Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:19:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running 1 Nvidia and 1 AMD at the same time!  (Read 1190 times)
valkir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:54:49 AM

Hey guys

I know it's bitcoin channel and everyone will tell me do not mine BTC with GPU. I know, I got 40gh in BTC in ASIC.

Ok, Now I got 2 gpu that are sleeping in my house. I will like to know how I can mine with both if they are 2 different company card.

I know how to use Cudaminer and CgMiner but when I start CGminer he choose my nvidia (because she is the main board) and then it crash.

How can I tell CGminer to use the second gpu??

Thank  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:57:16 AM

Hey guys

I know it's bitcoin channel and everyone will tell me do not mine BTC with GPU. I know, I got 40gh in BTC in ASIC.

Ok, Now I got 2 gpu that are sleeping in my house. I will like to know how I can mine with both if they are 2 different company card.

I know how to use Cudaminer and CgMiner but when I start CGminer he choose my nvidia (because she is the main board) and then it crash.

Thank  Grin

if you have 40gh/s for btc mining, why not just mine scrypt crapcoins and sell them on crypsy for btc?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:02:39 AM

Your mining software is male, and your graphics card is female??? Okay...

Anyway - use "-d 1" argument in .bat file or if you use command line. If you don't specify the device you want to use, it will use both the NV and AMD card. If you use the .cfg file to start cgminer, I'll have to look it up for you.

(and yeah - mine Scrypt and sell for BTC - way more profitable. Look into middlecoin.com if you don't want to deal with the altcoins. You mine altcoins, but they exchange them and pay out BTC.)
valkir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:04:52 AM

Cheesy sorry I'm french Canadian! Not perfect in english anyway.

So I will try -d 1 thank  Grin

edit
Command line set a divice that doesn't exist  Angry

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:30:47 AM

Cheesy sorry I'm french Canadian! Not perfect in english anyway.

So I will try -d 1 thank  Grin

edit
Command line set a divice that doesn't exist  Angry
If you use -d 0, I'm guessing it crashes? Do you have the latest (and full) AMD drivers for the card?

Both the Nvidia card and AMD card should both have OpenCL, which means they should both be detected as devices. If the Nvidia card is in the first PCI-e slot, it should be device 0, while the second device (the AMD card) should be device 1. Dunno what's going on.
FutureMoneyTrends

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 04:55:58 AM

Hey guys

Thank  Grin

if you have 40gh/s for btc mining, why not just mine scrypt crapcoins and sell them on crypsy for btc?

Yes, this site here shows you what is most profitable to mine (scrypt): http://coinwarz.com

ak84

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:47:07 AM

for cgminer, use:

--gpu-platform 1 or 0, depending on your card's PCI-E placement on your motherboard. Make sure it's mining on the AMD card.

Then run cudaminer as well for the nvidia card.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: