the amount of money you are considering, 1 alt isn't enough, and it's way too risky; heck not even two is really enough also; in either case, I would only recommend 25% at the most of your investment), then it may not be worth it to just go into only LTC. BTC is relatively stable and continues to have quite strong indications of a bright future (continued adoption, gaining mainstream traction, etc). Litecoin, while steadily gaining more and more traction, doesn't seem to have as strong of an indication.
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:17:28 PM

Don't invest in scamcoins, you'll get burned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: