Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:48:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do altcoinstalk and bitcointalk have any kind of connection?  (Read 240 times)
ElcinB (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:13:31 PM

Guys, do altcoinstalk and bitcointalk have any kind of connection? I mean do they have same developers or admins from here?
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:17:56 PM

I don't believe there is any connection between them. This is the forum which have been there from the time bitcoin started, lot of other communities like ethereumforum etc came along, may be the dev/creators of these forums have been and are still members or even mods of this forum, but I don't think the people behind creation of bitcointalk have a reason to make another one for altcoins.
Sulwan2612

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:32:00 PM

Guys, do altcoinstalk and bitcointalk have any kind of connection? I mean do they have same developers or admins from here?

How could we give you an answer if you don't give a complete data, at least give us the link of altcointalk,  it will make us easier to give you an answer for the question. But in my opinion I think it's impossible the creator of bitcointalk creat another forum called altcointalk,  because there is already a sub forum in bitcointalk that discuss about altcoin, 
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:55:34 PM

I think both forums are separate from each other, they just tend to have similar names. Altough, bitcointalk forum is bigger and more famous than altcointalk. Because of that, I'm sticking here , probably forever, haha. About the admins, I think some could be on both forums, but not moderating. I'm on altcointalk too, but mostly don't use it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:07:36 PM

I have an accoub on altcointalk forum and i have not found any connection whatsoever between the two. The moderators are different and there are so many other things that are different from bitcointalk forum.
Marine8

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:13:33 PM

Am not sure there is a link between the two of them. But what am very sure about is that the creator of altcoinstalk has been a member of bitcointalk, and probably even still logs in everyday, and knowing how profitable it will be to have a forum like bitcointalk, he decided to give it a try.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ElcinB (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:56:00 PM

How could we give you an answer if you don't give a complete data, at least give us the link of altcointalk,  it will make us easier to give you an answer for the question. But in my opinion I think it's impossible the creator of bitcointalk creat another forum called altcointalk,  because there is already a sub forum in bitcointalk that discuss about altcoin, 

https://www.altcoinstalks.com here is the link, if you were asking this one
ElcinB (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

I don't believe there is any connection between them. This is the forum which have been there from the time bitcoin started, lot of other communities like ethereumforum etc came along, may be the dev/creators of these forums have been and are still members or even mods of this forum, but I don't think the people behind creation of bitcointalk have a reason to make another one for altcoins.
The reason why am I asking is that, they both really simillar, I mean altcoins talk litteraly copied main features of BTT like design even ranking system
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

The reason why am I asking is that, they both really simillar, I mean altcoins talk litteraly copied main features of BTT like design even ranking system

Once any forum or site become popular then many others will try to copy similar feature to attract users. It is quite common in online and just because of design is similar you can't say both are same. In this forum already have altcoin section then why do they open another dedicated forum for the altcoin discussion?
ll63248555

Activity: 347
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:19:03 PM

Why does the landlord ask this question? Isn't altcoinstalk a bit of bitcointalk? Of course, the managers are bitcointalk administrators! Did I misunderstand?
ElcinB (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:24:29 PM

Am not sure there is a link between the two of them. But what am very sure about is that the creator of altcoinstalk has been a member of bitcointalk, and probably even still logs in everyday, and knowing how profitable it will be to have a forum like bitcointalk, he decided to give it a try.
Another reason coulde be that, it was hard for altcointalks creator to runk up their profile here and then they decided to create their own forum Smiley
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

so far not and until now this bitcointalk remains the best forum I've ever known. much of the information or knowledge I got here that I did not get in other forums.
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:51:43 PM

Yeah i am also wondering about the altcoinstalks forum and i was able to register in that forum. However, i like it here on bitcointalk because there is a bitcoin discussion here and i think i could gain more information here on bitcoin rather than altcoins discussion only. Anyway more member are there also and i guess they are also doing great in that forum since merit is not yet establish and rank where only establish according to the number of post and that is the good thing about altcoinstalks forum.
I think if im not mistaken there is a bitcoin discussion section on altcoinstalk and there is quiet support from the community. However bitcointalk is a lot more or way too establish than altcoinstalk but because of this popularity of bitcointalk it is more entertained by investors and trusted ICO’s whereas in altcoinstalk it is just starting its rally to go up in the forum among the web.
aleksabat

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

I've never heard about altcoinstalk. Let's start with the thing that bitcointalk was created by Satishi Nakamora, and the seconf one fore sure wasn't.

Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:09:41 PM

I don't really think that there's connection between them. Just to clarify things up, are you talking about this site, https://altcoinstalk.org/ ? I think it's like a blogspot, no intermediate connection right there. But based on the replies of the other members, it's some kind of another forum but I can't seem to find it.

Another reason coulde be that, it was hard for altcointalks creator to runk up their profile here and then they decided to create their own forum Smiley

Uhhhh what's the point exactly? Like hell they'll benefit with their forum rank there. And besides, creating a forum would mean he's probably a well-established member here, probably hero-legendary.

Ps: No offense but please do check the spelling if you're not sure, it'll help you improve yourself.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:40:59 PM

both are really similiar, very similiar features and also there also exist a bounty campaign just like here.
And the ranks of the account is also the same.
I think if they're not having a connection, there must be a contract which bitcointalk signed for altcointalks for copying all the fatures from here.
asrafkhairulazzam22

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:02:07 PM

I think it's not the same, they just have a different admin
in bitcointalk is complete about altcoin and bitcoin

kl8847

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:32:03 PM

As for me to be honest I dont have any need to enter altcointalk anymore, scince I stopped doing airdrops, so
ElcinB (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:37:53 PM

I don't really think that there's connection between them. Just to clarify things up, are you talking about this site, https://altcoinstalk.org/ ? I think it's like a blogspot, no intermediate connection right there. But based on the replies of the other members, it's some kind of another forum but I can't seem to find it.

Uhhhh what's the point exactly? Like hell they'll benefit with their forum rank there. And besides, creating a forum would mean he's probably a well-established member here, probably hero-legendary.

Ps: No offense but please do check the spelling if you're not sure, it'll help you improve yourself.
Not really, I was asking about https://altcoinstalk.com , just have a look
P.S:Well it was kind of a joke therefore I put smile in the end.
P.P.S: And thank you for the remark, I'll work harder)
gwensarah1

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:43:34 PM

Can’t say, but they have basically the same purpose, a layman might think the bitcoin talk forum is just associated with topics or discussions about bitcoin while the altcoin talk is for discussions on various altcoins excluding bitcoin which isn’t true, both should serve the same purpose, but have got no idea if they are run by the same admins or developers, if you probably wanna find out more, you can send a pm to the moderators and table your questions to them, you might get an answer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: