Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:08:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] EternalCoin Incoming fork @ block 11800 [Scrypt] on bock 10938  (Read 26676 times)
eternaluniverse (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:47:18 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:09:05 PM by eternaluniverse

Updated goals for version 1.2:
-Change block target time to 1min & 30 seconds (halved)
-Change block reward to 250 ETC (halved)
-difficulty will be now calculated every block

*INCOMING FORK @ BLOCK 11,800*
(this number may change for pool operators convenience)
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:39:46 PM

50 blocks to go, also, my laptop is fixed so I am going to pick it up today.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:16:46 PM

rpc:49883 iits wrong ,why ah ?can't open wallet :winxp 32bit system

I have the same problem. "An error occured while setting up the RPC port 49883 for listening: open: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used."

I used the most updated eternalcoin.conf file:

#EternalCoin Config

server=1
rpcport=49883
port=49884

#change these to anything, can just copy later when needed
rpcuser=YourUsernameHere
rpcpassword=YourPasswordHere

addnode=69.90.132.47
addnode=162.242.156.243
addnode=85.25.146.82
addnode=76.71.156.73
addnode=70.51.155.179
addnode=70.72.14.12
addnode=116.9.109.191
addnode=188.162.38.222
addnode=83.85.56.15
addnode=82.31.140.32
addnode=116.212.203.138
addnode=2.92.65.101
addnode=95.105.19.254
addnode=89.212.99.205
addnode=31.221.88.106
addnode=192.241.215.76
addnode=218.81.107.169
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=54.205.160.65
addnode=46.105.96.190
addnode=54.204.54.238
addnode=54.197.167.39

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.1

#set this to 1 to mine in client
gen=0

#set this to -1 for improved in-client mining
genproclimit=1
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

rpc:49883 iits wrong ,why ah ?can't open wallet :winxp 32bit system

I have the same problem. "An error occured while setting up the RPC port 49883 for listening: open: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used."

I used the most updated eternalcoin.conf file:

#EternalCoin Config

server=1
rpcport=49883
port=49884

#change these to anything, can just copy later when needed
rpcuser=YourUsernameHere
rpcpassword=YourPasswordHere

addnode=69.90.132.47
addnode=162.242.156.243
addnode=85.25.146.82
addnode=76.71.156.73
addnode=70.51.155.179
addnode=70.72.14.12
addnode=116.9.109.191
addnode=188.162.38.222
addnode=83.85.56.15
addnode=82.31.140.32
addnode=116.212.203.138
addnode=2.92.65.101
addnode=95.105.19.254
addnode=89.212.99.205
addnode=31.221.88.106
addnode=192.241.215.76
addnode=218.81.107.169
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=54.205.160.65
addnode=46.105.96.190
addnode=54.204.54.238
addnode=54.197.167.39

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.1

#set this to 1 to mine in client
gen=0

#set this to -1 for improved in-client mining
genproclimit=1

open up cmd prompt and type in this:
netsh int ipv6 install

should work now
tkg

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:30:49 PM

Block 10,000 has been found in Empty42's ETC Pool (etc.easy-mining.net) by miner tkminer. Smiley
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:10:53 PM

Block 10,000 has been found in Empty42's ETC Pool (etc.easy-mining.net) by miner tkminer. Smiley

Congratulations! Can you post your ETC address you want payment sent to?
jenveno

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

freshmarket.co.in has been pwned.

A I R W A L L E T │    The Gold Standard of Airdrops  
 ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
tkg

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:44:43 AM

Hi,
The address to have the bonus sent is:
EXeEsa7JgdGSAUXVE6Gd7tpWP6KVkwXybT

Regards,
tkg
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:05:32 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 08:05:59 PM by eternaluniverse

Hi,
The address to have the bonus sent is:
EXeEsa7JgdGSAUXVE6Gd7tpWP6KVkwXybT

Regards,
tkg
Sent:
Transaction ID: 6fb4b31b0961e1bf840306825096bdcda5421bc02a68d037f5a218a4936243d6

Thinking about making our own exchange to exchange ETC to BTC/LTC/other alts. Even if this is going to be happen it will be a few weeks after 1.2 is released so in the mean time vote for us to get on crypsty and crycurex, and please don't do forum exchanges without an escrow.

also ending block reward for every 10th block
tkg

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:36:19 PM

Hi,

I confirm the bonus safely arrived to my wallet.

Thank you!
clarv

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:13:01 PM

eternal in dictionary

adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ): eternal life.
perpetual; ceaseless; endless: eternal quarreling; eternal chatter.
enduring; immutable: eternal principles.
Metaphysics . existing outside all relations of time; not subject to change.
noun
something that is eternal.
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

whats the purpose of this coin? I am fine with the last one but we need more activity here and more miners.
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:49:27 AM

eternal in dictionary

adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ): eternal life.
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

whats the purpose of this coin? I am fine with the last one but we need more activity here and more miners.

I would prefer for this coin not to get "dumped" but sold for a fair market price Tongue but I agree we do need more activity. I have been busy working on the actual client as of late and as a result the management of the coin has been suffering. I would really like for people who are holding large amounts of ETC to help with the marketing aspects of the coin (if this is not the case I am even willing to pay for people to promote it), as mentioned on earlier posts. There was not much of a community response so Instead I will try to create a position for 1 individual which will be the community liason / ambassador / whatever-they-would-like. Please PM me if you are interested in this as I do have responsibilities other than this coin which have kept me quite busy as well.

If someone can create a faucet I will fund it as well as send them a tip for setting it up / hosting it.

On a positive note: Kimoto Gravity Well works and will be included on version 1.2

The domain has been having some issues as well - I started a support ticket but haven't been updated much since then so I will follow up, but for the time being if you are able to replace "http://eternalcoin.info" with "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423626" In the forum signature add please do so.
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:50:57 AM

Another update: the website is currently being built as well, it will most likely be out within the next few weeks.
clarv

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:00:08 AM

eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

I would prefer for this coin not to get "dumped" but sold for a fair market price Tongue but I agree we do need more activity. I have been busy working on the actual client as of late and as a result the management of the coin has been suffering. I would really like for people who are holding large amounts of ETC to help with the marketing aspects of the coin (if this is not the case I am even willing to pay for people to promote it), as mentioned on earlier posts. There was not much of a community response so Instead I will try to create a position for 1 individual which will be the community liason / ambassador / whatever-they-would-like. Please PM me if you are interested in this as I do have responsibilities other than this coin which have kept me quite busy as well.

If someone can create a faucet I will fund it as well as send them a tip for setting it up / hosting it.

On a positive note: Kimoto Gravity Well works and will be included on version 1.2

The domain has been having some issues as well - I started a support ticket but haven't been updated much since then so I will follow up, but for the time being if you are able to replace "http://eternalcoin.info" with "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423626" In the forum signature add please do so.

Thanks for your answer. I might have a look at some marketing ideas but I need to know the initial idea with the coin, that why I asked using dictionary reference as brainstorming help. The last one was provocative I believe. I have invested in mining this coin a lot so I have interest in this coin being a success. As an experienced developer and designer (both noncrypto) I can help with ideas but I am not sure I have time to implement webpages.
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:33:48 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 05:11:10 AM by eternaluniverse

eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

Thanks for your answer. I might have a look at some marketing ideas but I need to know the initial idea with the coin, that why I asked using dictionary reference as brainstorming help. The last one was provocative I believe. I have invested in mining this coin a lot so I have interest in this coin being a success. As an experienced developer and designer (both noncrypto) I can help with ideas but I am not sure I have time to implement webpages.
I am very happy with the individual that is working on the website, he created the logo as well.

The idea of this coin was a crypto currency in which the total distribution would been completed in what I thought was a short amount of time (after launch looking at other coins, I found out some other coins also have a short distribution time as well). My vision of this coin is a ~2 and a half year period which I would refer to as the "beta" -- only because my goal is to perfect the transaction model that bitcoin is currently using, what I mean by that is finding the correct settings of a crypto currency. A problem with the halving model is that transaction fees will have to take over as an incentive for miners to continue to mine, this seems inevitable to me. The other option would to be to continuously mint money but that would cause inflation, which causes the people who don't even necessarily make transactions to feel the burn. That is why I believe a coin should have mandatory transaction fees set in place (a percentage perhaps) so only the individuals who are moving their money (utilizing the network) would have to pay fees. There had to be a way to distribute the coins and I felt 2 years would be long enough to finalize a protocol and client I am proud of, and not so long that I would lose my patience.

Final Goal:
-The crypto currency would have 210million units in existence (even more in divisible units)
-It would have a (0.05%) transaction fee or a small base fee of 0.01
-Network would have a high enough hash rate so that double spend attacks are unlikely
-Not prone to inflation

Another vision of this coin is that it would actively give back to society either through the voting model I presented or through (0.01%) of all fees going to a treasurer who would allocate the funds to charities depending on community input.

I think it would also be a good idea to focus our marketing push after our website is out, so within a week or two I hope.
clarv

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:17:00 AM

eternal in dictionary

adjective
noun
the Eternal, God.

7.mine and dump

I am very happy with the individual that is working on the website, he created the logo as well.

The idea of this coin was a crypto currency in which the total distribution would been completed in what I thought was a short amount of time (after launch looking at other coins, I found out some other coins also have a short distribution time as well). My vision of this coin is a ~2 and a half year period which I would refer to as the "beta" -- only because my goal is to perfect the transaction model that bitcoin is currently using, what I mean by that is finding the correct settings of a crypto currency. A problem with the halving model is that transaction fees will have to take over as an incentive for miners to continue to mine, this seems inevitable to me. The other option would to be to continuously mint money but that would cause inflation, which causes the people who don't even necessarily make transactions to feel the burn. That is why I believe a coin should have mandatory transaction fees set in place (a percentage perhaps) so only the individuals who are moving their money (utilizing the network) would have to pay fees. There had to be a way to distribute the coins and I felt 2 years would be long enough to finalize a protocol and client I am proud of, and not so long that I would lose my patience.

Final Goal:
-The crypto currency would have 210million units in existence (even more in divisible units)
-It would have a (0.05%) transaction fee or a small base fee of 0.01
-Network would have a high enough hash rate so that double spend attacks are unlikely
-Not prone to inflation

Another vision of this coin is that it would actively give back to society either through the voting model I presented or through (0.01%) of all fees going to a treasurer who would allocate the funds to charities depending on community input.

I think it would also be a good idea to focus our marketing push after our website is out, so within a week or two I hope.

Fantastic answer, I have to make a forensic analysis of what you are saying. You have great long term ideas, I will continue to mine meanwhile.
eternaluniverse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:20:26 AM

I am happy to hear that, I would also put out there that I am now offering a 5k ETC bounty for the next 3 pools to come online. This is in anticipation of the update so we will have more pools running the updated client.
sausageking

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:41:21 PM

hope this coin survives and thrive
sausageking

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

EbCKabLw6RfeaokJFio7fbaTKsR3xkvaP1  thanks eternally
MiningRoad

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:30:00 AM

Follow the good road for mining and come with us on http://eternal.mining-road.com
- Proportional 0% fee
- Vardiff Stratum : stratum+tcp://eternal.mining-road.com:3339
- Powerfull Server (DDOS protected)

Server Spec :

Intel 12 Core Xeon (Dual E5-2620 12 x 2 GHz) CPU
32 GB DDR3 RAM

If you have any question, you can contact us by email "support@mining.road.com".
You can follow us on Twitter : @MiningRoad Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: