Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Bulls out of the wedge but without force  (Read 1836 times)
Lusitanian Trader (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:59:11 PM

This guy keeps drawing pointless lines just to promote his website. Starting to be annoying :/

Do not like, do not read!

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:36:39 PM

Historically speaking, bitcoin can easily take out a few hundred dollars when nobody expects it. just need one unexpected news release.
I really hope it goes your way mate but please have a plan B, and dont risk too much.

No you don't, cos that would mean the value of your own holdings going down.

Anytime that Bitcoin has risen a couple of hundred dollars, nobody has been expecting it much because Bitcoin had been trending within a certain range for quite some period of time prior to run up. Now we are at the wrong side of a bubble/crash event, whenever resistance prices are approached the exchanges are met with a big increase in BTC for sale which pushes prices back down, with each resistance level falling short of the last.

It is an out and out bearish scenario, although there is still always going to plenty upside phases and any bear who bets short during these phases will get their asses handed to them on a plate, as I discovered. Next stop is another crash and bounce at $765, or we drop through this support and fall right down to low $700s. I shall set my short position to close at $765 level (which may be a sure sign that things will fall much lower next time around).

Maybe if you would stop and consider some of the advice you have been given instead of knee-jerk fighting every tip you receive (which serves strengthens your preconceived conclusions) you wouldn't have to lose money in the exact same way half of us have..... Or you can continue to play with shorting BTC short term.  It will either work out eventually, or you will lose all you can afford and leave.  Either way, the problem is solved, from my point of view.  It's just that, personally, I prefer to keep an open mind and reevaluate my opinions frequently rather than being consistently oppositional.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:23:18 PM

Maybe if you would stop and consider some of the advice you have been given instead of knee-jerk fighting every tip you receive (which serves strengthens your preconceived conclusions) you wouldn't have to lose money in the exact same way half of us have..... Or you can continue to play with shorting BTC short term.  It will either work out eventually, or you will lose all you can afford and leave.  Either way, the problem is solved, from my point of view.  It's just that, personally, I prefer to keep an open mind and reevaluate my opinions frequently rather than being consistently oppositional.

Most of the 'advice' I have been given on here would have seen me seriously underwater.

I may be a bit rash, reactionary, and head strong, but by listening to me instead of 'them', I have stayed well in the black throughout these seriously volatile times (I had about 23 BTC coins bought $1100 level which I was advised to 'hold' or cry when I buy them back at $1300).

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:50:22 PM

no cheap coins for bears
we are a patient species
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

Historically speaking, bitcoin can easily take out a few hundred dollars when nobody expects it. just need one unexpected news release.
I really hope it goes your way mate but please have a plan B, and dont risk too much.

No you don't, cos that would mean the value of your own holdings going down.

Anytime that Bitcoin has risen a couple of hundred dollars, nobody has been expecting it much because Bitcoin had been trending within a certain range for quite some period of time prior to run up. Now we are at the wrong side of a bubble/crash event, whenever resistance prices are approached the exchanges are met with a big increase in BTC for sale which pushes prices back down, with each resistance level falling short of the last.

It is an out and out bearish scenario, although there is still always going to plenty upside phases and any bear who bets short during these phases will get their asses handed to them on a plate, as I discovered. Next stop is another crash and bounce at $765, or we drop through this support and fall right down to low $700s. I shall set my short position to close at $765 level (which may be a sure sign that things will fall much lower next time around).

YES I DO!
bulls win, bears win, pigs get slaughtered! I hodl for the long run, you short in the short run, every thing is fine.
and if you want my opinion, it is far from certain that we will see another bubble/crash. have you been talking to proudhon? $850 is cheeeep! its a bloody bitcoin how can you say thats expensive?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: