Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CSS Help Wanted  (Read 1351 times)
praxeologist (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2011, 09:54:28 AM

I've been working on my store website and just started tweaking my Wordpress theme's CSS. It is going okay for a total beginner, but I just have bigger priorities. I think maybe what would be ideal is someone available on Skype to give help here and there when I need it. Setting you loose to just clean up the appearance is an option, but I might also like to buy a block of time where I can just ask questions when I need to in the future.

Please post here or PM me with what sort of time range you are typically available, your price/hr in $ or BTC, some examples of your work, or anything else important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2011, 11:48:54 AM

Hi there. A link to the site would be good.

Also, more details of what sort of changes you would like to see done. I'm not a designer, but I can certainly make things look prettier.

As I really haven't used BitCoin at all for anything, I'm willing to give you a really cheap rate of three (3) bitcoins an hour (normal rate is $40 or there abouts). If you are interested, please post again, and I'll PM you if I'm still interested after seeing the site.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2011, 06:57:57 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2011, 07:15:46 PM by praxeologist

Hrm, you are not a designer but you can actually get $40/hr? I'm kind of looking for someone to give me some tips too, and you would have to discuss the design I want with me anyhow, but it is hard to argue with that price. Do you have examples of your work? I need to add content and organize it today, because that will influence the layout. I'll send you a link when it is ready.

One thing I need to do is fix or replace the slider module because I have no idea why that isn't working. I think that I can fix a few things myself then it is just styling a bunch of widgets and random parts. I have a few trouble spots where I don't understand what is going on or 1x80 pictures are being used in the design.

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 02:03:58 AM

Developer rather than designer. I.e. my principle skill is PHP. However, I know enough CSS to possibly do what you want. I don't actually have a design portfolio online.

I'd rather not commit to anything at the moment until I've had a chance to look over the site.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2011, 10:56:49 AM

I am experienced in html/css. I've styled many web pages from designer templates (not a designer myself). I've never used Wordpress but am experienced with Drupal and Joomla.

I'm sure I can solve your problems, but like 左, I would need to see the site.

Fixing the slider module is an issue that may require access to the web host or a copy of your site to work on. Unless it's just another css issue.

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 12:33:55 AM

Bump, I've also had a lot of experience with WordPress, and think it's a wonderful system. Hint hint.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 05:03:12 AM

Sorry, I've just been too busy and my webhost was completely down for about a day. I'll send you a PM sometime this weekend when I get my small amount of content up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: