Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 512 times)
Hrethric (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:08:52 AM

Hi everyone. I've been looking into Quark. It brings something new to the table with its increased security, and doesn't seem to punish people that got in on the game late. I only really started hearing about Bitcoins last year, but didn't get into it before the big boom. That, coupled with the massive difficulty of mining, makes it incredibly hard to get into. I think the best way to get into cryptocurrency is to find one that improves on Bitcoin, and has long-term potential - otherwise people are just going to stay with the tried and true ones (Bitcoin, Litecoin). It's a bit of a craps shoot though because there are SO MANY cryptocurrencies now.

I've seen a lot of people post about altcurrencies, but there haven't been many explanations as to WHY. So my question is, what are the alt currencies that interest you, and why? What do they bring to the table that BTC does not?

Also I tried to post this in an actual pre-existing topic, but I seem to be having trouble posting AT ALL in the newbie forums (it says I've already posted within 6 minutes, even though I don't have a single post to my name).
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:17:58 AM

Also I tried to post this in an actual pre-existing topic, but I seem to be having trouble posting AT ALL in the newbie forums (it says I've already posted within 6 minutes, even though I don't have a single post to my name).

Hello there, I think that logging in counts as posting as in you can't post within six minutes of logging in when you have this restriction.

Keep active on the forums and it will reduce in no time Smiley

Hrethric (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:25:45 AM

Ah, well that makes sense I suppose - even though it was stated in the newbie readme. Wink
Jedok

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:16:49 AM

So my question is, what are the alt currencies that interest you, and why? What do they bring to the table that BTC does not?

From my perspective, the most interesting alt currencies are the ones that grant the most anonymity (Zerocoin comes to mind).  Bitcoin is a great step.  However, it is still traceable.  When an alt currency becomes as mainstream as Bitcoin is today and grant the same anonymity as a fiat cash transaction then we will have something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: