Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 877 times)
TheGreatWhatsIt (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:16:47 PM

I hope this counts as my significant post!

In a passing fancy i started researching bitcoin mining in November 2013. The first week of December the same year I loaded up bfgminer on a windows 8.1 machine with two nvidia 760 GTX cards and ripped up a massive 260 mh/s. Well I wanted more. Some ASIC thumb drives later and I'm hooked on sniping cheaper hardware off of eBay until I can roll some coins into better hardware.

Along the way I put together a Raspberry Pi rig with some Red BitFuries. My son is so interested, involved, and excited about learning electronics now that even if BTC trades for $1.00 it was worth the adventure!
nullnull

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:33:30 PM

there are other alternative coins to mine too.  hopefully you are mining in pools, but if not, I'd recommend doing so.  coinwarz.com gives a good idea of what coins are the most profitable to mine at any given time.  you can mine these alternative coins and turn them into bitcoins through exchanges at a faster rate than you can mine actual bitcoins.  just a suggestion for ya.  good luck.
TheGreatWhatsIt (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:34:17 PM

Yes I'm mining on Eligius. I increased my hash rate enough to finally anticipate a payout some time this week.
FuddyMcFudster

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:01:00 AM

Longtime lurker here.

I've been into Bitcoin since early 2012.

I first heard about it for using to donate to Waffles.fm, a music-sharing site.
This was back in 2009.  I even read the Bitcoin wikipedia and thought "what the hell is this! Can't I use paypal or something!"

I'm really kicking myself for not recognizing the significance of the technology back then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: