Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how does local bitcoins work?  (Read 4103 times)
kashish948 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:01:27 PM

hi
this will be the first time i will be buying via cash deposit from localbitcoins
so how does this actually work?
i deposit money in the sellers bank and tell him that i have paid. what if the seller refuses to send bitcoins? is there an escrow? any experiences with the localbitcoin escrow?

thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:36:28 PM

It's really easy.  I was nervous too but I used it like 3 times in the last couple weeks and it was perfect.  The key is to look for people with the most and best feedback, that means they won't screw you and they know what they're doing.  Yes, you click how much you want to buy and then their account information appears on your screen.  Then you take your cash to the bank and put it in their account number.   THere's nothing fishy about this, banks don't care because they're getting cash.  Then you get a receipt and sometimes the other person asks you to e-mail them a copy of the receipt and you sign back on and mark that you have paid.  Then they release the BTC into your wallet on localbitcoins and then you can withdraw it to your own wallet or wherever you want right away.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:57:56 PM

Go find someone who lives in your place. Place an order with him. You can use the PM system to set terms and other things. Once the payment is made, Localbitcoins will release the escrow.
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:54:09 PM

is that means when you buy for EX By OKPAY ... How localbitcoin escrow the process because you pay to seller

MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:18:14 PM

is that means when you buy for EX By OKPAY ... How localbitcoin escrow the process because you pay to seller
They will escrow the amount of Bitcoin the seller is selling. Of course the seller must agree to enter an escrow. 
cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:23:04 AM

It's really easy.  I was nervous too but I used it like 3 times in the last couple weeks and it was perfect.  The key is to look for people with the most and best feedback, that means they won't screw you and they know what they're doing.  Yes, you click how much you want to buy and then their account information appears on your screen.  Then you take your cash to the bank and put it in their account number.   THere's nothing fishy about this, banks don't care because they're getting cash.  Then you get a receipt and sometimes the other person asks you to e-mail them a copy of the receipt and you sign back on and mark that you have paid.  Then they release the BTC into your wallet on localbitcoins and then you can withdraw it to your own wallet or wherever you want right away.  I was pleasantly surprised.

If I am selling through an escrow on LocalBitcoins, and they deposit into my bank account for IRS purposes how do I explain the sudden extra money in my bank account?
x86Daddy

Activity: 216
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

If I am selling through an escrow on LocalBitcoins, and they deposit into my bank account for IRS purposes how do I explain the sudden extra money in my bank account?
just tell the truth. Cheesy you sell bitcoin. I think many people known about bitcoin now so that is normal
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Here is a step to step guide:

1. Send your bitcoin to your localbitcoins wallet, you will require 3 confirmations.

2. Request for a trade which matches your payment type, in your case cash deposit.

3. Wait for confirmation of payment from the person you are trading with, for cash deposit you should be able to see funds instantly.

4. Click release funds.

Good luck trading.

cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:10:34 AM

just tell the truth. Cheesy you sell bitcoin. I think many people known about bitcoin now so that is normal

If I wanted to report it to IRS, why wouldn't I just sell it via Coinbase or some standard exchange? Am I missing something?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: