Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is most common way to ship internationally?  (Read 557 times)
vesper39 (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:56:31 PM

In dealing with bitcoin related stuff (miners, casascius coins, etc) what is the preferred way to ship these internationally (US as source location)?

Are there custom fees that the seller needs to pay? Do these fees vary depending on the declared value of the item? For example would shipping a 0.1BTC casascius coin oversees differ in price than a 10BTC coin?

Do people tend to fully insure these items at full value, or does that raise suspicion? For example shipping a very expensive miner and declaring it for $30,000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cz_miner

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:55:57 PM

Fedex, DHL, UPS works fine if you need express shipping. EMS works great as well, if you wish to deal with USPS.
Depending on a country, custom fees very, but usually you pay customs for the items, which cost over $300-$500. The lower you declare the value - the smaller customs buyer has to pay. Best way would be to ask the buyer if he wants the full price to be declared or just a fraction of it.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:16:00 PM

When sending expensive items its a good idea to insure it for the full value. Some countries have strict import procedures but if you mark the items as being a gift you can often avoid these. For coins and small items you should be OK but for large mining equipment shipping internationally probably wouldn't be worth it.
Protrader

Activity: 126

Time is Money !!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

Fedex, DHL, UPS are the best methods for shipping internationally
WorldWideBTC

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

In dealing with bitcoin related stuff (miners, casascius coins, etc) what is the preferred way to ship these internationally (US as source location)?

Are there custom fees that the seller needs to pay? Do these fees vary depending on the declared value of the item? For example would shipping a 0.1BTC casascius coin oversees differ in price than a 10BTC coin?

Do people tend to fully insure these items at full value, or does that raise suspicion? For example shipping a very expensive miner and declaring it for $30,000.

Certain items do require customs fees as well as a declaration of export from the seller. Also, you typically DO want to insure your goods at full value (especially with physical coins and/or computer equipment).

Alternately (I figure I'd plug myself here), I'm trying to get a reshipping service started. If you are receiving goods (typically multiple packages) from around the US and want to pay one international shipping fee, I charge shipping cost + 5% in BTC/LTC.

So how it works is this - the items are shipped to me (I don't need to know what I'm receiving). I repackage them (optional, but pretty much a must for multiple items received from multiple sources, or for stealth purposes (use your imagination)) and ship them to you/elsewhere at the lowest rate possible.

This service isn't really for a person-to-person delivery, it's more intended for someone (for instance) in Canada ordering 5 things from different US vendors to avoid 5 international shipping fees.

Anyway, just don't skimp out on the insurance. You don't want to be "that guy" who has a miner damaged and end up losing out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: